Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"All About Mechanics" - Dungeon/Trial/Arena Guide Series!

• xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode IX of "All About Mechanics" Arx Corinium! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un8ex_Uwt1g&t=184s
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed this. Very cool idea.

One note with Darkshade 1 from farming it forever for Netch gear: the Foreman Lothan fight can be performed much easier by staying ranged (right around the mushroom in front of the boss). The moment you get within melee range he starts jumping around the room. But if you stay ranged, he stands at the spawn point and you don't have to chase him, you just have to strafe the aoes he lays down. Any stam dps and the tank can take care of the adds and drop aoe on the boss.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

The method you mentioned i did explain while going through the mechanics in the video, however i show how the boss works overall not how to make him stand still. Bit of a fail safe. If ZOS ever alter that so he moves no matter what, at least people will know what to do :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode X of "All About Mechanics"

Direfrost Keep!!

No more failed pugs, "BREAK FREE!"..All mechanics explained to make this an easy ride for all. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPYjLk1e3c
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »

Direfrost Keep!!

No more failed pugs, "BREAK FREE!"..All mechanics explained to make this an easy ride for all. Enjoy!

Very nice. Note that for magic build you might want tree stat portions or at worst junk stamina ones on the last boss at least if you block rather than use shields.
    For stamina builds, simply keep an reserve.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Direfrost Keep!!

Very nice. Note that for magic build you might want tree stat portions or at worst junk stamina ones on the last boss at least if you block rather than use shields.
    For stamina builds, simply keep an reserve.

Valid point, i run the easy sorc in there and just use trash stam pots because i never need mag pots or spell power(all in the build) BUT tripots, or tri food maybe a good choice for other mags for sure:)

Thank you for watching!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic thread and effort put into it. Pity we're restricted to giving out 1 awesome per post.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Sauce Xynode.

As always, informative, entertaining and helpful.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Awesome Sauce Xynode.

As always, informative, entertaining and helpful.

Thank you man much appreciated glad you like it, also hope you are doing well since we met at ZOS! keep up the good work man, community legend right there:)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic thread and effort put into it. Pity we're restricted to giving out 1 awesome per post.

HAHA thank you!!
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I am just average player, but my two cents on the last boss which indeed is nightmare in PUG when somebody refuses to follow mechanics:
    1) You didn't say why we should stay in melee - her ranged attack is stronger the larger distance is AFAIK so she one shot non-tanks.
    2) It's not a smoke it's clearly a wind.
    Friendly advice - speak slower ;). You generally speak fast but you spoke too fast at the last 3x Centurion boss when you tried to explain their mechanics.
    I admit I don't like how you killed them. Tank should constantly keep the green one at the edge or PUG is going to fail. Bringing green one to blue one is almost guaranteed that one or maybe both DDs are getting one shot (they should only attack the blue one until dead as is obviously stationary) and you lower your group DPS as DDs have to watch to not get one shot. You said they share health (which many don't know) so why bringing green one to blue one?
    I like your videos but this last boss was poorly executed and you spoke too fast.
    Edited by exiars10 on May 17, 2018 9:08AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    Already watching your videos and can say: this dude rocks!
    And the graphics of PS4 are amazing, compared to PC!
    But most importantly : the DK rotation is explained like noone else, and I have watched a lot of videos on the net!!
    Keep the good work, you're gifted!

@exiars10 "You said they share health (which many don't know) so why bringing green one to blue one?"

- because you dps all of them faster.
    Edited by Auros on May 17, 2018 11:58AM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auros wrote: »
    But most importantly : the DK rotation is explained like noone else, and I have watched a lot of videos on the net!!

@exiars10 "You said they share health (which many don't know) so why bringing green one to blue one?"

Thank you very much indeed! :)

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have just single-handedly saved ESO PVE \o/

Great guides for anyone new, or returning and looking to get into Dungeoning.
    Many people will be appreciative of your efforts :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much indeed, glad peoplea re seeing the point of these guides and finding them useful, plenty more to come ! :)

dtsharples wrote: »
    You may have just single-handedly saved ESO PVE \o/

Great guides for anyone new, or returning and looking to get into Dungeoning.
    Many people will be appreciative of your efforts :)

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭

Do you see contradiction in your statement? Because they share HP (which many don't know), killing one means you almost kill other two so there is no sense to kill them all together. You don't DPS them together faster it's opposite as green one has conal one shot heavy attack and let not strat talk about crazy red one.
    I have HM speed run with PUG on my Warden tank as I totally pulled green boss at the edge so two DDs burned blue one without problem and healer first kitted red one. One of the my rare PUG runs when group members listened/understood what to do.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »

Do you see contradiction in your statement? Because they share HP (which many don't know), killing one means you almost kill other two so there is no sense to kill them all together. You don't DPS them together faster it's opposite as green one has conal one shot heavy attack and let not strat talk about crazy red one.
    I have HM speed run with PUG on my Warden tank as I totally pulled green boss at the edge so two DDs burned blue one without problem and healer first kitted red one. One of the my rare PUG runs when group members listened/understood what to do.

Think of it like this and let's assume they have 3 million health together (1million per boss):

If you lure the green one away and you only dd the blue one to let's say half health (0.5 million) before they connect and equalize health they have 2.5 million health together, which equals approximately 833k per boss (i.e. you have done +/- 167k damage per boss).

If your tank would lure the green one to the blue one and face it away from the group so that the dd's and healer have no risk of getting one shotted, you can still focus on the blue boss but hit the green one with aoe: let's say you damage the blue boss for 0.5 million and the green boss for 0.3 million in the aoe. This would result in a total shared health of 2.2 million, which equals approximately 733k per boss (i.e. you have done +/- 267k damage per boss).

With a good group where damage dealers know where to stand the second options is always faster.
    Edited by Fvh09NL on May 24, 2018 2:36PM
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    [q
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    exiars10 wrote: »

Think of it like this and let's assume they have 3 million health together (1million per boss):

If you lure the green one away and you only dd the blue one to let's say half health (0.5 million) before they connect and equalize health they have 2.5 million health together, which equals approximately 833k per boss (i.e. you have done +/- 167k damage per boss).

If your tank would lure the green one to the blue one and face it away from the group so that the dd's and healer have no risk of getting one shotted, you can still focus on the blue boss but hit the green one with aoe: let's say you damage the blue boss for 0.5 million and the green boss for 0.3 million in the aoe. This would result in a total shared health of 2.2 million, which equals approximately 733k per boss (i.e. you have done +/- 267k damage per boss).

With a good group where damage dealers know where to stand the second options is always faster.

CORRECT!
    Thank you for this, i try not to get in arguments with people who start them for no good reason so i just let it go but you are right. They share health but they can take more damage if they get hit by 2 damage sources(one being passive shared bar and one being raw damage per target)

Much appreciated! and of course thank you for watching :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭

Episode XIII of "All About Mechanics" is here!! Blackheart Haven lets go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Zl4iqq3I0&t=193s

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    These guides have been very helpful for me, thank you! Any insight for the new dungeon mechanics, like Fang Lair, coming soon?
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    These guides have been very helpful for me, thank you! Any insight for the new dungeon mechanics, like Fang Lair, coming soon?

Thank you!

Yes this is a dungeon series, starting from the first dungeon to the last dunegon, I am almost about half way through the series.
    DLC will be the last 8 that i do, still 10 more to go until those
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another episode of "All About Mechanics is here!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJf2g9oq8oQ&t=48s
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another "All About Mechanics" Guide!!

Selene's web!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtKMJxq9sZA&t=1s

• FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Great! I thought you gave up doing these.
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    FastBen wrote: »
    Great! I thought you gave up doing these.

hahah never i'm no quitter just a lot on my plate:)
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are great tutorials. I love how you focus on the mechanics.
    That's one thing that WoW had in its favour was many good fight tutorials.

As a player who's been in ESO for all of the Beta weekends and had 5 day early access, I have yet to successfully complete a vet DLC dungeon. It shames me to say so. So I am eagerly awaiting the DLC videos, kind sir.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for making and sharing these! I'm not a new player, but there are still some boss fights that remain a mystery to me, and I just go through them without really knowing whether certain aspects can be avoided, or are mechanice-related :smile:
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Thank you for making and sharing these! I'm not a new player, but there are still some boss fights that remain a mystery to me, and I just go through them without really knowing whether certain aspects can be avoided, or are mechanice-related :smile:

You are most welcome, glad to help! :)
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are great tutorials. I love how you focus on the mechanics.
    That's one thing that WoW had in its favour was many good fight tutorials.

As a player who's been in ESO for all of the Beta weekends and had 5 day early access, I have yet to successfully complete a vet DLC dungeon. It shames me to say so. So I am eagerly awaiting the DLC videos, kind sir.

Thank you i am glad these are helpful to you, there are many more to come. Now hitting the version two dungeons, the harder stuff:)

Also while im here, here is ANOTHER ONE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcNi6PsrGD8&t=305s