Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

moved

DoctorESO
DoctorESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
moved
Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:45PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:46PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IRL? And we only choose from the player homes? The Alinor Crest Townhouse, hands down!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 9:46PM
  • Lakhitia
    Lakhitia
    ✭✭✭
    As a primary residence, definitely Alinor Crest Townhouse. It is spacious, beautiful, like @DoctorESO has said - it has a pleasant layout. I can easily see it being adequate for various purposes - in the PTS I decorated it as an academy, but it could just as well be used as a family home. The location is excellent, since it's conveniently situated in a beautiful town on what is, in my opinion, the most stunning island (or zone) in-game. Heaps of culture around, fine ancient ruins to explore (something I'd very much enjoy doing IRL) and a really pleasant climate. And, of course, that terrace alone is worth the purchase, I could easily spend myself spending my mornings and evenings up there, relaxing, reading, having a nice meal or a glass of wine with friends.
    The only quibble I have with the house are the rooms on the ground floor and the lack of any natural lighting there. But, hey, you can't have it all now.

As a summer getaway I'd certainly pick Autumn's Gate. If Summerset is stunning, The Rift is a little less flamboyant, but a whole lot pleasant and probably my favourite zone. Autumn is when I feel most at home and just generally happy, so there is nothing I like better than taking a stroll under the yellow trees amidst the mountains. The location of the house itself is really exquisit - the views are just spectacular. And the property itself is beyond nice, I love the little park you can set up for yourself. The inside of the house is much bigger than I'd expected; you can easily have two floors (or a gallery). It has that charming cosy feeling that just invites you to pull up an armchair in front of the fireplace after a long day of adventuring and not worry about a thing in the world.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can I say what hasn't already been said about the Alinor Crest Townhouse?

The architecture is absolutely beautiful! And it's size is perfect.

Both the stone and wooden floors are lovely, and very suitable for someone who suffers from allergies.
    I love the rooms on the first floor, with their height, and big windows, and the wooden Gothic paneling is also gorgeous.

I adore the little attic, where you still have a view on the rooms of the first floor.

It comes with a terrace instead of a garden, which suits someone who has problems keeping anything green alive. And the terrace has a view over the magnificent city of Alinor is divine. Which brings me to location...

It's located within the city, close to a wayshrine, a banker, crafting stations, traders and merchants.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gardner's. I'm a town guy. And Hunding's for summer holidays :smile:
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings. It has everything, and especially the beach location and the roof terraces.

Always been my favourite from the very beginning :):)

Oh OK then. If I have to choose a town house as well, then Gardners because it has plenty of room over three floors, and it's....cosy. But I do like the Alinor terrace.

By the way @DoctorESO nice thread!

Edited by Aurie on May 28, 2018 3:20PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grotto ship so I can travel and there’s always work with a ship. Transporting, trade, Privateering
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the inns because I'm sure the rent would be insane anywhere else.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could afford it, Alinor Crest Townhouse. Otherwise, Captain Margaux's Place. I'd love to be in a big city with - yes, guards - and close to the conveniences of shops/banks/taverns/transportation etc.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a 1 room Underground house that has a hidden entrance for us rogue stealth thief types.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the one I have in game, Autumn’s Rest in Riften. Reasonably close to a small outpost and wayshrine. It’s got a nice yard with a really good sized wall/thick door to keep creatures/people out. The inside is roomy enough, but maybe a bit cramped for two. It seems cool but not too cold there and definitely not too hot, that would minimize disease carrying insects and such but also not risk succumbing to really cold winters. Probably a decent growing season. Close to a river and forests so I’m assuming good sources of hunting/fishing.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's. If you could just fish from that beach.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Strident Springs. I think the house is beautiful and you have tons of outdoor space.
    PC NA
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    The Grotto because One Eyed Willy.
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    All things considered, if you had to pick a player home to live in for real, which would you choose?

I think choice # 1 would be the new Alinor Townhouse.. it's so nice and I love the layout, and it's light and bright.

My second choice would probably be the Gardner house... I own that one and really like how I set it up, and created rooms.

Oh and I can't wait for the Grotto ship to be available.. Yesssss
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alinor Townhouse is my favourite home interior, but I'm not sure I would choose it for a real life home, because it doesn't have a proper garden and the location is a little too busy for my liking. Princely Dawnlight is beautiful, and by the sea too, but it is too big for me.... It would have been Cliffshade, if it had a garden, but it does not so I would probably go for Linchal Grand Manor, or maybe even Strident Springs, I do love that waterfall! :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on May 29, 2018 9:20PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ravenhurst cause it isn't in a city and the climate isn't super hot or super cold. And it's not too big either.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erstwhile, because I adore secluded and obscured caves and cave-dwellings.
    My second choice would be Daggerfall.