Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are museum items for?

Eeri_Ravencaw
Eeri_Ravencaw
✭✭✭
I got a couple of museum items that are zero value. I can do nothing with it except destroy.

Best Answers

• M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them to the curator in the House of Orsimer Glories in Orsinium.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
    Answer ✓
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sort of. You either speak with the NPC or read a note that sends you to the NPC to start a quest to retrieve one particular piece. Then you're given an unmarked open task to fill the remainder of the museum.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Summerset quest (there is also an Orsinium quest as well). DON'T DESTROY THEM! If you get all 20 (in Summerset), you'll get an awesome fan furnishing that'll turn you into a monkey, plus the relic collections quest is needed to get a larger Summerset achievement that will get you a blue dye and a title. You get the museum quest from the library inside the college on Artaeum. You have to do some of the main Summerset quest-line to get to Artaeum.

There is also a similar quest in Orsinium/Wrothgar that you get from the museum in Orsinium.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 27, 2018 6:29AM
    Answer ✓
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    Give them to the curator in the House of Orsimer Glories in Orsinium.

Thanks, is that a quest?
  • WhySoSerious
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It's a Summerset quest (there is also an Orsinium quest as well). DON'T DESTROY THEM! If you get all 20 (in Summerset), you'll get an awesome fan furnishing that'll turn you into a monkey, plus the relic collections quest is needed to get a larger Summerset achievement that will get you a blue dye and a title. You get the museum quest from the library inside the college on Artaeum. You have to do some of the main Summerset quest-line to get to Artaeum.

There is also a similar quest in Orsinium/Wrothgar that you get from the museum in Orsinium.

Why can't you destroy them once found? Can you at least place them somewhere to get them out of your inventory? If not, this seems like another attempt to clutter bag space to the max, in order to sell bag space upgrades, with items that should simply go under the QUEST tab and not into our inventory.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can't you destroy them once found? Can you at least place them somewhere to get them out of your inventory? If not, this seems like another attempt to clutter bag space to the max, in order to sell bag space upgrades, with items that should simply go under the QUEST tab and not into our inventory.

IIRC, I was able to destroy one of the Summerset items I picked up on a character I was too lazy to go to Artaeum with.

But if its bothering you, why wouldn't you just go to Artaeum or Orsinium and drop the item off with the questgiver?

If its a nefarious plan to sell bag upgrades, ZOS needs a new evil mastermind, Because that's rather easy to foil.

(Also, thread necromancy.)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can deliver them to museum as you find them. Just test all the placement positions and item will be moved.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Clanbrassil
    Clanbrassil
    ✭✭✭
    What about those calendar tablets in Murkmire? Is there someone you can give those to?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those calendar tablets in Murkmire? Is there someone you can give those to?

For Chronic Chronologer?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chronic_Chronologer

You put the tablet into the floor calendar at the monument, though you have to do a quest first.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't the Precursor parts marked that way too? Anyhow, there are several collection quests, so if the value is zero, it's very likely one of the pieces for those.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

IIRC, I was able to destroy one of the Summerset items I picked up on a character I was too lazy to go to Artaeum with.

But if its bothering you, why wouldn't you just go to Artaeum or Orsinium and drop the item off with the questgiver?

If its a nefarious plan to sell bag upgrades, ZOS needs a new evil mastermind, Because that's rather easy to foil.

(Also, thread necromancy.)

I think that the post by @SydneyGrey was a recommendation not to destroy them, not saying that it's impossible.
    These items can't go under the quest tab because most of them don't require a quest to pick them up. There is often a starting quest with maybe one of the items, and sometimes a wrapup quest, but I think the design intent is that you pick these up spontaneously while doing other exploration and quests in the zone.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a museum quest for the Thieves Guild DLC. I just kept them in my bank until I picked up the starting quest. After that I used the Unearned Achievements in the quest journal to keep track of what I had left to find.