The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My girlfriend has problems with addons. (Solved)

Kalgert
Kalgert
✭✭✭✭✭
I will keep this brief, because I don't want to pile on unnecessary details.

So my girlfriend has a problem with the game, where she puts addons in to the addon folder, but then when she wants ot see them in the game, they frankly do not appear. She said that this is a well-known bug that has been going on for a long time now.

So, Zenimax Online Dollarsign, how about you stop cramming needless amounts of Crown Store knick-knacks and tell me what's going on with that? Because I thought linking her to a minimap addon would help her navigate chaotic battlegrounds, but we can't even get to the testing phase because of this bug.

(I will admit the jab at Zenimax was a little unprecidented, but... A bit late to edit it out, so I will instead thank @ZOS_BillE for answering the thread)

Anyone know of any possible solutions? Because she tried reinstalling but it still is present.
Edited by Kalgert on May 31, 2018 5:49PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, hello, I see that the thread has been moved in to Technical Support.

I wonder if anyone will look here, or will this thread in a sense just be forgotten... Hmmmmm.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kalgert

Is Microsoft One Drive enabled on your girlfriend's PC?

If so, this can alter the file path where the add-ons need to be stored. For this you would need to move your add-ons to the correct Documents folder. You should also check and make sure your add-ons have not been placed under an additional folder in the default path, as this can prevent them from working.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, she does not have One Drive active.

And she goes in to the folder where she has to: Documents - Elder Scrolls Online - Live - Addons. Where else could the directory path be?

The additional problem is that she didn't have the launcher shortcut appear, so she had to pin the game startup on the task bar. Is that something that could be causing problems, or is there something else wrong?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    No, she does not have One Drive active.

And she goes in to the folder where she has to: Documents - Elder Scrolls Online - Live - Addons. Where else could the directory path be?

The additional problem is that she didn't have the launcher shortcut appear, so she had to pin the game startup on the task bar. Is that something that could be causing problems, or is there something else wrong?

Did she use Minion to download the addons? If not download that app and try top download on of the addons she wants via that utility. It places it in the right place in the right manner.

Edit: and see, someone saw your thread.
    Edited by idk on May 31, 2018 3:28PM
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    If she's installing them manually, make sure they are unzipped and only one folder down in the Addons folder. Like

Addons/Minimap and not Addons/Minimap/Minimap

I second the advice to install Minion and use that, as it's really useful for keeping track of your Addons and keeping them up to date, and it can help to avoid user error when installing Addons.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to treat the people who you are trying to get help from like crap, OP.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading the comments, she found the comments provided very helpful, and has decided to give this Minion a try, hopefully it will solve the addon problems.

From both me, and my girlfriend, we express thanks
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Way to treat the people who you are trying to get help from like crap, OP.

Not you though.