The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dam War: Nothing's Fair

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
Ourorboros wrote: »
Nerf all NERF threads!!!!

57178453.jpg

Long long ago in a QQ thread way far away, people started to complain...
Now, some scrub sorcerer who spams Overload light attacks and crystal blast...
From stealth...
Must get good?
no.

Every currently active mag sorc may continue to play the way they play, and continue to suck btw, but now they actually need to learn how to read and adapt to play outside of shield spam.

"But O'great Pinja how do we survive a shied spam counter?"
  • First- Get away from it.
  • Second- Out live it.

"But what means do I have to live without shield?"
  • Desructive Reach + Power Surge.
  • Rapid Regeneration or Healing Ward.

"But that'd mean I'd have to change my build?"
  • Yes...

Any other Sloader FAQs just ask in a comment below.

Example:
"PInja, If I use low stat hard counters like Sload's Semblance and Shieldbreaker in tandem wont that put me in a severe disadvantage vs builds that I don't counter?"
-Probably

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aside from this latest issue let's continue to explore Pvp game balance and see what's happening.
With all this cursing and complaining I'll call i a Dam war, where everyone's trying to block everyones fun.
Every class, even with the first release of the Warden, started out with a pool of resources for players to choose from. A play the way you want style where you can find a playstyle like it and not be left without options. Thing is resources grew thin as the game balance shifted away from options towards optimal, in both pvp and pve as the best or better was made standered. Not that it set the standered for players to follow, but was nerfed to be standered, inline with 'others.'
Well what does this do?
Well first, it drys the game up. It means classes, abilities, and sets will get weaker and weaker as they get nerfed. Practically forcing you to really on new 'unbalanced' set's, classes, and skills as they come out inorder to stay saturated with an unfair and mildly poor level of entertainment.
Is this my company no. Could I run it better, maybe.
Let's see what's the competition is doing. Am I taking ABOUT genre, ripping off Dioblo no. I'm talking about GAMING. What are the best type of games out there? Pvp multiplayer, why am I tailoring all my budget effort into pve casuals...
"Because I'm too scared to compete with my linear competition, Blizzerd. Who not only made one of the best mmos, but made Overwatch currently the second most popular game on twitch."
-No, your already competing. Console players get spammed custom tailored advertisements of other games every time they connect online to play. That, and you made battlegrounds...
"Well what's wrong with it?" -I think you made a game, stuck to the industry term "live action;" And failed to discover that you'd want to switch to a more congruent quick-action. As all those nerf's to dps made combat slow...
Some of these scrub L33T players use the word skill to subtract from the fact they had to take this game up as a second job inorder to be competitive in combat. I known this games combat system long enough to say that the needy player majority doesn't take a win/loss based on skill, but on the amount of abstract hours of work they did or didn't put into a certain area of the game. Once they reach L33T gear status only then can they QQ about skill. Even then there's counters and cheese. But the skilled players are quick to adapt, and know well enough what's happening. These players may be the most durable player base but there definitely the smallest one.

Before anyone get's a bad idea I'm not saying abuse minorities. I suggesting get rid of the Dam/nerf wall, open the flood gates. You want players to be able to enter the game and be competitive, it's how you'll stimulate your markets to grow and expand, with a new dynamic player base. Strong low level players, Stronger mid level players, Fewer Happy and very strong high level players, don't nerf them.
While there is a handicap stats buff, it doesn't exist where it's need to be. Currently abused as a status known as a Battle-leveled-charater, max CPs take below lvl 50 charaters and turn them into super saiyajin 720+. Everyone else doesn't need it there questing for the first time. Listing to that story and quest-line you spent so much time working on part of your pvp team is to ignorant to talk about it. Gaining and learning about skills and buffs. I personally waited till I was a Veteran. To find out later I entered Pvp at the worse level I could have picked. Rather then use a handicap system that goes off below level 50, which abuses pvp players that tried to enter the game as correctly as they could. Go off a CP-0 system that can protect players up to CP-400. By then they'll have done the dungeon learned the game and customized there sets to be competitive. If not woe is them. level 50s aka. CP1s don't even have skill lines, points, or gear. Let alone the social immersion of an mmo to even consider pvp. The whole path so far has been 1 on 1 NPC. They need assistance from you not members of the community because there probably going to suck no matter what we tell them. Then you'd nerf me for there sake and we all suck. And I'd go back to worrying about myself like a selfish capitalist in a video game. As a end game player I should be able to feel strong. Not say to myself or them it doesn't really matter what, the zergs going to kill you any ways just siege and hope it works out. Why because this is a progression video game. Want to know how strong I was in Skyrim, Overwatch, Fortnite, and Call o Duty... I one shot people.
Now I wrote up a concept that should make it safer to implement this kind of combat.
Hope @lordrichter or someone seen it. Get back to me if you want to tweak and implement it.
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adaptation this patch is every class regardless of spec running purge in that case I guess.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... trying to decide between Ranch or Ceasar dressing for that Word Salad.

Seriously dude... it seems like you've got some good points, but I couldn't make it past the first paragraph break(which was many sentences longer than it should be) before my head started spinning and I gave up.

1. Grammar is your friend, not your enemy. It makes your post easy to read and inviting. You'll reach a wider audience.
    2. Don't question-talk. Just don't. It's not only overly verbose in written form, it also never comes off as anything but haughty, egotistical pontificating. Seriously, just don't do it.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+