The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

mag toons, what will you be running next patch?

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Instead of your 3 pc moondancer, willpower or Ia?

personally leaning towards architect but Id like to hear some other ideas
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE, oh, ...

I have no interest now...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE, oh, ...

I have no interest now...

well for pvp im running either calduurons or alteration, maybe fortified brass if jewelry crafting isnt busted
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of 4/5 acuity, 5 architect, 1 kena, 0/1 vMA we can now use this setup with a complete monster set like zaan for example.
    PTS-EU
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For my mag dk 5 bsw 5 elfbane 2 zaan. You’ll see this be the meta for mag dks with insane numbers. As for my magplar, will likely run a ranged build of 5 julianos 3 IA 1 slime 1 iceheart MA destro back and torugs destro front(will be using dark flare)
    Edited by templesus on May 19, 2018 8:50PM
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siroria + X, but definitely siroria. For my magdk siroria with either bsw or elfbane depending on which i prefer when i test it and grothdarr/zaan/valkyn depending on content.
    On my magblade probably either siroria + bsw or juli or if ill manage to get an architect inferno a setup with architect instead of siroria for group utility.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    *of course same way for magblade with monster set and maelstrom inferno backbar for both toons
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one knows what they will change since we do not know what will hit live.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acuity still, since I run a perfected asylum mag sorc build
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    For my mag dk 5 bsw 5 elfbane 2 zaan. You’ll see this be the meta for mag dks with insane numbers. As for my magplar, will likely run a ranged build of 5 julianos 3 IA 1 slime 1 iceheart MA destro back and torugs destro front(will be using dark flare)

I havent seen specific testing of this but i stocked up on elfbane for this purpose. Looking forward to improved sustain and dps. Depends how long it will take me to be able to transmute the jewellery to arcane.
    Edited by Haquor on May 19, 2018 10:39PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BSW SUN Skoria. Solo activities on my mDK
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally bsw with front and hewellery and master architect on body with skoria or zaan if I can go melee on my mNB
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE: Some combo of elfbane, siroria, BSW, and zaan/skoria depending on the fight.

PvP: Shackle, DR, Valkyn. OR CA/Shackle/Valkyn with a potion build
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    im curios is Siroria will out preform architect, open too it but i dont think it will. Definitely gunna let others gold it out and see what their pulling first
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    im curios is Siroria will out preform architect, open too it but i dont think it will. Definitely gunna let others gold it out and see what their pulling first

Depends on the build. Its highly rotation dependent, so 1baring it seems difficult. Meaning with certain sets that need to be 2bar'd it won't be the best.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of my piles of magdps BoE equipment, I'm thinking I'd pair Julianos with either Sorrow, Destruction Mastery, or Spinner's. Sorrow looks better for PvE. Spinner's looks better for PvP (where criticals are less effective). Destruction Mastery's somewhere in between, not best for either, but not bad.

Edit: Mad Tinkerer has my attention too. It's a choice between being ~4-5% stronger in Summerset with two pure dps sets, or being only ~2-3% stronger but randomly stunning every non-boss. It's 2-3 piece bonuses make it kinda awkward though, since procs can't crit, and crits are less helpful in PvP where such a proc is most handy.
    Edited by Mudcrabber on May 20, 2018 6:08PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm switching to stamblade TBH. Not much reason to play magblade over stamblade for PvP. Especially if I already know how Nightblades work
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol at the people thinking this is a pvp post. l2read
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »