The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solution to sloads is :

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you used vigor + rally while having minor mending, would that be enough to counter sloads?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you used vigor + rally while having minor mending, would that be enough to counter sloads?

one yes, two rekt
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Vencenzo wrote: »
    Only one instance may exist on a target at a time. No more multiple players sloads stacking on one person.

Sloads by itself if fine. It's slightly counter to shield builds that don't run restoration. The problem is when a group of players stack sloads on one target and there's no counterplay, just death.

And now tell me why this should not apply to literally every other dot in the game?

Your solution is bad and you should feel bad.

Shame. shame.shame.shame.

All other dots are mitigated through battle spirit, shields, armor resistance, damage reduction, should I keep going? There is no mitigation for oblivion.

You can out heal it easily. Take that.

Sure in a 1v1 duel. But in BGs and cyrodil when people are stacking sloads it’s cancer and OP. Right back at you.

Not worried. I can out heal it. Back at you now.

If you are magplar hwo isn't defile you will outheal multiple sload.

How about others ?

I have 5 characters. I think I can out heal it on all. Stam DK, mag dk, stam warden, mag warden, stam sorc. Not worried about sloads. I got the answer for it.

Why are you defending a set that you haven’t even tested lmao, and while I’m confident you can out heal a slaps proc you do realize that won’t be the only damage coming at you right and that it can be stacked so while you can heal through one it’s much harder to deal with 3 procs on you,
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with sloads is that it stacks. All these snipe spammers are shooting the same person and even if you properly counter the snipes, you can still get the sloads applied from light attacks or poison injections.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Heals over time with 1 burst heal. Solved.
    Defile wrecks your whole argument.

I can purge defile... my other classes have such high healing increase defile is negated. Ps. I only bg.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Only one instance may exist on a target at a time. No more multiple players sloads stacking on one person.

Sloads by itself if fine. It's slightly counter to shield builds that don't run restoration. The problem is when a group of players stack sloads on one target and there's no counterplay, just death.

And now tell me why this should not apply to literally every other dot in the game?

All other dots are mitigated through battle spirit, shields, armor resistance, damage reduction, should I keep going? There is no mitigation for oblivion.

You can out heal it easily. Take that.

Sure in a 1v1 duel. But in BGs and cyrodil when people are stacking sloads it’s cancer and OP. Right back at you.

Not worried. I can out heal it. Back at you now.

If you are magplar hwo isn't defile you will outheal multiple sload.

How about others ?

I have 5 characters. I think I can out heal it on all. Stam DK, mag dk, stam warden, mag warden, stam sorc. Not worried about sloads. I got the answer for it.

Why are you defending a set that you haven’t even tested lmao, and while I’m confident you can out heal a slaps proc you do realize that won’t be the only damage coming at you right and that it can be stacked so while you can heal through one it’s much harder to deal with 3 procs on you,

Right. I'm pretty confident in my build that I won't have an issue. Built for sustain, damage, and healing.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can purge defile... my other classes have such high healing increase defile is negated. Ps. I only bg.
    Yea now your just being obtuse for no reason and if your telling me your run Purge on your stamdk,stamwarden and stamsorc 2of those have big magic dumps but I fought you in BG multiple times so Ik for a fact you don't run Purge and your healing isn't as high as your claiming on any on anything but stamdam .Purge removes 2 negative effects so your not even guaranteed to remove the defile or the sload.Purge can remove the snare or bleed but you would still have major/minor defile on you and or sloads.
    In no CP Major defile is 30% healing reduction not adding minor defile at this point which is another 15 %.Mjaor defile alone would turn your lets say 2500 vigor crit so 1,750 which I would agree is alot but now lets add in sloads which is about 900 damage per second that turn your 1,750 heal to 850 HPS with vigor.So now you only have 850 HPS to keep you alive on top of all the other damage your taking.I didn't account for rally since that's your burst heal.I will agree stamwardens have the best chance of healing through it but stamdk and stamsorc are screwed.

If I add minor defile your vigor crit goes down to 1,375 adding sload on top reduce your healing to 475 hps.On a crit your more than likely getting less crits in no cp and less things to boost your crit heals in No CP. More than likely being generous your not getting 2k no crit heals in bg on a stam build

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea now your just being obtuse for no reason and if your telling me your run Purge on your stamdk,stamwarden and stamsorc 2of those have big magic dumps but I fought you in BG multiple times so Ik for a fact you don't run Purge and your healing isn't as high as your claiming on any on anything but stamdam .Purge removes 2 negative effects so your not even guaranteed to remove the defile or the sload.Purge can remove the snare or bleed but you would still have major/minor defile on you and or sloads.
    In no CP Major defile is 30% healing reduction not adding minor defile at this point which is another 15 %.Mjaor defile alone would turn your lets say 2500 vigor crit so 1,750 which I would agree is alot but now lets add in sloads which is about 900 damage per second that turn your 1,750 heal to 850 HPS with vigor.So now you only have 850 HPS to keep you alive on top of all the other damage your taking.I didn't account for rally since that's your burst heal.I will agree stamwardens have the best chance of healing through it but stamdk and stamsorc are screwed.

If I add minor defile your vigor crit goes down to 1,375 adding sload on top reduce your healing to 475 hps.On a crit your more than likely getting less crits in no cp and less things to boost your crit heals in No CP. More than likely being generous your not getting 2k no crit heals in bg on a stam build

Dude the vigor is wild. You should try it. 8% heavy, 25% mending, 12% do passive, 10% argonian.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    This again?

This entire argument is invalid from the start and always has been. It does not matter one bit if it stacks or not. EVERYTHING stacks, and so it should.

I have mentioned it before, but i will repeat it untill this silly argument goes away;

If 4 people are stacking Sloads on you, the Sloads proc is the least of your worries. For these guys to proc Sloads on you, they will be damaging you (10% chance on damage, remember?). So no matter WHAT they stack on you, you will be dead.

This is the "10 people with Knightslayer" theory all over again. (Point being, this was an outcry back at Knightslayer launch, and no one seemed to understand that just the Heavy Attack from those 10 people would be enough to kill anyone).

So to put it straight;

Wether or not it stacks is utterly and completely irrelevant, since receiving that amount of damage from multiple opponents, will have you killed before you even feel the Sloads ticking.

There is only two issues with Sloads; It should have a 2 second cooldown period (active 6 sec, again at 8 sec) and it should not break cloak. Everything else is just fine, and is a L2P issue all around.

HAHAHA... you just had to slip that in at the end. Breaking cloak is the best reason for running this cancerous set. Take that away and you better nerf Shield Breaker, too, because Sorcs are going to riot!

Shieldbreaker doesn’t remove and prevent shields from being reapplied to prevent other damage.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude the vigor is wild. You should try it. 8% heavy, 25% mending, 12% do passive, 10% argonian.
    You didn't say argonian that's different.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn't say argonian that's different.

Another 18% when in cp... Its gnarly.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    The issue with sloads is that it stacks. All these snipe spammers are shooting the same person and even if you properly counter the snipes, you can still get the sloads applied from light attacks or poison injections.

The issue with dots is that they stack?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

The issue with dots is that they stack?

Technically it’s not a dot though, that’s why it keeps NBs out of stealth.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it's still a dot. You read the description of the set, I'm sure. It does x damage over y time. What else could you call it? But methinks oblivion damage can bypass cloak's suppression, the way it bypasses shields etc. Since sloads is the first of its kind I believe i am probably right.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    This again?

This entire argument is invalid from the start and always has been. It does not matter one bit if it stacks or not. EVERYTHING stacks, and so it should.

I have mentioned it before, but i will repeat it untill this silly argument goes away;

If 4 people are stacking Sloads on you, the Sloads proc is the least of your worries. For these guys to proc Sloads on you, they will be damaging you (10% chance on damage, remember?). So no matter WHAT they stack on you, you will be dead.

This is the "10 people with Knightslayer" theory all over again. (Point being, this was an outcry back at Knightslayer launch, and no one seemed to understand that just the Heavy Attack from those 10 people would be enough to kill anyone).

So to put it straight;

Wether or not it stacks is utterly and completely irrelevant, since receiving that amount of damage from multiple opponents, will have you killed before you even feel the Sloads ticking.

There is only two issues with Sloads; It should have a 2 second cooldown period (active 6 sec, again at 8 sec) and it should not break cloak. Everything else is just fine, and is a L2P issue all around.

This is spoken like someone who hides in groups. If you’ve ever ended up in a solo position, you know that 4 people who aren’t skilled can be evaded and/or killed. If all four people are wearing sloads that’s a very different fight. Just like Zaan, earthgore etc, these are crutch sets that raise the floor and lower the ceiling. There are so many misinformed people chiming in on this discussion.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Own wrote: »
    At least let me Cloak as a nightblade

No. NBs should suffer the same fate. Enjoy your "only affects Sorc" set. =>

It's not really the same tough.

Shieldbreaker doesn't stop you from using your shield or removes it, it still absorbs the other incoming damage.

It would be like sloads not breaking cloak, only doing damage even while you're cloaked. But still being invisible/avoiding the non-aoe/oblivion damage.

Try again? :smiley:

Unfortunately for you, it is the same in how it nullifies defense skills completely. No difference there. Shieldbreaker makes it pointless to shield against which is to mitigate the damage. Sload's do not allow Cloak as it should as a true damage. Only difference is the condition of true damage proc'ing. So, it is the same. Come again?

Lol so you can't use a shield to migate non oblivion damage when you get hit by shieldbreaker? Or does it remove your shield? No didn't think so.

Sload is breaking/removing cloak not just bypassing it. Try to twist this how you want but the only thing these sets have in common is that they do oblivion damage.

The tears of the sorcs would be far greater If it disabled/removed their shield while also bypassing it :trollface:

But whatever, won't get changed anytime soon. Lets enjoy the sloads.

Shield doesn't matter when you take regular 2k damage per left click now would it? Sure, it does mitigate the light attack damage itself, but light attack damage has to pass through checks of your penetration and then the target's resistance/CP EVEN IF the Sorc didn't shield. Which means, it usually ends up being less than flat 2.3k or so damage that Shieldbreaker can provide consistently and 100%. So, the shield is basically completely nullified and a waste of magicka like NB trying to Cloak while Sload's ticking on them. If Cloak was to completely nullify Sload's ticking on you, then it wouldn't be a true damage. Because it clearly hasn't passed a defense skill's check. I am not sure what's the difference there other than the technicalities.

And finally, the main point. NBs do not have it worse than Sorc. Sorcs dealt with 100% guaranteed proc from Shieldbreaker. Sload's is 10% chance which is still high but still is a chance. If you don't get a proc on you, then you can still Cloak. It's not like the set is completely disabling you from using Cloak when you are in the vicinity of Sload's wearer even when they didn't get a proc on you. And NBs are likely to get it proc'd on them far less than Sorcs ever will or any other classes for that matter. I am pretty sure this is working as intended, stupid or not. It is a true damage, therefore it WILL nullify any defenses depending on how its damage is delivered.

True solution to Sload's is by abusing it and get other sets nerfed to death and then eventually Sload's btw.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 3, 2018 7:46AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shieldbreaker doesn't stop you from using your shield or removes it, it still absorbs the other incoming damage.

It would be like sloads not breaking cloak, only doing damage even while you're cloaked. But still being invisible/avoiding the non-aoe/oblivion damage.

Unfortunately for you, it is the same in how it nullifies defense skills completely. No difference there. Shieldbreaker makes it pointless to shield against which is to mitigate the damage. Sload's do not allow Cloak as it should as a true damage. Only difference is the condition of true damage proc'ing. So, it is the same. Come again?

Lol so you can't use a shield to migate non oblivion damage when you get hit by shieldbreaker? Or does it remove your shield? No didn't think so.

Sload is breaking/removing cloak not just bypassing it. Try to twist this how you want but the only thing these sets have in common is that they do oblivion damage.

The tears of the sorcs would be far greater If it disabled/removed their shield while also bypassing it :trollface:

Shield doesn't matter when you take regular 2k damage per left click now would it? Sure, it does mitigate the light attack damage itself, but light attack damage has to pass through checks of your penetration and then the target's resistance/CP EVEN IF the Sorc didn't shield. Which means, it usually ends up being less than flat 2.3k or so damage that Shieldbreaker can provide consistently and 100%. So, the shield is basically completely nullified and a waste of magicka like NB trying to Cloak while Sload's ticking on them. If Cloak was to completely nullify Sload's ticking on you, then it wouldn't be a true damage. Because it clearly hasn't passed a defense skill's check. I am not sure what's the difference there other than the technicalities.

And finally, the main point. NBs do not have it worse than Sorc. Sorcs dealt with 100% guaranteed proc from Shieldbreaker. Sload's is 10% chance which is still high but still is a chance. If you don't get a proc on you, then you can still Cloak. It's not like the set is completely disabling you from using Cloak when you are in the vicinity of Sload's wearer even when they didn't get a proc on you. And NBs are likely to get it proc'd on them far less than Sorcs ever will or any other classes for that matter. I am pretty sure this is working as intended, stupid or not. It is a true damage, therefore it WILL nullify any defenses depending on how its damage is delivered.

True solution to Sload's is by abusing it and get other sets nerfed to death and then eventually Sload's btw.

That's the thing. Shieldbreaker is 3x the damage of sloads (assuming inconsistent light attack hits, more if consistent). It doesn't need to disable the shield to kill, it does fine without it.. (Would be kind of self-defeating if it did).

Had a recent death recap with nothing but sloads/sb, and the sb dmg was 3x that of sloads, so yeah, the maths bears out in game too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking must go. Just one shield at the time. Until then sloads is just fine.

Learn to use other survability skills than just shields and stand still.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Shield stacking must go. Just one shield at the time. Until then sloads is just fine.

Learn to use other survability skills than just shields and stand still.

riiigght..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's still a dot. You read the description of the set, I'm sure. It does x damage over y time. What else could you call it? But methinks oblivion damage can bypass cloak's suppression, the way it bypasses shields etc. Since sloads is the first of its kind I believe i am probably right.

Sure it looks like a dot. It’s supposed to be a dot. But go equip skoria and tell me if the game itself thinks sloads is a dot

There was a period of time when someone could only have one mage’s wrath on them at a time, and before that, one curse. Sloads can be balanced by getting the same treatment.

It is an Xv1 set that is making bad players relevant. No big deal. But unlike every other skill / item in the game, this one has no counter and no skill requirements to use it.
    Edited by Thogard on June 3, 2018 10:15AM

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wont this just mean that people need to start building with healing in mind?
    I just tried out the order of diagna set on my stamblade, and wow the minor vitality at all times seems pretty nice. Paired it with draugr hulk set. Then when summerset drops on console I will be able to change the "healthy" traits on the diagna jewelry to either robust or infused.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t own any sloads yet but I like it. People always complain about the good sets. It’s a dot. On my death recap it’s 3 or 4 k damage.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure how abusing it gets other sets nerfed but it sure would eventually get Sloads nerfed if we all keep using it.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It goes through all mitigation because of ZoS logic:

And I seriously quote

"Because Oblivion damage cannot critically hit"

I personally would have went with a whole, variety of damage to make PvP more interesting, but critical hits are the reason
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure it looks like a dot. It’s supposed to be a dot. But go equip skoria and tell me if the game itself thinks sloads is a dot

The game itself is sometimes wrong. Case in point: warden flies did not trigger skoria for a very long time, even tho it is a dot.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was gonna say sounds more of an issue with skoria than sloads.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a horrendous meta this one is. The solution to Sloads (and Zaan, and Major Defile and bleed builds with Master DW) may well be Camelot Unchained roll around July as even having stuck with this game since closed beta I no longer have any faith in ZOS to balance out all the issues with pvp in the near to medium future.
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Not sure how abusing it gets other sets nerfed but it sure would eventually get Sloads nerfed if we all keep using it.

Are you not familiar with how ZOS works? I am sure they will nerf Torug's first. Then some other sets paired with Sload's. And then Sload's will be the target.
    Biro123 wrote: »

That's the thing. Shieldbreaker is 3x the damage of sloads (assuming inconsistent light attack hits, more if consistent). It doesn't need to disable the shield to kill, it does fine without it.. (Would be kind of self-defeating if it did).

Had a recent death recap with nothing but sloads/sb, and the sb dmg was 3x that of sloads, so yeah, the maths bears out in game too.

Dayum SB savagery there.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel