Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not able to pop potions while doing trials or dungeons.

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't use these Essence of Magicka potions while I'm in trials for dungeons it's like a lock when you're doing normal but I can go in Tamriel I can use them is this truly a bug or trying to stop people from using potions on normal Dungeons and Trials.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I can't use these Essence of Magicka potions while I'm in trials for dungeons it's like a lock when you're doing normal but I can go in Tamriel I can use them is this truly a bug or trying to stop people from using potions on normal Dungeons and Trials.
    On which platform and megaserver do you play TESO? ZOS and other forum members often ignore bug reports that do not follow the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum.

You are aware, of course, that using a potion starts a cooldown that lasts 45 seconds (unless the cooldown is modified by an enchantment or other buff).

All of my characters have always been able to use potions in all delves and in public dungeons, regardless of their location. They have also been able to use potions in all 4-player dungeons in the past. On the face of it, there is no reason for ZOS to limit the use of potions in any dungeons or in Trials. I do not recall reading any disclosure of limitations for using potions, in any of the past Patch Notes that were issued for Updates.

However, none of my characters has been in a 4-player dungeon group (e.g., an Undaunted daily dungeon) since the release of either Morrowind or of Summerset and Update 18. So I cannot say whether the game now has yet another bug.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Kazuya12
    Kazuya12
    Soul Shriven
    I am also facing this issue since summerset update. I can use spell power pots, health pots and stam pots just fine but cant use "Essence of magicka" pots. Hopefully it will get resolved in upcoming maintenance. I am on PC EU.
    Edited by Kazuya12 on May 28, 2018 4:18AM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA PC
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue since Summerset. But only on my Templar character.

I have tried using them on my DK + NB, and both work just fine on those.

I have tried all the usual workarounds but still no luck. Reported it to ZOS over the weekend.

Also just to note:
    Crafted Magicka potions do work, but not the looted common ones.
    Making playing a little heavy on the alchemy mats just now.