Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

main quest can’t finish

Sophocles1
Sophocles1
✭✭✭
Main quest Protect the ancestral crypt Is bugged, no matter what I do, I kill all the mobs, the NPC’s tell me to go home, but the question still says protect the ancestral crypt. I logged out I start over, nothing works. I don’t want to lose everything in the main quest by being stuck here. Help?
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Duplicated thread has been duplicated.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416244/main-quest-can-t-finish#latest

For help please see this.
  • Sophocles1
    Sophocles1
    ✭✭✭
    That page doesn’t really help, because the bug I’m talking about doesn’t seem to be addressed. I am infinitely killing, it just start over and over and over again. Has anyone figured out how to get past this?
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Sophocles1 wrote: »
    That page doesn’t really help, because the bug I’m talking about doesn’t seem to be addressed. I am infinitely killing, it just start over and over and over again. Has anyone figured out how to get past this?

What part of the quest are you stuck in when it comes to the page I linked? Its been a while since I've done this.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a portal at the top of the stairs after they tell you to go home? If so, enter it. Should take you back to the harborage. If it is not appearing, then it could be a new bug that has been introduced.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Sophocles1
    Sophocles1
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm
    Seems new bug
    Thanks tho!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try abandoning the quest via the quest journal, then turn off the game and log on again, then re-acquire the quest and start again.
    You might get the same bug, but maybe not.
  • Sophocles1
    Sophocles1
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • KalkiW
    KalkiW
    Soul Shriven
    This is the Main Quest. I have the exact same issue, but I am not able to abandon this quest! No “X”.
  • KalkiW
    KalkiW
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a portal at the top of the stairs after they tell you to go home? If so, enter it. Should take you back to the harborage. If it is not appearing, then it could be a new bug that has been introduced.

There is no portal back to the Harborage. Just a black diamond tagged with names of other quests, but no way to access.
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if that the problem, but remember that the Main Quest is divided in two. One for the Harborage and another in Coldharbor. Before heading the to the last one, you must finish the questline of the other.

Council of the Five Companions and The Final Assault must be completed in order for God of Schemes to follow-up. What exactly quest you are? I finished the Main quest like a couple of weeks ago.