The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

ETA on PTS?

EntropicLynx
EntropicLynx
✭✭✭
Is there any word, anywhere, about when the PTS is going to be back up and available?
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

Honestly IDK. I'm on console and a such don't have access to such luxuries.
  • Signia
    Signia
    ✭✭✭
    nobody knows
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they'll swap the character copy to NA
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment I'm less interested in the character copies available than I am in trying out some build adjustments, but yes, eventually it would be nice to have my full set of NA characters cloned to the PTS.

So no one even semi-official has even hinted at an ETA, then? Pity.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    I need to know this as well, was going to test out a meme build (Coward's Gear Set all Divines all Gold, Swift Jewelry all Gold, Steed Stone, Champ Points Movement Speed Perk and Sprinting reduction, Med Armour Speed Passive, Orc Speed Passive).

SUPER SPRINTING SPEED!!!
    Edited by Cardthief on June 7, 2018 3:50AM
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been over 48 hours. It's unusual to see it down for maintenance this long.
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    testd4n1 wrote: »
    Next PTS cycle?

Then how are you even being able to see this forum an d post on here?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if maybe they're going to use PTS for BE3. So, next week perhaps.
    PC EU
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

Because I'm OP like that.
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

@KyleTheYounger, What makes you think that someone who plays on the console version of the game couldn't possibly also have access to an internet browser and this site in order to make posts to these forums? Especially since modern-day consoles, cell phones, tablets, PCs, Macs, Android TV boxes, smart TVs, and a large number of other devices *all* have basic internet access and browser apps.

Please, think things through a little more in the future.
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

@KyleTheYounger, What makes you think that someone who plays on the console version of the game couldn't possibly also have access to an internet browser and this site in order to make posts to these forums? Especially since modern-day consoles, cell phones, tablets, PCs, Macs, Android TV boxes, smart TVs, and a large number of other devices *all* have basic internet access and browser apps.

Because for most of us with us having the PTS Client we gain access to the otherwise usually hidden PTS Forum. When the game puts certain DLC's or Chapters into Beta Test they block off this forum for only those invited into the Beta Test on the PTS.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

Because for most of us with us having the PTS Client we gain access to the otherwise usually hidden PTS Forum. When the game puts certain DLC's or Chapters into Beta Test they block off this forum for only those invited into the Beta Test on the PTS.

Even as a console player I follow the PTS forum closely, since it will still come to us. As for your info, its a little off. They block off access to the PTS section of the forum and only those with a forum account can access it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if maybe they're going to use PTS for BE3. So, next week perhaps.

Yeah, that seems likely.
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

...Thereby proving my point.

If console gamers did not receive invites, or were unable to beta test the new DLC chapter for platform design purposes, then how would it be possible for them to access the hidden PTS server forum? Which would give them access/spoilers to beta content like the MQ etc which was protected by the NDA?

Seems to undermine the purpose of signing an NDA in the first place, wouldn't it?

Seems it's you who needs to follow your own advice......

Edited by KyleTheYounger on June 8, 2018 11:22AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

If console gamers did not receive invites, or were unable to beta test the new DLC chapter for platform design purposes, then how would it be possible for them to access the hidden PTS server forum? Which would give them access/spoilers to beta content like the MQ etc which was protected by the NDA?

Seems to undermine the purpose of signing an NDA in the first place, wouldn't it?

Next PTS cycle?

Even as a console player I follow the PTS forum closely, since it will still come to us. As for your info, its a little off. They block off access to the PTS section of the forum and only those with a forum account can access it.

It's only NDA on the main quest I think & as said above, the PTS section isn't blocked off, even shows in the 'Recent' tab, which a lot of people were QQ about pre summerset.
    Edited by Sparr0w on June 8, 2018 11:35AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • EntropicLynx
    EntropicLynx
    ✭✭✭
    @KyleTheYounger, As others have pointed out, the PTS forum is *not* blocked off. It is available to anyone who has a forum account.

So at least your initial post was based in some sense of logic, but your premise was deeply flawed.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so what does patch did? 4.0.5 as banner says.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 8, 2018 8:02PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 4.0.5 is the one that was applied to Live to install Summerset and Update 18. But Live is now on patch 4.0.8

PC EU
  • Currygaminginc
    Currygaminginc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next PTS cycle?

I agree whole heartedly with Kyle as when some of the DLC's mostly Chapters are in beta there are the NDA's and we can comment on those in the PTS forum but nowhere else so you wouldn't as a console player have access to a closed forum during the test. After the Beta is over and the NDA lifted the PTS Forum is then unblocked from general access. During the time between April 16th and May 1st only those with invites could access this section of the forum. Even those with forum accounts that did not have PTS Beta invites could not.