The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Pickable loot in the world (new to ESO)

Zeatrix
Zeatrix
Soul Shriven
Hi! I'm new to this game, and I was wondering how loot works. The first few hours I played, there was a lot of items to pick up in various places - my bagpack quickly got full! Some were found directly on the ground (mostly weapons), and others were found in containers. The game seems immensely full of lootable containers compared to other MMOs, and I'm wondering if it's necessary to check everything, in case I don't want to miss out on something important?

I really enjoy the game, but it feels tiresome if I need to thoroughly check the environment for containers and potential loot.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of loot to pick up. Most of its useless.

Here's some common lootable items:
    Weapons and armor lying around: mostly useless unless you need to replace your weapon or armor piece.
    Quest reward: weapons, armor, and jewelry is useful if you need to equip it, research the trait, or deconstruct it for crafting exp.
    Bags, Sacks, and Barrels: often contain provisioning ingredients. Unless you have the bag space for these, they are cheap enough I find it easier to buy them when needed.
    Backpacks: loot the backpacks. They often drop lockpicks and crafting style mats, but also have a chance to drop certain motifs, recipes, and blue or purple furnishing plans.
    Chests: loot the treasure chests for a variety of useful stuff and gold. Most of the gear is good to equip, research, deconstruct, sell to vendors, or if its a desireable set in a good set, sell to other players.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest a change.

There is a lot of loot to pick up. Most of it is just stuff you vendor for gold or decon to level up your crafting.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I would suggest a change.

There is a lot of loot to pick up. Most of it is just stuff you vendor for gold or decon to level up your crafting.

Sure, whatever. Given what I went on to explain, that's probably more accurate.
  • Zeatrix
    Zeatrix
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for backpacks and chests, unless I'm missing something specific. Does loot in this game respawn? Or is it once per character? As in, my character can only loot that specific chest/backpack/barrel once.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Also don't forget that gear you loot is leveled at your current level as well so you'll have to contantly keep replacing it until you reach CP160
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeatrix wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for backpacks and chests, unless I'm missing something specific. Does loot in this game respawn? Or is it once per character? As in, my character can only loot that specific chest/backpack/barrel once.
    Zeatrix wrote: »

Loot respawn over time.
  • Zeatrix
    Zeatrix
    Soul Shriven
    I see, thanks!