The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

luxury furniture lately

immozz01
immozz01
✭✭✭
im disappointed (VERY) but lets make a discussion before I make an endlessly long monologue :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the items, I really hate the prices.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting on the return of the Dwemer items...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on the return of the Dwemer items...

Me too. And velothi stuff.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't it suppose to be imperial statues or dark brotherhood now? and I mean statueS, luxury should provide a collection of items, two old ones and one new item is barely worth a walk to cold harbour worth..
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    We should be getting the imperial statues next weekend and hopefully they add one new extra item. I'll be really disappointed if the cycle breaks though, I want to get all of the statues this time.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said we would be getting 3 old items and 1 new....yet we get new items only again. Are we going back to the old items again next weekend?

They can't stick to a solid plan it seems...
    Edited by makreth on May 12, 2018 11:39AM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the dark brotherhood stained glass but have no idea when or if they come back.
    I had expected them by now.

Missed out on those as it was during my short eso break last year.
    Tried buying them in guild stores but prices in there make CS look like a bargain shop and i gave up.

Not all interested in skeletons and bones dont understand whats so luxury about those but each their own.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    I want the dark brotherhood stained glass but have no idea when or if they come back.

Tried buying them in guild stores but prices in there make CS look like a bargain shop and i gave up.

Not all interested in skeletons and bones dont understand whats so luxury about those but each their own.

The stained glass window I expect 3 weeks from now if they keep up the old order of things as they done up till now.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    They said we would be getting 3 old items and 1 new....yet we get new items only again. Are we going back to the old items again next weekend?

In the old item weeks there were 2 weeks there were no new items at all. Those two weeks in the line up have been filled with these "necromancer' items it seems. So I expect them to go back to the old items next weekend.

I was actually looking forward to necromancer items. But I bought none as big giant grey rocks with occasionally a skull dotted on them are not quite what I was hoping for. I have no room/use for them and they are way way overpriced. I hoped for some skull faced books, creepy candles, an altar, maybe a skeleton or other necromancers project.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I generally go for lighting.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish for a red lighting

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some furnishings should be available longer, or have other ways to get them.
    Also there are quite few each week despite countless requests for specific items.

My suggestion is to introduce them gradually in the game as blueprints after one year cycle, and bring only new ones at the vendor. Unfortunately I don't see any sign that our feedback is heard regarding the furnishings we want
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luxury Furniture is perfectly balanced now. It has assortment of items for any taste.

Some people need plants and flowers, other look for torture devices. Some people need small lanterns with lush golden decor, other want impressive statues of an impressive size. Every week luxury items find their owners. Every week someone becomes happy.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Luxury Furniture is perfectly balanced now. It has assortment of items for any taste.

Some people need plants and flowers, other look for torture devices. Some people need small lanterns with lush golden decor, other want impressive statues of an impressive size. Every week luxury items find their owners. Every week someone becomes happy.

Yes
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orticia wrote: »
    makreth wrote: »

In the old item weeks there were 2 weeks there were no new items at all. Those two weeks in the line up have been filled with these "necromancer' items it seems. So I expect them to go back to the old items next weekend.

I was actually looking forward to necromancer items. But I bought none as big giant grey rocks with occasionally a skull dotted on them are not quite what I was hoping for. I have no room/use for them and they are way way overpriced. I hoped for some skull faced books, creepy candles, an altar, maybe a skeleton or other necromancers project.

The two weeks without items I believe was related to a bug with the Craglorn items, which should have shown up then, but had actually overlapped with another set (the sigils, I think). They then re-released the Craglorn items later. Also, the items previously released did not fill up an entire year, and they started the cycle over sooner than when they were originally introduced, so we've got several "free" weeks for them to introduce new stuff. I expect we'll get some new Alinor-themed items around the launch of SS.

So, we SHOULD in theory still get all the previous items re-released, but then again, they may still decide not to release certain items to make room for new ones. I've gotten most of the items I wanted that I passed on the first time around due to lack of sufficient funds. But, there are still a few themes I'd like to get, namely DB and the statues.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us hadn't even started playing, or were still broke n00bs when the luxury items started. I think rereleasing them is a good idea because there are new markets for them all the time.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Some of us hadn't even started playing, or were still broke n00bs when the luxury items started. I think rereleasing them is a good idea because there are new markets for them all the time.

It's a good point. After the limited exclusivity that some people adore, you can also sell the items. So, even when it is almost a duplicate of, say, an achievement item, it still has the extra benefit of not binding.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be very happy if all items were re-released, as so far I keep forgetting to go and have a look, even after reading the useful weekly post. :/
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I think ZOS should double the number of weekly luxury items and half the price. This way we would be spending at least the same amount of gold, or, I would guess, even more due to the variety. And just by looking at the world around, one could see that there are lots of candidates for luxury furnishings
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I think ZOS should double the number of weekly luxury items and half the price. This way we would be spending at least the same amount of gold, or, I would guess, even more due to the variety. And just by looking at the world around, one could see that there are lots of candidates for luxury furnishings

totally agree, tbh Idc much about the price of items but as I posted before its stupidly easy for them to list more items, 2 old+1 new I hardly can call a collection of items available. list 10, something of all sorts, whats the hard bit there?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just frothing at the mouth to finally get the statues back this week. Or more to the point - statue bases.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thats why I cringe at luxury furniture complaint threads. I didnt care much about the necromancer theme, but I LOVED the Divines theme few weeks before. I know people who were vice versa. This is a good thing. Besides, I doubt most of our in game wallets would do well if every week had furniture we wanted.
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on May 17, 2018 6:16PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thats why I cringe at luxury furniture complaint threads. I didnt care much about the necromancer theme, but I LOVED the Divines theme the two weeks before. I know people who were vice versa. This is a good thing. Besides, I doubt most of our in game wallets would do well if every week had furniture we wanted.

Yep...I agree. I missed out on some of the early ones the first time around since I either didn't have the gold or didn't have/see a use for them. I've picked up most of what I had passed on last time, but there are still some things I'd like to get. And, when there are weeks with items I don't want, it just means I can save my gold for next time.

I know there were some complaints when they announced that they were re-releasing items, mostly from the players that made a fortune charging double/triple (on XB NA, at least) for items that were no longer available. In fact, shortly after the announcement, I saw a single peach wedding blossom listed at one trader for 1M gold (I kid you not)!
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thats why I cringe at luxury furniture complaint threads. I didnt care much about the necromancer theme, but I LOVED the Divines theme the two weeks before. I know people who were vice versa. This is a good thing. Besides, I doubt most of our in game wallets would do well if every week had furniture we wanted.

Yep...I agree. I missed out on some of the early ones the first time around since I either didn't have the gold or didn't have/see a use for them. I've picked up most of what I had passed on last time, but there are still some things I'd like to get. And, when there are weeks with items I don't want, it just means I can save my gold for next time.

I know there were some complaints when they announced that they were re-releasing items, mostly from the players that made a fortune charging double/triple (on XB NA, at least) for items that were no longer available. In fact, shortly after the announcement, I saw a single peach wedding blossom listed at one trader for 1M gold (I kid you not)!

Hahaha I remember the friday night the wedding stuff made a return, some players were buying flowers cheap via lux trader yet selling them at the old prices in chat, trying to screw someone over who hadnt yet realized the cycle had just restarted. I spent much time in chat calling those players out
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Hahaha I remember the friday night the wedding stuff made a return, some players were buying flowers cheap via lux trader yet selling them at the old prices in chat, trying to screw someone over who hadnt yet realized the cycle had just restarted. I spent much time in chat calling those players out

As is right and proper.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orticia wrote: »
    pattyLtd wrote: »

The stained glass window I expect 3 weeks from now if they keep up the old order of things as they done up till now.

@Orticia oh cool, tyvm for the info :)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They really need to add non-DB stained glass to the rotation.

Like the stained glass at the last boss in the coldharbour dungeon (Vaults?). And from practically any church, especially some of those in Cyrodiil.

• Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy the luxury furniture every week and store them in my bank, yet the only homes I own are the free rooms you get for the different alliances. I think I have a problem. I keep convincing myself that I will use the furniture some day and if I don't get it while it's available, I'll somehow regret it.

This will be perfect for my dungeon, this will be perfect for my garden, I could make an awesome weapon display with this, this could create an epic crafting area...

Meanwhile it's taking up like 1/3 of my bank.

Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and there goes another 300k on furniture I have no where to put :D
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade