The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden healer skll line needs compelte revamp

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Doesn’t need a total overhaul imo. It’s pretty creative and a very nice skill line. The issue is that it restricts itself far too much.

Example:
    • Lotus Flower (+morphs) currently only heals yourself OR an ally. I look at Surge on my Sorcerer as an absolutely superior skill. Lotus Flower should heal you and an ally (or even two allies for a lesser amount) to really be worth it. This would not only help Warden survivability, but make them a bit more valuable in raids. Atm this skill sees very little use in PvE.
    • Enchanted Growth should have its cost reduced. I never see even Warden Healers use this because the buffs it provides aren’t so strong, yet the cost is high. Therefore it needs to have its cost reduced (currently too high) and maybe even get a small HoT. Increasing the cone size would help too.
    • Healing Seed (+morphs) is kind of pathetic in PvE because it is a one-time, delayed heal. I rarely ever see Warden Healers bother with it. They might as well cast a Healing Springs instead of Healing Seed. If this skill had a HoT (not even a strong one) or grantee Minor Vitality to all allies in the circle it would be perfect, and also add a purge to the synergy effect.
    • Emerald Moss should be stronger. Lackluster passive. Maybe gives the 1%/2% healing for any heal skill slotted instead of only Green Balance skills.
    • Maturation provides a redundant buff. Would be nice if it gave something more useful (a long-time complaint of Wardens)

The actual skills themselves are cool. They just don’t do enough which is why (like you said) Warden Healers barely slot their class healing skills.

In surprised there isn't more love for Budding Seeds. Massive heal with a pretty big radius, plus a very strong synergy. The cost is crazy cheap. My only beef with it has been that 5% of the time it doesn't land because of the ground geometry or it just plain doesn't heal on activation. I'm assuming the missed heal is because of an elevation difference? Or just bugged.

It's probably worth noting that I haven't done trials yet. I get if the cast then activate mechanics are too slow or clunky for a fast paced rotation.

The missing heal is due to a bug. This happens both when you activate it (Budding Seeds only) or wait the full duration for a heal. I read it’s fixed in the Summerset patch notes but haven’t tested yet to check since I’m on console.

Heals either need to be instant for the burst, or a HoT. A delayed burst heal is not good enough in trials.

The problem is that it’s one heal AND delayed. Take a mechanic like Zhaj’hassa shield phase, Assembly General Execute, Rakkhat popcorn projectile Dmg, Warrior skyfall/shehai, etc... you need the Healers to spam Healing Springs because:
    1. You get an initial heal
    2. You get the HoT

The combination of these keeps you healed mainly because of the HoT.

Healing Seed does nothing until 6 seconds later. What if players move? What if in that instant, everyone is full health and the Dmg they receive during a mechanic occurs like 0.2sec later? You can’t tell what will happen after six seconds. Also the Budding Seeds morph means you waste two global cooldowns on a single heal..... if you casted Springs you’d get six heals with the HoT.

This skill really needs to become an essentially stronger version of Healing Springs but with that 6sec restriction ofc. Give Healing Seed a small HoT, Minor Vitality to allies in the circle, and add purify to the synergy. At least two of these buffs need to happen.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 26, 2018 8:01PM
  • StoicSunbro
    StoicSunbro
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn’t need a total overhaul imo. It’s pretty creative and a very nice skill line. The issue is that it restricts itself far too much.

Example:
    • Lotus Flower (+morphs) currently only heals yourself OR an ally. I look at Surge on my Sorcerer as an absolutely superior skill. Lotus Flower should heal you and an ally (or even two allies for a lesser amount) to really be worth it. This would not only help Warden survivability, but make them a bit more valuable in raids. Atm this skill sees very little use in PvE.
    • Enchanted Growth should have its cost reduced. I never see even Warden Healers use this because the buffs it provides aren’t so strong, yet the cost is high. Therefore it needs to have its cost reduced (currently too high) and maybe even get a small HoT. Increasing the cone size would help too.
    • Healing Seed (+morphs) is kind of pathetic in PvE because it is a one-time, delayed heal. I rarely ever see Warden Healers bother with it. They might as well cast a Healing Springs instead of Healing Seed. If this skill had a HoT (not even a strong one) or grantee Minor Vitality to all allies in the circle it would be perfect, and also add a purge to the synergy effect.
    • Emerald Moss should be stronger. Lackluster passive. Maybe gives the 1%/2% healing for any heal skill slotted instead of only Green Balance skills.
    • Maturation provides a redundant buff. Would be nice if it gave something more useful (a long-time complaint of Wardens)

The actual skills themselves are cool. They just don’t do enough which is why (like you said) Warden Healers barely slot their class healing skills.

In surprised there isn't more love for Budding Seeds. Massive heal with a pretty big radius, plus a very strong synergy. The cost is crazy cheap. My only beef with it has been that 5% of the time it doesn't land because of the ground geometry or it just plain doesn't heal on activation. I'm assuming the missed heal is because of an elevation difference? Or just bugged.

It's probably worth noting that I haven't done trials yet. I get if the cast then activate mechanics are too slow or clunky for a fast paced rotation.

The missing heal is due to a bug. This happens both when you activate it (Budding Seeds only) or wait the full duration for a heal. I read it’s fixed in the Summerset patch notes but haven’t tested yet to check since I’m on console.

Heals either need to be instant for the burst, or a HoT. A delayed burst heal is not good enough in trials.

The problem is that it’s one heal AND delayed. Take a mechanic like Zhaj’hassa shield phase, Assembly General Execute, Rakkhat popcorn projectile Dmg, Warrior skyfall/shehai, etc... you need the Healers to spam Healing Springs because:
    1. You get an initial heal
    2. You get the HoT

The combination of these keeps you healed mainly because of the HoT.

Healing Seed does nothing until 6 seconds later. What if players move? What if in that instant, everyone is full health and the Dmg they receive during a mechanic occurs like 0.2sec later? You can’t tell what will happen after six seconds. Also the Budding Seeds morph means you waste two global cooldowns on a single heal..... if you casted Springs you’d get six heals with the HoT.

This skill really needs to become an essentially stronger version of Healing Springs but with that 6sec restriction ofc. Give Healing Seed a small HoT, Minor Vitality to allies in the circle, and add purify to the synergy. At least two of these buffs need to happen.

I agree with the first few points about delayed AOE burst heal just doesn't work out in practice. Allies have to be in the effect at the end. A HoT will overheal less, proc Nature's Gift more, and proc item sets (SPC, Bogdan, Rkugamz, etc) more, and be overall far more reliable.

A Healing Springs alternative is an interesting idea, but I'd prefer a longer HoT more like Cleansing Ritual or Cinder Storm. More/longer HoTs means more chances to proc item sets. I do like the Minor Vitality idea, though.

I posted above a gradual Zaan-like AOE HoT would be novel. The triggered burst heal from Budding Seeds should remain, as it is occasionally useful for healing certain burst damage mechanics or a panic heal. I'd prefer that morph last longer though, at least 12 seconds.
    Edited by StoicSunbro on May 27, 2018 12:04AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeching Vines would be quite useful for tanks if it was self cast and lasted longer.
    I'd prefer the base skill AOE heal (7m) to actually scale for groups, but that may be too much with the morph suggestions.

Lotus seems designed for DPS, but others steal the heal. It should heal you, the bear, and one ally. Sadly Mend Wounds does not proc this skill.

@StoicSunbro Absolutely not, both of these ideas would completely screw over Wardens.
    - Leeching Vines is HIGHLY useful to tanks, BECAUSE it goes on others. It is the only reliable, high up-time, source of procing Nature's Gift. Half of the Warden Tanks stamina return while blocking.
    - Lotus, the best choice for the DPS Warden to proc the same Nature's Gift passive, which is far more useful. Since solo you will get the heal, and in groups, the Healer will cover your health, while you worry about keeping the DPS up.

I think you missed the intent. Neither of these changes would remove the proccing Nature's Gift, and I'm well aware of that passives importance.

My leeching vines suggestion would stay on the caster for 20-25 seconds. The nice thing about it only applying to the caster/tank is since the tank is the one aggro'ing everything it more reliably spreads lifesteal to the enemies damaging the tank. It gives a nice self-heal over time as well. It would still proc Nature's gift, but the extended duration would make it more efficient to use. Right now it's 10s, and Nature's gift gives 250 resources per heal. If it procs every second, which it sometimes doesn't, you only get 2500 resources back; The skill costs 2700 magicka. It could be a bit longer so you're using less magicka.

I don't understand why you're against Lotus being buffed to heal up to three targets simultaneously instead of one somewhat random target. In solo content like VMA, lotus can heal the bear instead of you, which can be problematic.

Leeching
    - The Life Steal from Leeching does not proc Nature's Gift.
    - Nature's Gift only works when you heal an ALLY. So if Leeching stays on the tank, than there are zero procs of Nature's Gift.
    - Leeching on a Tank is not about getting as much magic back as it cost you to cast it. Its about getting 250 stamina per second while blocking. (Yes it procs for your lowest pool, so only stamina when its low, but then I only am worried about my stamina when its low)

Lotus
    - What happens when you dont run the Bear? Does it heal 2 ally?
    - If it did 3 heals at its current value it would be OP, if they nerf the value it would be useless for anything besides the Nature's Gift proc
    - You should be able to heal the Bear more reliably. Though I would say make it so I can target it with Nature's Grasp.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I invite you all to discuss your concerns on the healer discord.

https://discord.gg/TVpgmuj

• RazerKlang
    Just dont forget the ultimate from support
    Edited by RazerKlang on May 27, 2018 8:45AM
    CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
    "And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • RazerKlang
    CP400+Xbox - NA- (Kahjiit) NightBlade (Red Guard) Templar (Wood Elf) Warden
    "And by the nine we got bottomless legendary gem"
    Templar
    Wørden
    KnightTemplar
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a real HoTs based healer..i don't think it would be difficult...plenty of mmos have them

We already have one, its called the NB healer. Try again.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only it was the healer tree that was wrong with the warden...
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    I would like to see a real HoTs based healer..i don't think it would be difficult...plenty of mmos have them

Templar currently is both the best HOT and direct healer.
    He has the best support, the most amount of HOT effects and the best smart-targeted burst healing.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

He has the best support, the most amount of HOT effects and the best smart-targeted burst healing.

You are unqualified in discussing the subject with statements like this. Sorry.
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Show me please a top tier HM group running a NB healer lol
    Edited by efduncanub17_ESO on May 28, 2018 1:08AM