Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Small Group PvP: Alive in Summerset (PvP tips and tricks available)

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice vid but... omg, the guys you were fighting against made lots of mistakes, and some of them were high rank.
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    @Vietfox

Indeed they did, though it's not necessarily representative of their normal play.

You may notice the difference in some of the clips immediately, but while you can pretty much face tank bad players who don't know what their combo is, or are not properly geared; fighting good (or at least more experienced) players is about exploiting mistakes.

Generally speaking, if you are fighting 3 experienced, well equipped players who are not making any mistakes... well you're not going to win. Usually you'll either run away or stall them until others show up.

When fighting outnumbered against multiple experienced players, I play pretty defensively, and try and provide them with lots of opportunities to make a mistake or let their guard down. I'll be looking for a shield to drop, or to catch somebody in a gap closer, etc.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
  • olesmo
    olesmo
    ✭✭✭
    Dont understand how ppl play with camera so close to their character. Its impossible to have any reaction to incoming gapclosers/projectiles behind you
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    @olesmo

That's a good question- I've been told that before actually.

I still have my camera distance bound to my scroll wheel, so I change it up pretty fluidly. Generally speaking, when I am near a resource tower I am zoomed in a little closer. It also keeps your camera out of the trees and other visual obstacles. In some cases, I prefer a close camera because it allows me to see more clearly what sorcs with hurricane or boundless storm are casting.

Most gap closers have an audio cue as well, allowing me to react to attacks from behind.

But playing zoomed out helps with that a lot as well. I mix it up pretty regularly haha.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GREAT VIDEO HOLY COW!
    Dude Where's My Guar?