Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Summereset beta testers get the Summerset upgrade software in normal game?

Rodgerwilco1
Rodgerwilco1
Soul Shriven
I'm sure it's been asked, though I haven't found it during a search, but do we as beta testers get the Summerset upgrade when it is released in June? Or are we going to have to buy it like everyone else? There has been much discussion on rewards etc. I'd like to hear a definitive answer.

Best Answers

• Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    If by Beta testing you mean the invite you gotten to try it out on the PTS before release.... that in itself is considered a bonus. You get to see it before everyone else, and don't have to pay for it to do so on the PTS. And in return ZoS gets some stress tests done, some bugs pointed out and feedback that might not be caught with just internal testing. That's all there is to it really. You do not get the chapter for free on top of that.

I got the invite as well but didn't use it as I wanted everything on live to be new to me when it came out. And nothing you do on the PTS transfers over.
    Answer ✓
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you'd have a smaller download thanks to having loaded a lot of the files already? Maybe? But you definitely have to pay for access like everyone else.
    Answer ✓
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Participation Trophy?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's live on PC server. I tested Summerset on PTS. I did not get Summerset on live.

I wasn't around for Morrowind, but that may have been the same deal (or no deal).
  • david_sgt83b14_ESO
    You have to buy Summerset, just like we did Morrowind. It isn't DLC, like Dark Brotherhood, etc., so if you didn't preorder it or buy it, no, you don't get to play it, until you do buy it, now.
    PC/NA
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to buy it, just like everyone else.
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    isn't Morrowind going to be part of the DLC soon though?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerkling wrote: »
    isn't Morrowind going to be part of the DLC soon though?

Yes, Morrowind will become a DLC, Battlegrounds become base game, and Wardens a separate upgrade available for Crowns.
  • totkioriub17_ESO
    totkioriub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You do not automatically receive the summerset expansion for beta testing if that's the question.