The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Just bought the game What class should i make

FFJosh22b14a_ESO
Just bought the game at work trying to figure out what class to play Whats doing good right now I wanna focus on PVP and maybe some PVE so whats a good strong pvp class
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boy, this is a can of worms.

Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on May 27, 2018 3:22AM
  • tannips
    tannips
    ✭✭✭
    If you wanna be good at both pvp and pve with this toon then I'd say go mag nightblade.
    PC | NA
    REGICIDE Guildmaster
    #StamWhip
    YouTube
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to give an idea of your playstyle.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar. Healer or try DPS.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve you can honestly pick any class and be ok.

If you wanna pvp its really up to you, I would try them all and decide while your low level what you like best, watching youtube and stuff can help you see the styles the class is played in. You can be a Badass or noob on any of them, some are just easier then others by a large margin.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game. Picking a class can be tough. Players can have strong preferences...which means they’ve done a good job creating distinct classes.

My first recommendation is to try a couple of classes early on. You get eight slots, so why not create a couple of characters as you learn the game? You might discover your third choice class is really your favorite. Just remember that in a character’s life up to level 15, they’re not going to have access to their strongest abilities, so some classes might offer just an idea of how they play.

But I’ll suggest three possible starter classes and how they play.

Magic Templar

This plays as a melee in your face magic knight with a toolbox full of heals and buffs. They’re fun, and have extremely high survivability because their core skill returns a LOT of health. Because they have such good heals, they make a good starter class. You can mess up a lot as you learn without dying over and over.

Stam Sorc

This is a really fun, really powerful class that I love for PvE. It’s a bit counterintuitive as a starter class because you might assume it’s hard to learn a sorc as a stamina character. Actually, what happens is that you only have 3-5 class skills that you use as a stam sorc, then You rely heavily on weapon skills. So there are fewer options, and that can make them easier to learn. And the skills they get are really good.

Nightblade

Stamina or magic, this is my personal favorite class. But make no mistake...it’s a challenge. Probably the hardest to learn. You get the benefit of stealth and massive dps, but at the cost of being super squishy. But what I always say (whether accurate or not, lol) is that if you learn a nightblade, you’re forced to really, really learn the game. As a decent nightblade player when I started creating other characters, I felt is as able to walk into any of them and do well. Players who are used to crutches like the templar’s heals can feel utterly thrashed if they move into a nightblade or mag sorc.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately magplar, then when you try new classes things will just get better and better.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a stamblade. I just started leveling a stamwarden and I must say heavy armour stamwarden is much more forgiving. Shes only doing under 50 battlegrounds right now, and I dont even have vigor yet and it feels significantly easier than my stamblade. Im pretty new and am not familiar with all classes and have a hard time predicting what an opponent is going to do next. So I may not roll dodge when I need to. Stamblade takes so much damage that I have to not make many mistakes or I will be dead.
    I feel like I can learn to observe and learn from other players easier on my stamwarden since I can get away with quite a few misakes.
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing beats Argonians in PVP

And you can go both stamina and magicka with them.

Be a Lizzard!
    Edited by TheMystid on May 27, 2018 7:16PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian is a great all around race. Magblade is great, mag dk is great, magplar is good in both pve and pvp. Stamina warden is good in pvp.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc or Stam Sorc for the best PvE/PvP crossover imo. Stamina/Magicka NB as well if that’s your style. But NBs can feel really squishy in PvP if you don’t know what you’re doing .
    Edited by Vapirko on May 29, 2018 4:33PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a stamblade. I just started leveling a stamwarden and I must say heavy armour stamwarden is much more forgiving. Shes only doing under 50 battlegrounds right now, and I dont even have vigor yet and it feels significantly easier than my stamblade. Im pretty new and am not familiar with all classes and have a hard time predicting what an opponent is going to do next. So I may not roll dodge when I need to. Stamblade takes so much damage that I have to not make many mistakes or I will be dead.
    I feel like I can learn to observe and learn from other players easier on my stamwarden since I can get away with quite a few misakes.

Stam wardens are forgiving but don’t forget that level scaling is crazy strong. It’s easy to feel great about your class in under 50 bgs.
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    The most important things to know about eso pvp for starters :

Most mmorpg have a best class and/or best class of the month, Eso does not.
    Don't expect to do well before 400 CP Or before you've messed with and farmed some sets.
    The building is more like an arpg and sets alter your entire build.
    If you don't give up and polish a build for your own playstyle it's the best pvp rpg out there...
    That's when it works, It's also one of the buggiest laggiest mmos out there.
    Edited by Vencenzo on May 30, 2018 3:18PM
  • black_celebration
    black_celebration
    ✭✭✭
    Every class which you want. Here's a balance between classes in PvP, fortunately.
    let's have a black celebration
    tonight
    to celebrate the fact
    that we've seen the back
    of another black
    day