Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

ETA for HDR fix for Xbox One X?

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
I've posted about this before, but have never seen ZOS acknowledge the problem. In summary - This game's HDR looks like garbage on the X. The colors are super saturated and all shadows are rendered in saturated overly bright shades of blue. When is this going to be fixed? It's not my TV, nor my TV's settings as plenty of other people with different TVs have this same problem. I honestly haven't bothered playing this game since I got my new Xbox One X and Vizio 55" 4K HDR TV because of the HDR problem. It just looks horrible. I have the option of turning the HDR on my xbox off, but I'm not going to turn it off and on again and again just to play ESO. Every other game and movie looks great with my TV's HDR. So seriously, when can we expect a fix for this? At the very least, acknowledgement of the problem would go a long way.

Thank you.
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    I've posted about this before, but have never seen ZOS acknowledge the problem. In summary - This game's HDR looks like garbage on the X. The colors are super saturated and all shadows are rendered in saturated overly bright shades of blue. When is this going to be fixed? It's not my TV, nor my TV's settings as plenty of other people with different TVs have this same problem. I honestly haven't bothered playing this game since I got my new Xbox One X and Vizio 55" 4K HDR TV because of the HDR problem. It just looks horrible. I have the option of turning the HDR on my xbox off, but I'm not going to turn it off and on again and again just to play ESO. Every other game and movie looks great with my TV's HDR. So seriously, when can we expect a fix for this? At the very least, acknowledgement of the problem would go a long way.

Thank you.

I would like to know this myself. The color mode looks like when you've set your TV to a wide color gamut when you shouldn't. I would love a fix as right now I have to play without HDR for the game to look good. I know some will say "it's your TV," but it truly isn't. This is all on the developers need to fix this game.
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was also hoping for a fix, coming with the Summerset update, but unfortunately colors are still super saturated and HDR brightness setting doesn’t seem to have any effect at all.
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've seen these concerns and are working on a fix for a future update. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

can we get some pics for reference?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• BruceAndre
    BruceAndre
    ✭✭
    Same issue here, I've turned the color setting down a bit to help with the saturation while playing.

Are you also having an issue with the zoom on the map? I'm wondering if it's a 4K issue also.
    On the regular Xbox One, the map zooms like in like it normally should but on the Xbox One X it doesn't zoom in 'closer' on the regions.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

Thank you.

can we get some pics for reference?

Here's a link to a previous post with a pic https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400374/when-will-hdr-be-fixed-on-the-xbox-one-x/p1?new=1
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is not only Xbox related , the HDR is the same joke almost 2 years from now for tbe PS4 pro owners .
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we've seen these concerns and are working on a fix for a future update. Thanks!

Thank the Lord! Summerset looks amazing and I want it to look its best.
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    Wow. They fixed the HDR issue finally! Colors aren't oversaturated now! Yaaaas!
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed? You mean broke.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread since there is a more up to date thread currently ongoing. Please continue the discussion in the thread linked below.

Update Broke HDR
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.