The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

2 Min+ Load Times per zone

Elf_Boy
Elf_Boy
✭✭✭
Any suggestions to speed up load times would be appreciated. Even with Win disk caching and going back to the same area the load time can be brutal which leads me to believe it is not a Hard Disk/Storage transfer speed issue. I have ESO installed on an NVME x4 SSD with Windows on a pretty fast Sata 3 SSD, both m.2.

Thank you
** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elf_Boy

The troubleshooting steps listed in this thread may help speed up loading times when you try loading into a zone.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elf_Boy

Usersettings.ini

SET CachedRLREnabled 0 or 1 // This cooks the shaders (shadows) and stores in a cache file so that it never has to cook them again. Load times are super fast afterwards. Delete it and try log in, it will take a long time. It will grow in size as you visit more zones and each time you change your Shadow settings between Low and Ultra. Fresh size is usually 5.7MB and grows to 20-30MB.

Put it to 1 and after change the usersetting file to read only.

Big impact on load screen time. Remember to switch of read only if you want to change anything more like ingame graphics sound etc because it will not save after you exit game otherwise.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Ry both. I looked over the user file and made a few tweaks. The load times are random and inconsistent. I am suspecting the cause is external to my specs.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **