The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, The New House Is Really Beautiful...

Sevalaricgirl
Sevalaricgirl
✭✭✭✭✭
compliments to the designer. If I didn't already own 2, I would be tempted by it. Who am I kidding, I am tempted by it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...I really fell in love with it on PTS. I'm a Dunmer at heart and love all my Dunmer homes, but I'll definitely be getting this once console release hits.

Also, I was expecting it to be around the same price as Amaya Lake Lodge, but it's the same price as Mathiesen. So, it's 1300 crowns less than I was expecting to have to spend. I guess it makes sense that it's a lower price, since the big difference between the two is all the outdoor space that Amaya has.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here Jayne, in regards to loving the Dunmer home styles the best, but I'd have to say Alinor Crest Townhouse may be the "Best" designed house in the game in regards to layout and whatnot.

It's got imo the best floorplan of all the houses, 5 distinct bedrooms, lots of space and organized hallways and a perfectly sized outdoor area overlooking the city below. It actually feels like a house with proper rooms rather then the "Here's a couple wide open areas for an interior" most of the houses are. Just really well done.

And it's MUCH cheaper then I expected as well.

Personally I'm saving up my crowns in the hopes they release a Psijic Order style place on Artaeum but for those who love Alinor, it's perfect and quite the steal.
    Edited by Vehlir on May 23, 2018 12:38AM
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Alinor Crest Townhouse. I bought it as soon as I logged in Monday night. I own Mathiisen and Amaya Lake and I have to say the Townhouse is my favorite.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the new townhouse right away as well. Bought it furnished of course as there are so many new furniture items in it. If you add up the cost of those items individually, it's a real bargain.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the house too, just wish it has a cellar like some of the other houses of this type in Summerset :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    I love it too and was surprised by the price, for a change! Since there's no basement, I'm going to turn it into a museum/art gallery with a restaurant garden on the terrace. I just can't see cluttering it with work stations and it will give me a space to display my favorite objects and paintings/sculptures :)
  • ArchStanton48
    kimaeril wrote: »
    I love the Alinor Crest Townhouse. I bought it as soon as I logged in Monday night. I own Mathiisen and Amaya Lake and I have to say the Townhouse is my favorite.

Don't you have to have the title "Summerset Grand Adventurer" first? Or have you already completed that? I was wanting to buy it right away but then noticed that requirement.
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    I bought it with crowns so no achievement required. It was the first home I've purchased that way and like others have said, it was much cheaper than anticipated. I'd been saving for a very long time expecting it to cost much more so it was first thing I did in Summerset.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, kudos to the designer/s, the Alinor townhouse is just Really Stunningly Gorgeous. I do not need another virtual house in ESO, and certainly not for my main character, to whom this would go... but damn. It is SO beautiful. I'll probably break down and drop the crowns on it at some point. *sigh*
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't you have to have the title "Summerset Grand Adventurer" first? Or have you already completed that? I was wanting to buy it right away but then noticed that requirement.

I was about to make the same point.

One needs to complete 35 quests in Summerset to be granted the "Summerset Grand Adventurer" achievement. When I tried to buy the House - just after reaching Summerset - I was told it was not available for sale at that stage.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

One needs to complete 35 quests in Summerset to be granted the "Summerset Grand Adventurer" achievement. When I tried to buy the House - just after reaching Summerset - I was told it was not available for sale at that stage.

As already pointed out, you don't need to have the achievement if you purchase it with Crowns, which is what I plan to do once it hits consoles.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it too (crowns). My first house purchase. My new base of operations, will really enjoy decorating and customizing it now.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • ArchStanton48
    How is the house as far as convenience to town and amenities nearby? Is the wayshrine close? I was thinking about making this my new base of operations as well.
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it on day one, with crowns. For 7500 crowns furnished it's a bargain. First house I ever bought.

It's frikkin gorgeous. I couldn't believe it came so well adorned for such a great price.

Not too far from the wayshrine. Just down the stairs and around the corner.

Looking forward to putting some personal touches on it.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

33 Quests - but still. I'm hacking away at those quests, because it will be mine!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If talking about the townhouse, yes. Not buying another home though. lol
  • Elkinoo
    Elkinoo
    Soul Shriven
    That's so true, I love it!
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭

I know this was already answered, but I just wanted to say that I bought mine with crowns. I'm hoarding my gold for the Psijic motifs.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Same here Jayne, in regards to loving the Dunmer home styles the best, but I'd have to say Alinor Crest Townhouse may be the "Best" designed house in the game in regards to layout and whatnot.

It's got imo the best floorplan of all the houses, 5 distinct bedrooms, lots of space and organized hallways and a perfectly sized outdoor area overlooking the city below. It actually feels like a house with proper rooms rather then the "Here's a couple wide open areas for an interior" most of the houses are. Just really well done.

And it's MUCH cheaper then I expected as well.

Personally I'm saving up my crowns in the hopes they release a Psijic Order style place on Artaeum but for those who love Alinor, it's perfect and quite the steal.

I just took a more in-depth look at the house on PC, and while I am still very much in love with it and will definitely purchase it when it hits console, it's not quite as felicitous as I had thought. Yes, it does have distinct rooms, but several of them are of the giant variety, meaning you still have to section it off into usable spaces. There isn't a decent guest bedroom in the place, unless you want to use the small one just off the foyer.

The furnished version has two twin beds in the giant room on the second floor that leads out to the terrace. I guess I'll just have to add some more dividers to make it more private. The rest of the room is kinda weirdly decorated, and I don't know what I'd do with that space.

The master bedroom is quite nice, with the main room and then a loft above. You could potentially make the loft a guest bedroom, but then they'd be tromping through the master bedroom to get to it.

Even the downstairs large room is overly sized for a dining room, and they have sectioned off a part of it for a sitting area - there are lots of sitting areas in this house. The other large room on the first floor they've set up as a kitchen, which I think makes a nice grand kitchen befitting such a grand place.

I was amazed by all the details they added, like lots of plants in planters and even some jewelry boxes and other decorations from the new JC skill. There's still a lot I would need to do to the place but it's already arranged and appointed quite nicely. Unlike Amaya, which I had to totally redo the entire layout - they had the kitchen on the third floor!

ETA: Forgot to mention how much I like the textures of the floors, all the woodwork and marble. It's truly opulent!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 24, 2018 5:24PM
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 9 more quests to do in Summerset then i can buy Alinor Town House for in Game Gold, saved the last 2 weeks for it, its only a bit over 1 mil in game Gold, i bought my other 19 Inns and Homes all with in Game Gold :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown prices seem much lower across the board. That Alinor Fireplace, Ornate for 190 crowns... And I just started looking through the new stuff.

The stairs are also a decent price. Going to save me a bunch of slots.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 24, 2018 5:29PM
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is the house as far as convenience to town and amenities nearby? Is the wayshrine close? I was thinking about making this my new base of operations as well.

It's a great location. The terrace overlooks the Crafting Writs Area, and it's a 17 second ride by mount from door to crafting tables. The bank and wayshrine is a 12 seconds ride away. If you're daring you might try building a ramp up over the terrace and leaping down to the crafting area below, but not sure if there's an invisible wall on Live.

The placement of the house is phenomenal in my opinion, from the view to the convenience of it all. I plan on getting it asap, once I get my Grotto first. :-)
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is probably the most beautiful house in the game, but in my opinion and from my game experience (how I use my current house), it isn't the most useful one.

I really like a house with a big courtyard, that lets you add all kinds of large stuff... this house has a terrace, but not a very convenient one, because you have to climb a lot of stairs to get to it. I am sure most people would have preferred a courtyard of some sorts. Wouldn't you like a large courtyard to place a greenhouse?

Also rooms are nice, but since you cannot do much in a house, they will get old pretty quick and unused. If you care about item placement and want to have a house as realistic as possible, you won't place an anvil or a campfire in one of the elegant rooms. It does not have a basement for a workshop. You can place them on the terrace, but as I said it is harder to reach. The ideal house has to have a good balance between looks and convenience.

So I say it is an ideal secondary house, for trophies, artwork, maybe a wizards house with lots of books and lavish life style.

I really like the furnishings, especially the wooden furniture. They look so lifelike. I hope the devs were more generous with schematics this patch, because I will love to craft much of the new stuff we see.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 9 more quests to do in Summerset then i can buy Alinor Town House for in Game Gold, saved the last 2 weeks for it, its only a bit over 1 mil in game Gold, i bought my other 19 Inns and Homes all with in Game Gold :)

Nice for you but I've been playing the game since the beginning and I have never had that much gold.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know it had a terrace, lol. Just looked around more. It is extremely gorgeous but out of my price range (gold or crowns). I already own Mathiisen and Domus Phrasticus. I have Mathiisen set up with all my crafting tables but I could definitely see putting them on the terrace and putting bunches of plants everywhere.

I really wish they'd add a gothic home to the game. I'd buy that. My vampire would have a home. My AD mains, Riana the Bosmer and Jaime Snow the snow leopard khajiit live in Mathiisen where all the crafting tables are. My other girls are pretty much homeless since well vampire and werewolf. Come on ZOS, give me a gothic home that doesn't cost a mint in crowns to get it, preferably in the wilds of Rivenspire
    Edited by Sevalaricgirl on May 25, 2018 11:37AM
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »

33 Quests - but still. I'm hacking away at those quests, because it will be mine!

That sounds like me. I love the house and will buy it (with gold) when I have completed the quests; so far I am not even halfway there. The size of the house is good, the rooms are well proportioned and well laid out. To top it all, the location is very convenient for all facilities.

I want to complete the Psijic Order quest-line, before embarking on the Main Story, so it will be a while before I complete 35 Summerset quests. I just thought it would be rather cool to use Psijic skills whilst doing them.

Not to worry, there is a silver lining in every cloud. In the meantime I am working on Jewelry Crafting, doing the Summerset Dailies and learning the new Crafting Motifs that drop as rewards.

My Crafter has learnt the pattern for crafting the fireplace and will be in a position to carve one or two for the property.

Eventually, all good things will come to those who are patient and wait. o:)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA