The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Magden and aoe's (pve)

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, have been told/heard/etc. that Magden lacks in the aoe department for pve. We have Winters Revenge and out Util, if that even counts and of course Dest staff Blockade. But what about the little bugs? The fecthers….is the spread damage from the morph any good and if so good enough to warrant use as a viable AOE? Or do things dies to quick to even bother? In what little and limited testing I did it does spread instantly, which is not what the tooltip says but a better action imo…..but any "pro" or serious testers/players have any input to this skill? Is it just not worth it or not needed? I ask only because I am always looking for little ways to improve my toon, that's all. And if a little extra splash damage can be achieved then I reckon its ok, no? Correct me if I am way off. ;)

Cheers all!!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage on Growing Swarm sticks to one target - same as Swarm and Fetcher Infection.
    The morph effect makes it so this effect spreads to up to six nearby targets if:
    1. The target dies
    2. The duration ends

It also heals you when the DoTs duration ends or the target dies too, thanks to the Bond with Nature passive.

The reason no one use it is because Single Target Damage is the highest priority. There is enough AoE Damage already to kill everything super fast in all content atm. Especially for a class like Warden which is lackluster as DPS, they can’t afford to lose Single Target Damage by picking Growing Swarm instead of Fletcher Infection.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    The damage on Growing Swarm sticks to one target - same as Swarm and Fetcher Infection.
    The morph effect makes it so this effect spreads to up to six nearby targets if:
    1. The target dies
    2. The duration ends

It also heals you when the DoTs duration ends or the target dies too, thanks to the Bond with Nature passive.

The reason no one use it is because Single Target Damage is the highest priority. There is enough AoE Damage already to kill everything super fast in all content atm. Especially for a class like Warden which is lackluster as DPS, they can’t afford to lose Single Target Damage by picking Growing Swarm instead of Fletcher Infection.

Thanks for that! Was wondering if it something to do with needing more single damage and all. Cheers!