Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Will Likely Be the Next Chapter.

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    I just don't like cat people or lizard people..
    Why not cyrodill and change it from a PvP zone to a regular zone. Beautiful land scape.

You're onto something there ZoS can do a double metformin to have future and present like a void time rip we can have PVP Cyrodiil and PVE Cyrodiil not not bashed up as one.
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind. Being surrounded by adorable kitties sounds good to me.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly and unfortunately, Blues will have no Chapter, soon if this is true. Could also mean be a new dlc, for Elsweyr. For example like Orsinium and among others.

You know technically orsinium was a chapter. It just didn't actually come with anything amazing beyond maelstrom and story and some good sets. (I cant remember if we got 160 gear with it and the CP system, anyone remember when exactly that was? its been a while haha).

But the funny thing is generally speaking the only thing that made orsinium smaller than vardenfell was the fact there was a new class added at the time.

So realistically and technically DC already got one. It was just focused on the orks primarily. It was just called a DLC back then because that was before they realised they could make more money selling that sized content as a "chapter"/"expansion".

Its also assumed that supposing what they said was true is that doing it at the rate they were considering the size of orsinium was just not feasible for the team size that they had/have meaning they couldn't regularly churn out content of that size each quater so they decided to do 3 a year then a new chapter every year as well.

DLCs are build up and mindless fun or small stories and then the big chapter comes along with large balance changes or well thats how its supposed too work, the balance changes this time around left and still leave much to be desired.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on June 4, 2018 3:57AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Logically, Elsweyr is what should be coming as the next outdoor zone to be added to ESO.
    DC has two (Wrothgar, Hews Bane -> it's a part of Hammerfell after all)
    EP has two (Morrowind, Clockwork City)
    Cyrodiil has two (Imperial City, Gold Coast)
    AD has one (Summerset)
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I think it is awesome that AD gets all of this attention and recurring characters and all... Not sure if EP has it as well, but DC? The closest we get to recurring, is a mage lady that is only found if you go ransacking houses, can be found pouring through tomes, trying to find a way to bring Darien back... Doesn't matter what new content is out there, this game may as well only really have one faction, AD, when it comes to expansions and new content. Or, at least, it seems that way.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it just because of kitties and Raz!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    While I think it is awesome that AD gets all of this attention and recurring characters and all... Not sure if EP has it as well, but DC? The closest we get to recurring, is a mage lady that is only found if you go ransacking houses, can be found pouring through tomes, trying to find a way to bring Darien back... Doesn't matter what new content is out there, this game may as well only really have one faction, AD, when it comes to expansions and new content. Or, at least, it seems that way.

DC: Wrothgar, Hew's Bane
    EP: Vvardenfell, CWC
    AD: Summerset

AD has only received one DLC so far while the other factions have received two...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 6, 2018 6:59AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I'm sorta hoping for ohmes to look like anime cat girls tbh

Please in the name of Akatosh, NO! :s
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's just a fan fiction that Bethesda can disavow ar any point like Disney did with the Star Wars extended universe (while still taking concepts from it, as Disney also did).

You mean like they retconned things from the actual games? Yes they can, that doesn't make the source not canon.

Don't forget Lady Laurent and Stibbons, and Neramo's a DC character too even though he's an Altmer. And of course (Summerset spoiler ahoy):
    Darien

EP has Naryu and the twins who keep showing up in Dwemer ruins.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So is it pronounced Else-where?

Yes. The name literally comes from that. "A perfect society can always be found elsewhere." Elsweyr.

I always imagined it to be a result of the khajiit being deliberately vague.

"Hey cat, where you from anyway?"
    "This one is from...else where."
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    I think too many people on here focus on factions in regards to territorial equality. Technically, AD has most of their territory filled up (two whole provinces, discounting Falinesti). I do agree that Elsweyr would be a great choice, given its size and the fact that we are severely lacking beastfolk content as of late. That's why I hope we get Murkmire this year, along with the fact that Argonians (or "hand bags" to the simple min - err I mean dry-skins who can't see beneath the surface of Argonian culture) are my favorite race. I'm okay with a smaller DLC version, but it would make me think of what could've been in its original form. In any case, we've had two elves expansions already, and both were splendidly beautiful. Now I think the beasts deserve love, given that humans have a decent amount of base content and some DLC content. Although, the fake ruins that the Red Guards make to drive tourism do not disappoint.
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    Please no. If I have to spend an entire DLC listening to Khajit-speak I will probably lose my mind. And I'm not interested in a handbag race expansion either since Argonian voices are like thousands of tiny nails being scraped across a chalkboard. I hope Zenimax understands the average player can only stomach small amounts of third-person speaking and gurgle-talking.

Please Zenimax. I beg you.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC - EP - AD rotation. If next one going to be Elsweyr then the one after Elsweyr should be a DC region.

I'm thinking of Skyrim (West).
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    HEXENWOLF wrote: »
    Please no. If I have to spend an entire DLC listening to Khajit-speak I will probably lose my mind. And I'm not interested in a handbag race expansion either since Argonian voices are like thousands of tiny nails being scraped across a chalkboard. I hope Zenimax understands the average player can only stomach small amounts of third-person speaking and gurgle-talking.

I can't stand more mundane human content just yet. There's plenty of tolerable voice types.
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    Sicardus wrote: »

I can't stand more mundane human content just yet. There's plenty of tolerable voice types.

I'm pretty sure the High Elves would take great offense to being thought of as "human."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see more of:

Hammerfell
    Solstheim
    Planes of Oblivion

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they'd do another chapter with Raz so soon. Plus, his family could live in Leyawiin for all we know. The chapter is also not even name-dropping Elsweyr anywhere, which previous hints always did.

After seeing Summerset's Altmer, I'd rather they do a province they can't screw up again. They already retconned Khajiiti furstocks, nothing good will come from this.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO! No deserts!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DC actually has the most recurring characters of any of the alliances. Darien is the closest equivalent to Raz and Nayru the DC have, but there's a ton of smaller characters that reoccur throughout the DC zones, and especially in Coldharbour. In Coldharbour, there were more DC characters than there were AD and EP combined.

There were several of them who reappeared in Wrothgar and a couple in smaller DLC's and Vvardenfell. I haven't done Summerset so I can't say much about that. Once DC gets another chapter, there will probably be an iconic DC character to be heavily included in the storyline there too like Raz is for Summerset, and Nayru for Vvardenfell.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    NO! No deserts!

Hrm, you see we are running out of much else.

When you look at the map, you realise that whats left is either desert, snowy mountain-scapes, or thick black marshlands.

We have Hammerfell which is nearly all barren desert, left to fill in from the borders of the Alik'r down to Hews Bane, then across to the grassy scrublands of lower Cyrodiil. The Elsweyr zones are known to be a mix of grassy lands to the north around Nibenay, then as you come south it becomes grassy scrubland around the borders of Reaper's March. To the east of that is thick almost impenetrable, very humid marsh and jungle.

Aside from that, we have the far north of Tamriel to see which is mostly mountainous terrain.

I personally believe we will not see Skyrim until the 10th Anniversary of the Skyrim game, in 2022 (??).

A couple of years ago, someone posted a map of the zones left to fill in - you can see how the devs folded entire areas such as VVardenfell and Summerset into one large contiguous area -

bdJd0xX.jpg

Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I you weren't already sick of the cats, you will be now.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    When you look at the map, you realise that whats left is either desert, snowy mountain-scapes, or thick black marshlands.
    Then please let them do Marshlands or thick rainforests with trees so dense you cant ride through them. But no deserts! Deserts are always horrible, in every game.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I doubt they'd do another chapter with Raz so soon. Plus, his family could live in Leyawiin for all we know. The chapter is also not even name-dropping Elsweyr anywhere, which previous hints always did.

After seeing Summerset's Altmer, I'd rather they do a province they can't screw up again. They already retconned Khajiiti furstocks, nothing good will come from this.

So she is a talking giant senche?
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    NO! No deserts!

Elsweyr isn't just a desert :)

It's probably the most diverse province there is actually. Deserts, badlands, canyons, crags, in the north, turning into plains as you start to go south, and tropical rainforests in the southern half, probably with some beaches as you get to the coast. It has the largest port city in Tamriel, Senchal, which is also probably one of the most dangerous because of crime rates. It also has palaces, like the old Tsaesci potentate's in Senchal.

Then you have Rimmen, which has a lot of beautiful ancient Akaviri architecture built into the city apparently, but that city is probably the opposite of Senchal, to the extreme, where Senchal is the most chaotic and lawless, Rimmen the most oppressive and strict, but both equally as dangerous...at least, that was 4th Era Rimmen, not sure what it's like in the 2nd Era.

And that's only two of the cities...but now that I think about it, I'm worried some of them might be in a destroyed state at the moment, ESO has a tendency to have at least 1 or 2 destroyed cities in a lot of zones because of the conflicts going on there.
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is a major DC zone next. Not counting the smaller DLCs, Wrothgar (DC) -> Vvardenfell (EP) -> Summerset (AD) -> ? (DC)
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    Sicardus wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the High Elves would take great offense to being thought of as "human."

I wasn't referring to them. The base game comes with plenty of human centric provinces and regions. We are deprived of beast zones for the most part.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now these are the two hints I can see in Summerset dealing with the khajiits land

- indeed when Razum-dar the Nonchalant says he will meet his family, in the conclusion dialog at the palace of Alinor
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    w8d72wm428oj.png

- new wardrobe from the khajiit for some time

3b1dd5c85559479a50a39731393b95f5.jpg
    a92d640fee0c75c83226343a9a910fca.jpg

- NPC in Alinor wearing unrevealed dress ! It conveys what would be the style from Pellitine from my point of view:

screen46.jpg

For the content, I'm not a fan of the furstocks trip anyway. Anime catgirls? well... I don't mind X)

a new weapon line : BARE HANDS !

lessons at moon monasteries

'human' pyramids but made of khajiit monks

bamboo forests, deserts, sacred mountains, bazaars, cane fields

much sugar

trip on Jone (blessed skooma)

Namiira vs. Azurah

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC's turn
    Xbox One Na
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly and unfortunately, Blues will have no Chapter, soon if this is true. Could also mean be a new dlc, for Elsweyr. For example like Orsinium and among others.

Not sure if you are referring to Blues as DC but if so, we had Orsinium. Craglorn, while an adventure zone was in DC lands. Then you have Gold Coast and Hews Bane which at this time is actually Imperial lands.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they actually hold summerset as their new bottom line standard, bugs glitches etc aside. Then I do not care what area they do next. I think Summerset is the best so far. This also stems from an opinion that had no interest in exploring Summerset even from a lore point.
    Xbox One Na