The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Object Collision and Dueling in Housing

Pepper8Jack
Pepper8Jack
✭✭✭
For anyone unaware, currently in the housing system, placed furnishings interact strangely with certain abilities, which can become a hindrance in duels. Namely, attempting to cast a ground based aoe on a platform that is too high off of the ground will cause an "invalid location" error and the ability is cancelled. Also, any CC with a knockback component causes the target to pass through and/or get stuck in any furnishings in the path.

Has there been any word on whether or not there are plans to address the knockback/ground-based aoe issues with player-made structures currently in the housing system? Having just unfortunately spent a ton of time building a suspended dueling arena in a house that doesn't have quite enough space for an arena on the ground, I was quite disappointed the first time I tested it.

Alternatively, has anyone discovered a work around? Seems to me that none of the furnishings are immune to the issue, but I'm holding out hope that someone found something that works.

Thanks
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most furnishings that people use as a floor aren't actually coded as floors in the game. That means there are often issues with aoes and crafting stations.

The only solution is to pick items that work as floors (idk if the new summerset floor items do) or for ZOS to create\fix items to be used as floors.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Most furnishings that people use as a floor aren't actually coded as floors in the game. That means there are often issues with aoes and crafting stations.

The only solution is to pick items that work as floors (idk if the new summerset floor items do) or for ZOS to create\fix items to be used as floors.

Right, I was hoping that maybe someone had found an object that counted as a "floor" according to the coding.

If I were on PC I'd hop onto PTS to find out about the new floors, but unfortunately console players don't have that privilege. Has anyone tested the summerset furnishing for this purpose yet?