The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the current state of jewellery crafting?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
How is jewellery crafting looking now? They've had a month to check it out and fix any problems - have they been done that or is it still the terrifying grind fest that people were saying?
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The upgrading part is a horrible grindfest.....
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    The upgrading part is a horrible grindfest.....

:( Is it easy to level the actual skill line?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill line itself is just as the other crafts... deconstruct stuff, do writs, etc... I read somewhere that you need to deconstruct about 300 purple items to max it out... that’s not that bad and not that different from other crafts...

The biggest grind in my opinion is the fact you need 10x trait items and 10x upgrade mats...

So most people will just level the line, research and transmute existing stuff....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill line itself is just as the other crafts... deconstruct stuff, do writs, etc... I read somewhere that you need to deconstruct about 300 purple items to max it out... that’s not that bad and not that different from other crafts...

The biggest grind in my opinion is the fact you need 10x trait items and 10x upgrade mats...

So most people will just level the line, research and transmute existing stuff....

I honestly don’t even care about the new traits, I don’t think any of them will be that good for PvP outside of coordinated medium to large group play or gank builds. Im only really interested in crafting some set jewelry and transmuting to stam/mag.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's kinda insane. Why not make it the same as the rest of the crafts?????
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »

From ZOS’s perspective, the main issue is that they don’t want jewelry improvement upgrades to replace players running content.

A simple example would be running normal Halls of Fabrication for blue Master Architect jewelry ... and improving those to pieces to gold via jewelry crafting. Whereas now, you hope that these drop in the vet version of the Trial or in the weekly rewards.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 20, 2018 2:02PM
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »

From ZOS’s perspective, the main issue is that they don’t want jewelry improvement upgrades to replace players running content.

A simple example would be running normal Halls of Fabrication for blue Master Architect jewelry ... and improving those to pieces to gold via jewelry crafting. Whereas now, you hope that these drop in the vet version of the Trial or in the weekly rewards.

Can you imagine the complaints coming up on Monday? I mean, that sort of situation is exactly why players have wanted a jewelry crafting system for all this time; so they can do time investment in content they enjoy or can run to replace time investment in content they don't enjoy or can't manage. So they can pay gold to make their Moondancer rings yellow without having to learn to kite Meteors. So they can obtain yellow Maelstrom jewelry without having to place on the weekly leaderboard, and so on.

The upgrade cost ruins crafting from scratch almost entirely, and precludes upgrading from green or blue almost entirely. Yes, it'll happen, but I wonder if it'll happen to people who invest less than 40 hours a week.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

Can you imagine the complaints coming up on Monday? I mean, that sort of situation is exactly why players have wanted a jewelry crafting system for all this time; so they can do time investment in content they enjoy or can run to replace time investment in content they don't enjoy or can't manage.

I don’t disagree with you at all, @Erraln.

I would certainly rather do PvP, crafting, and other things that I enjoy than the gear search.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's currently a dreadfully long and boring grindfest.

Where art thou, ye Golden Vendor...
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely gonna *** a lot of people off. Sadly, a lot of console players, at least on PS4, don't seem to realize how bad it is going to be. Summerset overall really is just gonna tick a lot of players off.

I'd have to agree with what I've seen on other threads, that this just might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me, as I really don't feel like Zos gives a flying skeever about its veteran playerbase, or its playerbase in general. I've definitely lost all confidence and shreds of hope that they would actually fix and balance their game. And their main goals for the game, as demonstrated this past year, has been more about making money.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After 3 days straight of farming pewter veins:
    "Dust to ounces, dust to ounces, dust to ounces"
    [laughs uncontrollably while Sheo offers to take you to the Shivering Isles]

aid205444-v4-728px-Grind-Coffee-Beans-Without-a-Grinder-Step-8.jpg
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely gonna *** a lot of people off. Sadly, a lot of console players, at least on PS4, don't seem to realize how bad it is going to be. Summerset overall really is just gonna tick a lot of players off.

I'd have to agree with what I've seen on other threads, that this just might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me, as I really don't feel like Zos gives a flying skeever about its veteran playerbase, or its playerbase in general. I've definitely lost all confidence and shreds of hope that they would actually fix and balance their game. And their main goals for the game, as demonstrated this past year, has been more about making money.

:(
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara