The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

fps drop

vamdolly
vamdolly
Soul Shriven
Is anyone els geting fps drops after the update iv always had 120 fps no issues after this updat it sits at 99 and evry 20-30 seconds get a hit down to 10 for no reson then back up. it has made me use skills watch ananimation and get no damage or buff as if i didnt use it same for the blade of woe .
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only seem to notice the really bad frame drops either moving into or out of cells/regions with lots of people in them.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. VadimAleks
      VadimAleks
      ✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      I only seem to notice the really bad frame drops either moving into or out of cells/regions with lots of people in them.

I got freeze and fps drop inside Flaming Nix Inn in Mornhold - I'm not sure if it is a separate cell or it's part of a city cell.
      No more levels and skills, only degradation!
    2. dalgrimar187
      dalgrimar187
      Soul Shriven
      Lots of fps drops in cyro to.
    3. Korax
      Korax
      ✭✭✭
      I have another similar FPS issues ever since I fresh installed Windows 10, 1803. I would load-up ESO but my FPS rate would be total crap, like 15fps, even on the char selection screen. When I proceed to load the game, even in old areas like Stonefalls the low fps rate persists. Interestingly enough, minimizing the game and maximizing it (playing fullscreen) fixed the fps rate immediately for a minute or so... but should I use a wayshrine or door.. basically anything that loads a new area or major assets the low fps rate returns, only yet again to be fixed by doing in a min/max.

It feels like I'm playing a 4 year old game still in beta. I didn't have this issue prior to upgrading to the latest Windows release and I had older drivers.

The only change being I re-installed Windows April 2018 and are running NV 391.35

Sure, I got an old 460GTX SLI setup, but it feels like Im suddenly running on half the power of my one GPU.
      All my other games runs just as well as they did before.

This is before the Summerset launch.. Im at the moment still downloading it.
    4. Kainarel
      Kainarel
      ✭✭✭
      Yes, same here, and only after Summerset patch coming out.
      I got a topic about it, too.
      Maintenance happening today, so here's to hope they fix this. Somehow...
    5. vamdolly
      vamdolly
      Soul Shriven
      Ya i seen there was a Maintenance coming i hope it gets fix, it isnt just interupting dungeon gameplay but it will drop to 10 fps while lisinging to a quest the bam evrything is skiped.
    6. Zymcio
      Zymcio
      ✭✭✭
      Hello,

do u think WIndows 10 april update could decrease some preformance ?
    7. Korax
      Korax
      ✭✭✭
      Windows 1803 shouldnt have an issue according to me. I started WoW and it ran just the same as before.
      Edited by Korax on May 23, 2018 7:13AM
    8. ArcVelarian
      ArcVelarian
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah, seems that maintenance didn't fix it this week.
      Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    9. Slick_007
      Slick_007
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      yes
    10. MinarasLaure
      MinarasLaure
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ive got 2 laptops, one with a 970m and one with 960m
      Since the launch of summerset, the 970m laptop is completely fine, the 960m has fps drops down to 1-3 fps, sometimes for say 3 seconds, sometimes for almost a minute, and during this time the game is literally unplayable, i have to wait until its done.
      Pre summerset, both the laptops could run eso with all the settings at Ultra, now im struggling trying to understand how to fix the problem.
      Lower the res didnt help, turning off shadows and water reflection helped and the fps drops dont happen that often but i still go down to 1 fps sometimes.
      GPU usage goes from 96% to 100%, but the same happens to the other laptop with the 970m and ive got no problem with that one

Any other fix?
    11. Korax
      Korax
      ✭✭✭
      Same... Mine goes down to a constant 12 FPS and its been like this since 3rd May. It would be smooth then go down to 13 and stay there. Briefly fixed if I min/max and returning a minute or less.

The fix seems to be to opt not to plat this beta game for a month or two and see if its fixed or not. Most of the time I find you are battling the game technology rather than the game world itself. I'm not a numbskull, I'm running a clean and tidy machine as I need to for my software development purposes.
      Edited by Korax on May 24, 2018 6:35AM