The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Sometimes healers are the most toxic player in 4person pug

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jokes on them, you don’t need a healer in dungeons, they are redundant.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    As a part-time healer I'll report today's experience on the group finder. Yes I know, stick to running with guildies etc etc. Well they didn't need a healer at the time so I threw myself to the finder after having picked the pledges.

First try, I'm greeted by the great blue portal of bad news. I check the map. The group is deep in the dungeon. "Hey we're on the last boss." I check the pledge and it requires not just the last boss but two more. I left because there was no point in joining halfway.

Second try, I'm greeted by the great blue portal of bad news. I check the map. The group is deep in the dungeon. "Hey we're on the last boss." I check the pledge and it requires not just the last boss but two more. I left because there was no point in joining halfway. Again. Even though it was a different dungeon.

Third try. DLC dung pops. Let's keep our hopes up. I'm greeted by the accursed portal again. At least the group was on the second boss which was the first required for pledge. I join the group. There is at least one 700+CP DD. I think this won't be too bad. I was wrong. The 700+CP DD stood way in the back, far far away from the group. All the better to spam Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Snipe. Not even light attacks. I stood behind them watching to make sure I was seeing right. Okay maybe the other DD can even it out. Alas they were low CP, but even though it took a while, the boss eventually died.

Next waves of trash. Sniper stands in the red because they can not move and DPS at the same time. Either one or the other, but not both. They died. And died. And died. The tank was doing the very best to hold all the trash while the two DDs chipped away at their health. Eventually I commented "guys I don't think we have what it takes to kill the last boss." I was trying to stay positive but Falkreath isn't an easy dungeon, and that last boss wipes even good groups. Eventually we got to the bone boss. Tank keeps running all over instead of trying to stack 2 of the bosses. DDs keep standing on the red again. We wipe. Tank DCs. One DD leaves. It was hopeless at that time. I left too.

Fourth attempt. Falk pops again. And yet again I'm greeted with the blue portal. At this point I'm considering just logging out and go do something else. The map fools me telling the group is somewhere between the two first bosses. They were not. They were on the last. At least I could grab a motif if nothing else. CP300~ tank states "hey guys I'm new to veteran dungeons, what am I supposed to do?" There goes my hope. I mentioned that was one of the DLC dungeons meaning they were generally hard. Tank acknowledged and asked what he was supposed to do.

At this point I had two options. Either drop out because it was another lost battle, or waste a long time typing the entire mechanics for Domihaus to a group which will fail regardless. "Left or right," I asked simply. "Left" one of the DDs stated before pulling. Okay I suppose they know what to do then. Tank did his best. When the one shot pillar mechanic came, I hid behind the left one. Tank died on the boss' face together with one DD. The other DD hid behind some random pillar at the other side of the room. At this point I don't even remember which of the DDs had said 'left'. Either the one who died in the middle or the one who picked a random pillar on the right. I simply wrote "what happened to 'left'?" The tank who had no idea what was going on and therefore wasn't fully at fault stated he was on the left side of the boss. Yeah. That was definitely not happening. Someone left. I left.

At this point I decided I wouldn't queue again. I had wasted a bunch of soul gems rezing people. I had consumed a pile of repair kits. And after wasting over two hours and not even having Maj's pledge done, I was definitely going to start being 'toxic' to the next group I was put in.

And this is my reason today for acting like a jerk.

Great blue portal of bad news. :D I’m going to start calling it that from now on. A small part of me dies every time I port into a vet dungeon and see that thing.

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only trials need healers.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I think a healer isn’t healing me i usually go stand on them or the tank. It may annoy them more,but most the healing in the game is aoe, and most healers aren’t willing to let themselves die to teach me a lesson.

But really it isn’t like a group of players is immune to being toxic. There are toxic players is dps, heals, and tanks.
  • jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The role has nothing to do with the toxicity of a player.
    A toxic player, whatever role he plays, will stay toxic.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, any of the four players could be the most toxic, including yourself (Not you personally).
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because they feel like they have failed and they want to shift the responsibility of it onto somebody else in the eyes of the group as to give the illusion the fault it not on them.
    Its not an illusion, 9 times out of 10 if you die, it was your fault not the healers. People do stupid things in dungeons and then expect me to heal them and make it all better. sometimes i can, but not always.

I dont get mad about it though. If your squishy or stupid i will try to heal within reason, but im not wasting all my resources trying to keep someone a live who takes excessive damage do to stupidity. Just dont complain to me because you died because it was almost definitely your fault.

kikkehs wrote: »
    healing is the easiest job in a dungeon, so healers should just heal and shut up, mhm.

Sure it is, master baiter.
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    I have been seeing on the forum lots of talk and complaints of toxic players. Usually this is aimed at dps in a pug group or players that run fake roles. But sometimes the healer is the most toxic in a group. Some healers will get mad at you for taking too much damage or pulling too many add and they will get bitter and resentful and refuse to do their job as healer. They will get snarky at you positioning an belittle you as a newer dps or tank

I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that

well healers and tanks do control your positioning as a dps you either listen to them or die period. plus if your doing what me and my guild mates call standing in stupid(taking damage and not moving like a smart person) yea they have every right to get mad at you or let you die so you get the point and MOVE! but yea if their mad 99% of the time its your fault if your a dps.

Most of the player base dont understand what a healer does or how to play with one. The tank wants to run way ahead and dps wants to stand at max range on opposite sides but everyone expects me to heal them. Almost no one, including elitists, understands that your not getting my buffs nor about 3/4 of my heals if your all spread out or you keep running out of range. Or my favorite is the ones that want me to heal through massive damage so they can just ignore mechanics.
    Danksta wrote: »
    They're just mad because they know they're playing the most useless role in 4 man content.

90% of people cant make it through group content without a healer, i would probably even go 95%. That includes elitists meta builds in trial gear. I back bar dps on my healer, if i switch to back bar for more than 5 -10 seconds people die.
    Linaleah wrote: »
    fun fact about healing in ESO. there is no triage the way it exists in other games. I cannot target or not target specific people and only specific people. my heals are either "smart" (as in they will hit anyone within my range) directional (player or players in front of me) or ground based (stand in good circle, not the bad circle) if you are not getting any of the above? YOU are the one doing something wrong. if I start losing it and yell at you to stop standing in fire or poison, or get progressively more shrill about you NOT trying to stand behind me? its because I'm still actualy trying to keep you alive. if i stop talking to you and you start dying? given how healing in ESO works, you have no one but yourself to blame. my priority is the group. not you as an individual. the group. if focusing on you, means I let the group health drop bellow my comfort levels? guess what? I'm going to focus on majority of the group. not you. majority.

there is ONE exception to above. and that exception is if mechanic of the fight specifically calls for people to split up and not all be in a group in front of me. but in those cases, at least in my experience, there tends to be a lot less unavoidable damage in general, to compensate for having to split healing focus. and even then.. if I have to split my focus becasue mechanic, and you are dying to damage that is AVOIDABLE? refer to above - you have no one but yourself to blame.

OMG that is so frustrating. I get in position to use combat prayer, got all the idiots lined up for the cone, and the one im standing behind moves behind me. So i move again so they get prayer and they move back behind me. "Me dps, heal easy, tank easy, dps hard, me hit baddie,me good,we win because me good." DPS is the most brain dead role to play. Push 1,la,2,la,3,ha,4,la,5, ws,1, la, 2.... ignore everything else.

On another note, i see a lot of people say healers arent needed, so we can either exclude them for not having a clue or because they can heal and buff themselves through pure leetness.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on May 19, 2018 2:05PM
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Had a stam NB in vet BC2 yesterday with 11.6k hp. Aaaannnddd he loved to play in fire.

I had asked if they had food, and they just said "no :(". (maybe I should start carrying other roles foods)

I just left after Maw took like 10 minutes, and he was dead in the hallway for most of it.

Like, what am I supposed to do at that point :|
    Edited by Pinesy on May 19, 2018 12:59PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a fun read.

I'm quite the opposite in any PUG, i spend so much time just making sure buffs are up and watching health bars that the last thing i'd do is question why someone died; i'd take it as a direct challenge to my efforts.

I probably could ask people to be smarter but I treat you all like NPC's and just assume you are running some bad AI script and deal with whatever happens.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    "There's a time to take damage. There's a time to deal it. There's a time to ignore all else, and do your best to Heal it. Then there's a time to laugh while they all BURN." ~Healer's Motto

"YOUR FAULT!" :D
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    ramenwaifu wrote: »
    why not solve toxicity instead of pointing it out (again...)

since we all know it’s there, and it’s always going to be there.

or why not say some ways you can fight against it/avoid it since we’ve all experienced it.

You first.
  • cal50
    cal50
    ✭✭✭
    Well do what we say or kick us.

THIS
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ran pug with a few healrs that yelled at dps and tanks for dying or taking damage and then refused to heal them for not playing the way the healer thinks is proper to play.

yes usually it is the high cp DPS that are the most toxic in pug, but sometimes its the healer and it always feels weird getting a healer like that

Someone who is having a bad day could manifest toxicity
    healers have to deal with the issue that their entire play experience in a dungeon is dependent upon the rest of the group

this is where the question of what the threshold for toxicity is arises
    if a DPS goes into a dungeon and repeatedly taunts the boss and breaks the Tank's aggro --
    is the Tank toxic for getting upset with the DPS, or is the DPS toxic for messing with the Tank's play mechanics

when healing, the only DPS that really aggravate me are lowbie archers who try to capitalize on range
    it does not protect them from damage nearly as much as they seem to expect, but it does mean they do not get healed with the rest of the party
    and require me to target swap to keep them alive or rez them over and over
    in attempt to mitigate personal toxicity, my preferred way to address is the issue is "hey _____, even tho you are using a bow it would be easier to keep you alive if you group up with the party"
    and then consider them the lowest priority target to heal until they do so

maybe that request makes me toxic -- maybe playing at range rather than working with the party makes the DPS toxic

as a Poison type poképug am immune to toxicity tho B)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the toon.. it's the people playing whatever toon are toxic.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the most toxic people are the people that play recklessly because a healer is available. Not trying to keep up their own heals epecting the healer to save them through the whole fight. A lot of the dungeons don’t even need a healer. No matter what game it is people will always blame the healer for their own poor play.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    toxic-avenger-road-cone-hat-o.gif
    Hmmm thanks for my next DD's name: toxic healer...now I just need to make em look like the toxic avenger and pug random dungeons healing with the broom...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on May 19, 2018 4:43PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    I find it rather funny when I'm doing over 60% of the healing when I'm on my sap tank. Is the healer even TRYING to heal???

If on trash yeah - you might well be. That's how sap essence works.

If on a boss there's no excuse.

But then again on my NB DPS, without even sap essence, just my funnel will get up to 40% heals sometimes if the healer is herpderpin.

combat metrics isnt very accurate in group numbers.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see toxic people complaining about other toxic people. Some of them don't even know they're toxic.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I'm lucky. I don't recall having a toxic healer.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    I find it rather funny when I'm doing over 60% of the healing when I'm on my sap tank. Is the healer even TRYING to heal???

If on trash yeah - you might well be. That's how sap essence works.

If on a boss there's no excuse.

But then again on my NB DPS, without even sap essence, just my funnel will get up to 40% heals sometimes if the healer is herpderpin.

combat metrics isnt very accurate in group numbers.

Yeps I knows but failing anything else, it's what there is.

Also as I said: if the healer is herpderpin and let's face it: sometimes they do!
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    aPj6B4w_700b.jpg
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aPj6B4w_700b.jpg

It forgot...sorry the fake tank ran 3 battles ahead leaving a hall full of angry mobs that we have to somehow fight through now.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt matter what role someone plays, if they are grouped with incompetence, they will probably rage.
    I refuse to pug on a tank or healer because it is by far the most frustrating thing you can do in ESO. Im sure many support players feel the same, which means less join the queue, which is why dps queue times are so long.
    In summary, the better you are at the game, the less toxicity you will see.
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    For some reason this thread sounded funny to me at a first glance. I guess it's because it kinda assumes healers are somehow more altruistic or "good" people in-game - a little bit like real life doctors or nurses maybe. But in truth, any kind of person could be playing a healer, so being toxic has nothing to do with the role but the personality of the said player.

I've healed in ESO since launch, and a lot of times I get frustrated if I join a pug where the group is just so bad. I rarely waste my energy being toxic though, I usually give my advice once or twice, and if nobody listen I just leave the group. It's not worth to waste my limited play time either raging/being mean or spending an eternity trying to clear easy content with super bad players.

And yes, decent or good players don't really need healers at normal dungeons, and also some vet dungeons can be completed without a healer. Bad players though, they really need the healer.... And ofc trials are a totally different story.

However, I have never found it difficult to find groups for pledges/dungeon runs. That's why I will rather just leave a group than bash my head against a brick wall. Usually I run with guildies.

But I have no halo above my head even though I main a healer. o:)
    Edited by Calandrae on May 28, 2018 5:01AM