The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Adblocker+ Addon

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    People are overreacting. Log in, dismiss it and play. What is the big deal about this ?
    This doesn't interfere with my gameplay at all. Always this hysteria about little things.

You like it? Good for you.
    People who don't like it, they finally have a way to hide it.

Simple.

Read before you speak. Where did I say that I like it ? I merely said that I don't care. It takes a fracture of a second to dismiss it and then I am good to go. If this bothers you, then you have me thinking.

It bothers me because I liked being reminded (once) if the crown store had changed. I'd go see what was new or what was leaving. Now I'm annoyed by it's terrible advertising and have changed to instantly click alt. Actually, I'll finally use No TYs ability to block it I think.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst an add-on solves this issue let's not let up on how bad this is, because in under two weeks a whole lot of players without add-ons will be subjected to this.

This^

I don’t mind it once a day for the whole account, but as one who logs in to all 15 characters at least once a day this sounds terrible and very annoying.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are overreacting. Log in, dismiss it and play. What is the big deal about this ?
    This doesn't interfere with my gameplay at all. Always this hysteria about little things.

I guess it's the hint of where it's going. Small screen once a week has become huge screen every log-in.

Next up, huge screen every log-in that requires you to scroll through all the add pages before being able to dismiss it, like a ToS pop-up. Maybe every hour or two after using a wayshrine after that.

It's annoying for some because no matter how much they throw ads in my face I am never going to buy gamble crates.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the summerset release i've been spammed with ads about stuff that i already own 36 to 45 times a day. ESO is now worst than my email account where i can mark most spam as junk.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently you don't have alts or mule characters that you log into multiple times per day... because EACH character you log into you get bombarded with this unnecessary spamvertising. Thankfully the NO THANK YOU! addon has been updated to resolve this annoyance.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Thank You Continued has add blocker now I believe
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Apparently you don't have alts or mule characters that you log into multiple times per day... because EACH character you log into you get bombarded with this unnecessary spamvertising. Thankfully the NO THANK YOU! addon has been updated to resolve this annoyance.

Sounds more like a personal problem. Must be hard to press a single buttona dozen times
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That point I can follow. But no, I have little sympathy for people who use mules. Mules are of little relevance in ESO, because ESO+ is so great of a deal, you'd be foolish to not have it if you play so much and once your mount, bank space, inventory is fully upgraded and you have bought the storage chests, there is no use anymore for mule characters.

Of course if you don't love your character and don't invest time and effort into it, you will never achieve any of those things.
    Edited by Dracane on May 24, 2018 2:48PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds more like a personal problem. Must be hard to press a single buttona dozen times

lol guess you are the target audience
    me I play games for fun, not to get RSI
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The size is awful too, it’s not even like then smaller one that sometimes showed up on one side. It’s like being smacked in the eyeballs with a billboard.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst an add-on solves this issue let's not let up on how bad this is, because in under two weeks a whole lot of players without add-ons will be subjected to this.

To this end, I have already said my good-byes to my PS4 characters. I had largely stopped playing on PS4, but I still have it installed so that I can pop in there if I need to.
    That point I can follow. But no, I have little sympathy for people who use mules. Mules are of little relevance in ESO, because ESO+ is so great of a deal, you'd be foolish to not have it if you play so much and once your mount, bank space, inventory is fully upgraded and you have bought the storage chests, there is no use anymore for mule characters.

I don't use mules, and never have, but I have several characters that I like and want to play, and many of them have daily quests and hireling emails. Clearly, ZOS designed this panel around the "one character to rule them all" design point. It is likely that the vast majority of the players will only see it once per day, so it isn't like ZOS needs to run out and change anything.

Edit: I am actually against this panel, not only because it appears every time I log in, but because it is so large and obtrusive. Even if they drop it to once per day, which they might, that will be more than I want to see this panel. I don't need them to display some big panel with a fancy slide show. It is too much.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 27, 2018 10:37AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus