Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Easiest Class to Score Kills in PVP

• Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any decent stamblade who slots cloak has enough brain to understand to build for enough mag and mag regen to reliably use cloak
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Maryal wrote: »
    The easiest class to kill in cyrodill are stamblades.

Stamblade is the most played class because currently it is the strongest class, and the rogue type character appeals to people. As it is the most played class, many of them are bad, and easy to kill. Many of them are also in medium.

A good stamblade is one of the hardest classes to kill because cloak is OP, and broken. Stamblade is also the most efficient killing class.

I'd love to see cloak nerfed similar to how streak was nerfed, where the cost increases dramatically after successive uses. All these stamblades running around and cloak spamming is ruining PVP.

LOL! I guess as a stamblade for 3 years now, I must really suck because I get killed all the time! Yea, I guess my cloak is really OP since I can spam it 3x in a row before running out of magica, I mean 3 whole times in a row ... yep, that is waaaay op.

And yea, I do wear medium armor because heavy armor cuts into my play style and I wouldn't play my pvp build if it didn't have it's benefits WHICH DOSEN'T INCLUDE GANKING NOR DOES IT INCLUDE 'RESETTING THE FIGHT.' OMG ... talk about being pigeonholed into a stereotype!

What IS 'Over Performing' is that same-old same-old song (well, two same-old songs), you know the ones, they are repeated time and time again across numerous forums: " A good ______ is hard to kill" and "Only a bad _________ will get killed in pvp.'

..... hmmm, make that 3 songs ... the third one is a catchy little ditty called: "la la la Nerf NBs"

o:)
    Edited by Maryal on May 24, 2018 1:52AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade is the most played class because currently it is the strongest class, and the rogue type character appeals to people. As it is the most played class, many of them are bad, and easy to kill. Many of them are also in medium.

A good stamblade is one of the hardest classes to kill because cloak is OP, and broken. Stamblade is also the most efficient killing class.

I'd love to see cloak nerfed similar to how streak was nerfed, where the cost increases dramatically after successive uses. All these stamblades running around and cloak spamming is ruining PVP.

LOL! I guess as a stamblade for 3 years now, I must really suck because I get killed all the time! Yea, I guess my cloak is really OP since I can spam it 3x in a row before running out of magica, I mean 3 whole times in a row ... yep, that is waaaay op.

And yea, I do wear medium armor because heavy armor cuts into my play style and I wouldn't play my pvp build if it didn't have it's benefits WHICH DOSEN'T INCLUDE GANKING NOR DOES IT INCLUDE 'RESETTING THE FIGHT.' OMG ... talk about being pigeonholed into a stereotype!

What IS 'Over Performing' is that same-old same-old song (well, two same-old songs), you know the ones, they are repeated time and time again across numerous forums: " A good ______ is hard to kill" and "Only a bad _________ will get killed in pvp.'

..... hmmm, make that 3 songs ... the third one is a catchy little ditty called: "la la la Nerf NBs"

I would agree here.

I'll forego talking about any one individual's skill level, to avoid bruised egos.

I don't care as much how long u been playin it.

There is no excuse for a stamblade dying "all the time".
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the flipside, if you think stamblades are weak and in need of help, you probably are not as good as you think you are or still do not understand how to play the class. One can play for 3 years of a class and can still have stunted growth of skill if one only plays in a certain playstyle that does not require skill such as just riding the wave of people and let others do the work while spamming some bow abilities for example.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

I'll forego talking about any one individual's skill level, to avoid bruised egos.

yea, your right ... having 3 people hit you at the same time from different directions and dying because no matter how many times you press something on your skill bar, no matter how many times you press your quick-slot for that health potion, no matter how many times you hit that roll-dodge button ... none of those things will fire off in that moment. Yea, I guess there is no excuse for dying all the time in situations like that. I suppose I could stand safely high on a ledge and spam snipe ... that would keep me alive ... but where's the fun in that! LOL! BTW, I am talking about open world pvp in Cyrodiil with at least 20 or so of your faction and the same number or more of the other faction(s) brawling it out. Oh, my kill to death ratio is about 6-8 kills to 1 death. Believe me, I am trying to improve on that, but remember, I don't gank, and I don't cloak to reset fights.
    Edited by Maryal on May 24, 2018 2:17AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You would not nerf stam blade at all, You would only nerf magblade.

Stamblades use cloak in between dodge rolls while wearing well fitted gear, so they can travel for miles pulling a little from each pool, When you dodge roll multiple times in a row, or steak ect it increases cost, but stamblades get around that by alternating between the 2, if you increase cost on cloak for multiple uses they will just add in a dodge roll and be fine. If you want to nerf stamblade cloak is not the place to start.

When you want to propose a nerf you need to look at in a way that you can fix the problem without damaging or causing a problem for another class or spec.

Maybe you've forgotten the cool down is based on a timer, not off the fact successive uses have occurred.

I dodge roll before cloaking too, and a simple dodge roll does not exceed 4 seconds which is what the streak cooldown is. My problem is with cloak spam, maybe you read it wrong. I don't give a flying if a dodge roll occurs in the middle.

Cloak isn't being spammed by stamblades, they cannot sustain to spam it over and over and over and over. It is only effective for them because they can alternate it with Dodge rolling, and you still do not understand. The timer for successive rolls is completely mitigated by the fact they can switch between a roll and a cloak and wait the timer out for each one. If you add the same timer to cloak that streak has you will not effect a stamblade at all, they can dodge roll then cloak and by the time they need to dodge again the timer will be expired and by the time they need to cloak again the timer will be expired.

Nerfing cloak in this manor will not stop stamblades it will only hurt magblade which is already under preforming in open world pvp.

No it isn't. Magblade is one of the top 3 specs, especially now. Since 2h is less of a sacrifice and shade got a massive buff.

Please stop denying the strengths of cloak. It outdoes every other defense by a lot. Its total direct st and dot damage mitigation whilst active, makes you invisible, has offense synergies, and it scales amazingly against multi targets due to its lack of numerical limits and its non scaling cost.

It's counters are pathetic and highly sacrificial unless you are an NB yourself.

Of course magblade is one of the harder play styles to play, it relies on weaving for burst which is dodge with high mobility specs and lag, and its more sacrificial than a Stam spec (as are all mag builds) but it is by far one of the best if played well.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

yea, your right ... having 3 people hit you at the same time from different directions and dying because no matter how many times you press something on your skill bar, no matter how many times you press your quick-slot for that health potion, no matter how many times you hit the button to roll-dodge ... none of those things will fire off in that moment. Yea, I guess there is no excuse for that.

No because what you do is you take the skill level of ALL nightblades into account.

The fact that rushing into battle when severely outnumbered is a bad idea aside, a good stamblade will rarely die. There's more that goes into it other than merely your build or whether or not your keyboard and mouse is working right that day.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Stamblades use cloak in between dodge rolls while wearing well fitted gear, so they can travel for miles pulling a little from each pool, When you dodge roll multiple times in a row, or steak ect it increases cost, but stamblades get around that by alternating between the 2, if you increase cost on cloak for multiple uses they will just add in a dodge roll and be fine. If you want to nerf stamblade cloak is not the place to start.

When you want to propose a nerf you need to look at in a way that you can fix the problem without damaging or causing a problem for another class or spec.

Maybe you've forgotten the cool down is based on a timer, not off the fact successive uses have occurred.

I dodge roll before cloaking too, and a simple dodge roll does not exceed 4 seconds which is what the streak cooldown is. My problem is with cloak spam, maybe you read it wrong. I don't give a flying if a dodge roll occurs in the middle.

Cloak isn't being spammed by stamblades, they cannot sustain to spam it over and over and over and over. It is only effective for them because they can alternate it with Dodge rolling, and you still do not understand. The timer for successive rolls is completely mitigated by the fact they can switch between a roll and a cloak and wait the timer out for each one. If you add the same timer to cloak that streak has you will not effect a stamblade at all, they can dodge roll then cloak and by the time they need to dodge again the timer will be expired and by the time they need to cloak again the timer will be expired.

Nerfing cloak in this manor will not stop stamblades it will only hurt magblade which is already under preforming in open world pvp.

No it isn't. Magblade is one of the top 3 specs, especially now. Since 2h is less of a sacrifice and shade got a massive buff.

Please stop denying the strengths of cloak. It outdoes every other defense by a lot. Its total direct st and dot damage mitigation whilst active, makes you invisible, has offense synergies, and it scales amazingly against multi targets due to its lack of numerical limits and its non scaling cost.

It's counters are pathetic and highly sacrificial unless you are an NB yourself.

Of course magblade is one of the harder play styles to play, it relies on weaving for burst which is dodge with high mobility specs and lag, and its more sacrificial than a Stam spec (as are all mag builds) but it is by far one of the best if played well.

lol magblade is top 3 in open world? sense when. What are the first two then?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First two should be obvious. Stamblade and Stamden. Even though I do disagree that Stamden is that strong due to their combos can be avoided relatively easily but it is the best group play class for stam for sure. Stamblade is not weak at all. Same 1vXer can stay alive a lot longer and actually kill more with stamblade then any other class. Even if you don't build to have magicka regen, smart use of cloak outdo any other defense mechanics.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

yea, your right ... having 3 people hit you at the same time from different directions and dying because no matter how many times you press something on your skill bar, no matter how many times you press your quick-slot for that health potion, no matter how many times you hit the button to roll-dodge ... none of those things will fire off in that moment. Yea, I guess there is no excuse for that.

No because what you do is you take the skill level of ALL nightblades into account.

The fact that rushing into battle when severely outnumbered is a bad idea aside, a good stamblade will rarely die. There's more that goes into it other than merely your build or whether or not your keyboard and mouse is working right that day.

Who says I rush into battle? How about getting rushed by the other side? Regardless, when there's about 20 of your guys and about 20 of the other guys, I don't consider that being 'severely outnumbered.' This is a game. Don't you ever engage in a 'free for all' big old brawl (fairly evenly numbered) just because it's heck-a-fun? LOL!

And another thing ... there are three ways to not die (or die less) ... one is to make a tank build (not my idea of fun), another way is to always play as safely as you can and avoid taking risks (gankers, snipers ..again, not my idea of fun), and the third way is to jump into battle, work on your skills, work on your reaction time, watch the patterns of the players that kill you, figure out why you died and what you could do to prevent it (or reduce it), etc, in order to hone your skills and reaction time and THAT (over time) increases the number of kills you get (kill to death ratio) and is my preference.
    Edited by Maryal on May 24, 2018 2:35AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

Who says I rush into battle? How about getting rushed by the other side? Regardless, when there's about 20 of your guys and about 20 of the other guys, I don't consider that being 'severely outnumbered'

Fine. Death by Zerg is not really something we take into consideration much and is not a factor I personally consider when evaluating the strength of a class, or a player's skill level.

So if I'm talking about dying a lot say, I'm not really getting mad at the zerging part. Getting zerged always = death. There's nothing you can do about it in most instances.

But say you encounter a group of 3 and you are solo. You need to know whether or not you can beat them all before you even begin rushing in. Or else cloak and escape out of there, quick
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

Who says I rush into battle? How about getting rushed by the other side? Regardless, when there's about 20 of your guys and about 20 of the other guys, I don't consider that being 'severely outnumbered'

Fine. Death by Zerg is not really something we take into consideration much and is not a factor I personally consider when evaluating the strength of a class, or a player's skill level.

So if I'm talking about dying a lot say, I'm not really getting mad at the zerging part. Getting zerged always = death. There's nothing you can do about it in most instances.

But say you encounter a group of 3 and you are solo. You need to know whether or not you can beat them all before you even begin rushing in. Or else cloak and escape out of there, quick

No joke. That scenario is NOT what I was talking about and is not the scenario where I die a lot. OMG! How noobish! LOL! Hahahaha! I don't know why you would have assumed that I didn't know (and didn't practice) something like that. How funny.
    Edited by Maryal on May 24, 2018 2:44AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree here.

No joke. That scenario is NOT what I was talking about and is not the scenario where I die a lot.

Ok. You were talking about an even fight 20v20 which would be a large scale battle. That's easy mode when you ask me. I play small scale/solo only, or at least I do whenever the opportunity presents itself.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your no-CP background is showing.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its very strong .. please look at current notes please....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Easiest to get kills for me is Magicka Templar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REP4IFLk0Pw

This build is not good at face to face combat, but great at keep defense.

100% this.

Even the world’s best Magplar will have a tough time in a 1 on 1 open world situation against a competent opponent.

But ... in the right situation, like defending Sejanus from up top or from behind a wall of allied meat shields, there is no class in ESO capable of leaving a pile of bodies as quickly as a DPS Magplar.

You can just spam Radiant into a crowd, or lob Dark Flares easily.

If you’re the type who just wants to get maximum kill credit, find a Zerg, equip a lightning staff and just alternate heavy attacks with Jesus Beams. You’ll fill up a kill 20 in record time.