The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

This is what Zenimax Deserves!

Spartycuss
Spartycuss
✭✭✭
For not giving full beta access and true open beta months before release. These problems stem from having only a beta weekend to test for bugs with older game builds. Yes I do understand there was a PTS, but they only had like 3000 people playing and they obliviously left exploits in the game so they could lvl to 50 in a day or less.
  • Lamprey
    Lamprey
    Please restate your support issue so we can attempt to help you.
  • Spartycuss
    Spartycuss
    ✭✭✭
    Well there is no general forum, where am i suppose to post lmao
  • Hyperventilate
    Hyperventilate
    ✭✭✭
    I.. what? I'm not sure what's going on here. What do they deserve, sever downtime? What has got your knickers in a twist, exactly?
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    he's saying that there wasnt enough betas so that why there is this downtime. Stupid arguement and very tin foil hatty but that's how some people are.
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • deronbarlowb16_ESO
    SWTOR, WAR and WOW all had quest and mob exploits and they ahd full open betas...your point is moot.
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    Spartycuss wrote: »
    Yes I do understand there was a PTS, but they only had like 3000 people playing and they obliviously left exploits in the game so they could lvl to 50 in a day or less.
    What? Lol?
    I didn't have PTS access, and participated only in the last 3 betas. I still managed to figure out that grinding public dungeon bosses due to respawn mechanics would level me up just fine.

And you know what? It's okay. If 24 people are willing to stand there spamming 2 buttons for 20 hours to level up, let them. I'd rather enjoy the full ride with the story and quests, but what harm does it do to me if someone powerlevels?
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Lol wow I expected downtime its like this with every mmo launch... i hate you whiners so much
  • acunninghan
    Agree on the fact that people is overreacting to these bugs and server downtime but i don't not understand why there are so many people blindly defending ZOS when it is obvious that this was not managed properly.
  • GeneralCornwallace
    Agree on the fact that people is overreacting to these bugs and server downtime but i don't not understand why there are so many people blindly defending ZOS when it is obvious that this was not managed properly.
    I am not blindly defending them, you think they want this going on though? Obviously the game was rushed, as is every mmo. Its the big wigs who only care about the moneys fault, not the developers. Whining and complaining about down time, yet would also be whining and complaining even more if there was game breaking bugs (which they are obviously probably fixing) if you came into this launch expecting perfection, you are a fool. All these whiners should have waited a couple months, I want to play to, but I more then expected bugs/downtime, anyone with COMMON SENSE should have as well.
  • Fozee
    Fozee
    ✭✭
    The people in the PTS were mostly parts of very well trusted communities. Letting in thousands more random people wouldn't help get any problems found and fixed, as your random player is simply not as trustworthy.

As for the few who found exploits in PTS and used them to an advantage at launch, I can't say for certain but general MMO policy is a permanent ban for that behavior.
    BioWare Moderator
    Ex Warhammer Online Moderation Lead
    Terrorsquid Extraordinaire
  • Rousay
    Rousay
    I'd expect that ZeniMax would be smart enough to determine these 'exploiters', find correlations between private beta invitees and accounts that belong to these guilds or groups who together exploited to level fast, and used means like beta agreements and non-disclosures to ban them from the game... while fixing the bugs so when these people re-purchase, they're unable to re-use the same exploits.

Unreasonable?
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no problem with being out leveled in this game, it's so much fun to play even just running around finding materials. lol Leveling is the least of my worries. So by all means let the try hards level as fast as they want, It's not like they get free pancakes or something.
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood in 15 years of mmos what the point is of rushing to 50 on the first day. No really, why?? Then people will whine that there is no end content in this game and threaten to leave *boggles* There were level 50s last night complaining of just that and threatening to leave in another section of these boards. happens in every mmo.

What, do you want a medal for blindly dashing to the endgame? Do people actually get a sense of accomplishment from it? What's the point, to feel l33t? whhhy? You know it's a game right? I just don't get it. Seems so wasteful to me.

That's like buying a 60$ box of chocolates then ripping the box open to eat all of them in an hour. Then complaining of having no more cookies.. and of the stomach ache O.o
    Edited by lioslinn on April 2, 2014 5:59PM
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    lioslinn wrote: »
    I have never understood in 15 years of mmos what the point is of rushing to 50 on the first day. No really, why?? Then people will whine that there is no end content in this game and threaten to leave *boggles* There were level 50s last night complaining of just that and threatening to leave in another section of these boards. happens in every mmo.

What, do you want a medal for blindly dashing to the endgame? Do people actually get a sense of accomplishment from it? What's the point, to feet l33t? whhhy? I just don't get it. Seems so wasteful to me.

That's like buying a 60$ box of chocolate cookies then ripping the box open to eat all of them in an hour. Then complaining of having no more cookies.. and of the stomach ache O.o

What they do is hit 50 complain about there not being anything to do at 50. Then make some alts also to complain about the game being boring and doing the same thing over n over.
  • AntiSaint
    AntiSaint
    Beagle wrote: »
    We have tons of folks that hit 50 using the tactics. Zenimax thinks that the little 'feature' is unbalancing enough to change it and limit the rewards in today's patch. However, none of the folks that did this are banned, been rolled back, or got disciplined in anyway.

So what exactly were people doing to rage level their toons to 50 in a day? Was it pvp content, dungeon content, other?

No, you can't have my stuff...
  • Sephy
    Sephy
    ✭✭
    I am not blindly defending them, you think they want this going on though? Obviously the game was rushed, as is every mmo. Its the big wigs who only care about the moneys fault, not the developers. Whining and complaining about down time, yet would also be whining and complaining even more if there was game breaking bugs (which they are obviously probably fixing) if you came into this launch expecting perfection, you are a fool. All these whiners should have waited a couple months, I want to play to, but I more then expected bugs/downtime, anyone with COMMON SENSE should have as well.

Oh I very much expected this myself. The prior Betas were concentrated groups. Frankly, the early access was a good idea to help do that final push/pick on the server to see what would potentially need fixing.

I'm fine waiting myself since I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied while waiting for the servers to come back up. Like playing Hearthstone for example! <3
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if they had open beta for a year, there would still be bugs popping up during launch. When it comes to software, and programming software, when you fix 2 things, sometimes you break 3 things. You are never going to truly know everything that is broken until it is abused. Even if you wash your car 15 times in a day, and you are 100% sure it is clean, no spots or specs of dirt anywhere, you bring a group of 50 people to inspect it, at least one of them will find a spot you missed.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Man oh man this is so funny! I've seen this in every mmo i ever
    played. People just make me laugh.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    joanjett wrote: »

I know right? the entitlement people think they have when they agreed themselves that they knew these things would things happen like this before playing.

Goes to show nobody reads what they accept.

Welcome to the wide world of how MMO launches go people.

Edited by Reignskream on April 2, 2014 6:12PM
  • AntiSaint
    AntiSaint
    joanjett wrote: »

All the rage is definitely amusing.

No, you can't have my stuff...
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    So, in the end, we have another "Exploit Early, Exploit Often" case unpunished.