Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trials Gear

Uviryth
Uviryth
✭✭✭✭✭
With Summersetpatch
Now instead of one unobtainable set, its two of them.
https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-build-pve/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/

You know what Zenimax, go screw yourself, I´m outta here......

And yes yes, I know Alcast caters to the highest end of players. But what I always loved about ESO is that with crafting and dungeons you where able to get close to BiS-Gear. Seems like those times are over.
Edited by Uviryth on May 23, 2018 11:09AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to his stamina optimization guide, he still lists hundings as an option in at least one of the setups.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do pretty good DPS even without those. Just look at the alternate setups from Alcast himself, or simply look at other sets and make your own build. No need to copy and paste someone else's build. And Berserking Warrior is quite easy to get actually, since you can get it with increased frequency in nHRC compared to veteran. Not sure if it's such a good choice.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You can do pretty good DPS even without those. Just look at the alternate setups from Alcast himself, or simply look at other sets and make your own build. No need to copy and paste someone else's build. And Berserking Warrior is quite easy to get actually, since you can get it with increased frequency in nHRC compared to veteran. Not sure if it's such a good choice.

I dont shoot for "pretty good" in mmos.

And its not the difficulty of the content, its the time per day that prevents me from doing Trials.

/edit
    And I dont copypaste, I can actually read the setboni ;-)
    Edited by Uviryth on May 23, 2018 12:20PM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    If you go to his stamina optimization guide, he still lists hundings as an option in at least one of the setups.

I pretty much have all the crafted/overland/dungeonsets for stamina-dps. But when I see the Trials-5piecebonuses I could start streamvomiting.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »

And its not the difficulty of the content, its the time per day that prevents me from doing Trials.

If you aren't doing trials, then those builds are even less relevant. Also no need to use "BiS" unless running trials competitively, for score.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you aren't doing trials, then those builds are even less relevant. Also no need to use "BiS" unless running trials competitively, for score.

Again, without shooting for the best possible performance, there is no reason to play the game period. Doesnt matter if its needed or not.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Again, without shooting for the best possible performance, there is no reason to play the game period. Doesnt matter if its needed or not.

Then do trials and stop crying!
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trials in ESO takes 30min to complete, NOONE can say thay DONT have 30min too complete a trial.
    This thread is full of bad excuses made by an entitled brat.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • RayneHalo
    RayneHalo
    ✭✭✭
    Free stuff? Can I have it?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're creating the problem yourself then, nothing of ZOS' doing.

You want the best possible in a game, but you're not able to make the commitments that game asks of you in order to be the best. Without ever wanting to see people leave the game, it just sounds like ESO is not the game for you any more.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Trials in ESO takes 30min to complete, NOONE can say thay DONT have 30min too complete a trial.
    This thread is full of bad excuses made by an entitled brat.

Son, I´m pretty sure I´m way older than you are.

To be clear, I´m NOT saying I want free stuff. I said I want Veterandungeons, Highend-Crafting and PvP to also grant endgame-gear. I always loved that about this game, and I´m really sad to see the coolest Sets gated behind Raids, like in every other 0815 generic mmo out there.
    Turelus wrote: »

You want the best possible in a game, but you're not able to make the commitments that game asks of you in order to be the best. Without ever wanting to see people leave the game, it just sounds like ESO is not the game for you any more.
    Isnt running the hardest dungeons on Vet, grinding a million AP or having a crafter with every 9trait considered commitment?
    Edited by Uviryth on May 23, 2018 12:36PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with @Turelus here, I don't think this is the game for you. It seems you are angry because you want the best items in the game without putting in time or effort. Then you state that you don't have time to run the content that requires the best gear anyway, making your own point moot.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a game where a streamer can tell you what to buy for best performance, and you won't have to put any thought or effort at all into it. Happy travels to you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Then do trials and stop crying!
    This, people pug the craglorn ones all the time,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt running the hardest dungeons on Vet, grinding a million AP or having a crafter with every 9trait considered commitment?
    Right, but I am specifically talking about trials commitments (time) which you said you can't make in order to gain the very highest tiers of gear.

You could also play a role (tank/healer) which doesn't require the sets or items from HM+X content.

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe youre right. Maybe there is such a thing as too old for onlinegaming.

The mere thought of standing around in Craglorn and shouting in general chat for Trialgroups, or having to use Discordvoicechat with a bunch of 20yearolds gives me the creeps.

And honestly, I didnt know that Trials only take half an hour. I thought they where like three hours long. The groups in my guild always seem to take about that long.

• smoothscape
    smoothscape
    ✭✭
    I think the new patch is great! There are a lot more option with the jewelcraft option. This way you can turn crafted sets into something really good, under certain circumstances. It encourages creative use of sets, traits and enchantments.
    Alcast is good, great maybe, but your own creativity is the true limit.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to see is more crafted sets favored for end game builds. I don't see the harm of it. Experience and skill and other aspects of builds besides gear alone are what will separate the players that are trying to rank high on the scoreboards. Gear alone isn't enough. So what's the harm of letting veteran players that have played long enough to have max level crafters feel like they have end game gear? They aren't going to magically become the best players just because they have some of the best gear.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe youre right. Maybe there is such a thing as too old for onlinegaming.

The mere thought of standing around in Craglorn and shouting in general chat for Trialgroups, or having to use Discordvoicechat with a bunch of 20yearolds gives me the creeps.

And honestly, I didnt know that Trials only take half an hour. I thought they where like three hours long. The groups in my guild always seem to take about that long.
    So find or form a guild of older players with your mindset who you get on well with. There are millions of players out there chances are with some work you can build a trials team with the kind of players you enjoy playing with.

Trials can be 30mins for top group or good groups. vAS+2 speed run achievement is 15mins for example, most the others 30-60mins. If the group has enough DPS and player skill those are attainable.

• Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trials can be 30mins for top group or good groups. vAS+2 speed run achievement is 15mins for example, most the others 30-60mins. If the group has enough DPS and player skill those are attainable.
    Maybe I give it a try. I was put off by my guild because as requirement they have Discord and three Hours.

• Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also play a role (tank/healer) which doesn't require the sets or items from HM+X content.
    I would love playing a Tank/Healer sometimes. If only there where a way of dualspeccing. I tried Staminahealer Redguard, but it just didnt feel fun.

Edited by Uviryth on May 23, 2018 1:09PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I give it a try. I was put off by my guild because as requirement they have Discord and three Hours.

That's most likely for vet trials. Once you know the mechanics on normal, you can pretty much ignore them and speed through a run on all of the craglorn ones.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most groups require VOIP of some kind, there are some who still use TeamSpeak but most use Discord now as it works as both VOIP and an out of client guild chat.
    If you're really looking to get into trials gameplay then sadly this is one concession you'll have to make as you'll need communication.

Time wise the three hours might be because the groups are not skilled enough for fast clears yet and still in the progression stages. Trials (especially later ones) have more mechanics than the dungeons so it's not always as simple as stand and DPS the boss for glory.

I hope it all works out for you, they're a lot of fun and even if it takes a while once a week trials are a good laugh with some fun people.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Post (because browser is being weird)
    Edited by Turelus on May 23, 2018 1:54PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind, was a bit late on the comment.
    Edited by Kalgert on May 23, 2018 2:36PM