The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stop the cross faction Queue to PvP!

VoiDGhOs7
VoiDGhOs7
✭✭✭✭
In the current state for example if im an EP player who has a queue of 30+ is it possible to use another alliance queue to that campaign to skip yours and get into Cyrodiil.And it works with every faction and every campaign.

Any chance to fix this BS mechanic?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the question.

If DC has no queue, it simply means there are fewer DC players in that campaign. If you enter with your DC, then log out and switch to your EP, you would have to wait in the queue again.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 21, 2017 5:15PM
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

If DC has no queue, it simply means there are fewer DC players in that campaign. If you enter with your DC, then log out and switch to your EP, you would have to wait in the queue again.

He is trying to say that:
    Player 1 is playing AD
    Player 2 is playing EP

AD queue let's say 100+
    EP queue is 10+

Then if player 1 is grouping up with player 2 (in pve land ofc) and player 2 asks for a queue the group queue of the two player will be 10+ since player 2 is EP, therefore when queue pops player 1 will also get the notification and can port to Cyrodil, and with that he bypassed the AD queue, which is waymore than the EP.

Understand now?
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭

He is trying to say that:
    Player 1 is playing AD
    Player 2 is playing EP

AD queue let's say 100+
    EP queue is 10+

Then if player 1 is grouping up with player 2 (in pve land ofc) and player 2 asks for a queue the group queue of the two player will be 10+ since player 2 is EP, therefore when queue pops player 1 will also get the notification and can port to Cyrodil, and with that he bypassed the AD queue, which is waymore than the EP.

Understand now?

What he said.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seriously needs to be looked at. There is a feeling that this is why AD is constantly winning TF EU. Sometimes it feels like there are no pact, sometimes it feels like there are loads.

Can we please get a statement on this, even if to just know it is real or not. (Even though we really know it is...)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Some further discussions around the topic:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/328724/pvp-group-queue-exploit

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3895352
    Edited by Nermy on March 28, 2017 7:55AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent actually tried this because i dont make friends cross faction like a treasonous traitor, but wouldnt the queue for Cyrodiil not initiate because you are of opposite factions? Like wouldnt the game prevent you from group queueing?

Thats what would make sense to me, like an error message would appear much like the "Cannot Group queue because a member of your party is offline" - right? so shouldnt there be a message that says "Cannot group queue because one or more members of your party is of the opposite faction"??
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last time i tried to queue with someone of another faction in my group, it didnt let me queue. I didnt realize we were different factions i was just excited to pvp.

Havent made that mistake in about 6 months so did they change it?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    Last time i tried to queue with someone of another faction in my group, it didnt let me queue. I didnt realize we were different factions i was just excited to pvp.

thats what i thought too.. . .

ok @OP i think its about time to tell us wtf you are talking about
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• KILLING4ALIVING
    KILLING4ALIVING
    ✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

Yes, they changed it, although I doubt it was intentional. Ever since one tameriel players can group queue with a player on an opposing faction to enter cyrodiil, so some players use this as a way to beat a high queue for PVP. I initially heard it counts towards the players that initiated the queues's faction's population which is why all 3 factions will say they are pop-locked when it is obvious your faction is outnumbered. For example, if AD is pop-locked with a queue of 30, and EP is at 3 bars one AD will hop on his alt and queue a full raid of AD into TF on EP's pop to get in instantly. Alternatively I've heard that is doesn't count towards the player that queued in factions population, it just allows you to skip the queue. Either way it needs to be fixed.

There was another thread about this not o long ago, I saw, before then I didn't know anything about it. I found it and will link it here for you.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327370/remove-group-queue-in-pvp/p1
    I use to be a PVP'er like you but then I took a lag spike to the knee.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well then, im sure ZOS has it on their "to do list" :lol:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did this yesterday worked pretty well. I have no time to wait in a 100+ que. Xbox NA DC just find any yellow and he will bring you right in.Takes 2 minutes at most.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And many of an "elite" suddenly wished for a way to downvote this post and bury it!
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a major issue during the double AP week. Probably part of the reason the servers crashed a few times too.

Like soo many other people, I wish ZoS would revert or remove the ability to home different faction toons on the same campaign. I get why some players do it. They want more/seemingly better fights. But personally, I'd rather stay true and loyal to my faction. It's about the only RP aspect of the game I indulge in.

What can't be helped, is even if both players have NO other faction toons. They can still communicate in whispers and form a group. This is the grey area. One Tam made it so we can group in PvE no matter faction or level. This cross faction PvP que'ing is the result. I don't see a solution that isn't going to make someone even more furious with ZoS =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »
    In the current state for example if im an EP player who has a queue of 30+ is it possible to use another alliance queue to that campaign to skip yours and get into Cyrodiil.And it works with every faction and every campaign.

Any chance to fix this BS mechanic?

That seems logical.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    This seriously needs to be looked at. There is a feeling that this is why AD is constantly winning TF EU. Sometimes it feels like there are no pact, sometimes it feels like there are loads.

Can we please get a statement on this, even if to just know it is real or not. (Even though we really know it is...)

I'm pretty sure there were more AD than EP and DC combined today, even though blue and red were both on 3 bars. Absolutely crazy how many they are!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, this definitely happens. I've seen people go to Mournhold and spam "1000 gold to queue in my group to Cyrodiil. Need an AD to help" a few times.

Now that they fixed it so that when you crash you can bypass requeuing it seemingly happens less than it did a month or so ago.
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »

I'm pretty sure there were more AD than EP and DC combined today, even though blue and red were both on 3 bars. Absolutely crazy how many they are!

Most likely this queue behaviour is an unexpected mechanic as was with animation cancelling,something that they didn't expect appeared from nowhere.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely this queue behaviour is an unexpected mechanic as was with animation cancelling,something that they didn't expect appeared from nowhere.

I'm pretty sure it started from the point where they allowed you to have cross-faction toons in Cyro. I'm sure it must be easy to fix but I wonder do they want to/ have time/ intend to?
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure it started from the point where they allowed you to have cross-faction toons in Cyro. I'm sure it must be easy to fix but I wonder do they want to/ have time/ intend to?

It started with One Tamriel when everything changed,but to be honest I'm not even sure they're aware that this is happening and because of that there's no ETA on fixing that.
  • kalitoslime
    kalitoslime
    ✭✭
    What is allowed in cross faction pvp? CanI take red scroll and take it to yellow or put it in slaughter fish? Can I take red rss and jump on yellow to take em back can I emp lock two factions so that they can get emp ? Can I have multiple accounts and play at the same time? Cross faction pvp should be removed !
  • kalitoslime
    kalitoslime
    ✭✭
    CP gear or any supplies should not be interchangeable from faction to faction and once in a camp with one faction we should not be allowed to go in there with another faction !!! Cross faction ruins pvp natural flow !
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, this is about a bug that's since been fixed.

Kindly don't necro topics like that.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we do not permit "bumping" threads, especially very old threads that have been inactive for a long time. These rules are outlined here. We will be closing this thread. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.