Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Change Wrecking blow & buff 2h passives

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With Summerset the changes to empower render wrecking blow useless especially when you consider the nerfs to 2 handers light/heavy attacks.
I suggest a new buff that takes the place of empower for wrecking blow or give it Major Berserk for 2-3 seconds after using the ability.

Regarding the buff to 2h passives, my reasoning(s) stem from what was stated in the first sentence. 2H has been unnecessarily nerfed this patch further rendering its PvE potential even more bleak & it's PvP potential, further handicapped.

I suggest doubling the affects of Heavy weapons so for example two handed swords will go to 10% up from 5% damage increased, two handed axes will go to 20k Bleed DoT up from 10k, & two handed mauls will go to 40% up from 20% (all up for debate but that's just my take).

I do also suggest changing the follow-up passive since Heavy attacks were nerfed yet again.
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree 2H could use a buff, your solution to buffing Wrecking Blow is awful. You have to realize Major Bersek gives you 25% percent more damage. That’s not a buff you can throw around willy nilly. A Wrecking Blow with that buff into a DBoS lined up with Shalks would be instant Death to anything but the tankiest opponents.
    Edited by wozborne on May 24, 2018 4:40AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wozborne wrote: »
    While I agree 2H could use a buff, your solution to buffing Wrecking Blow is awful. You have to realize Major Bersek gives you 25% percent more damage. That’s not a buff you can throw around willy nilly. A Wrecking Blow with that buff into a DBoS lined up with Shalks would be instant Death to anything but the tankiest opponents.

Yep, perspective is important.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a 20k bleed isn’t a good idea.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DrFail
    DrFail
    Also 40% pen is rediculous these are all way too high the passives are fine
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Agree, my werewolf bleed tooltip sits at around 21-25k (depending on build). Since you need an ultimate to utilize it, it´s balanced IMO. But buffing Heavy Weapons bleed to 20k over same duration is overkill deluxe.
    I suggest a new buff that takes the place of empower for wrecking blow or give it Major Berserk for 2-3 seconds after using the ability.
    ¨

Major berserk is an insanely good buff. There´re not many sources of it in the game, and the few sources you can achieve it from has a very short duration, and that´s for obvious reasons.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @wozborne
    Major Berserk is as you state gives 25% but like I stated you could give something similar that boosts damage from all sources by 20% e.g making a new buff. Major berserk's duration would be on par with the old empowers duration which is why I stated that.
    Also I never stated it was a "Solution" you stated what I suggested was a solution, you're free to come up with a suggestion but I don't have a solution unless ZOS gives a unique buff.

@Feanor
    Yeah those were my suggestions on the extreme side so I could negotiate from the middle as the extreme would be where we'd need to bring it down from versus bringing it up from the current affects i.e 10k bleeds, 20% penetration, & 5% damage buff.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool to see an instant cast version without the CC - maybe one that is more bleed/debuffed focused. I’ve always felt pushed away from 2h in high lag scenarios because I can’t land it reliably.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

but it exists in the form of master dual wield. While I think OP's ideas are not balanced at all, you have to realize that seeing a 10k+ bleed in your recap is not really that hard. Just like how having a 20k vigor is not really that hard(like I proved in the other bleed discussion.)

Whether is it balanced or not, is no longer my concern. But I'm pretty sure so many people only don't use it because they are not even capable of finishing vDSA.

I'm working on a potential build with sloads+masterdw nowadays. I think I might be creating a dueling monster.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 24, 2018 8:13PM