The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alt toons as npcs in homes

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you be in favor if you are able to have your alt toons as npcs in your home(s)? Feel free to explain your choice and include suggestions as to how to work this.

Alt toons as npcs in homes 76 votes

Yes (and why)
93%
holdfasthope33_ESOGilvothkrisor67_ESOMisterBigglesworthCatsmoke14PheefsYusufAelorinixieDUTCH_REAPERphaneub17_ESOMattock_RomuluscamelliaAjaxandrielOmniDoEldenser12StreegabadmojoG1CountdownHymzir 71 votes
No (and why)
3%
idkS_RavenlockLariana 3 votes
Other
2%
NovaMarxJaimeh 2 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I made Strident Springs into a clockwork workshop and it would be pretty awesome to see my alts getting to use it.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It’s already my headcanon that all my toons hang around in my house when I’m not logged on, but to have them there as unmoving NPCs (like Tythis and Nuzhimeh) would feel a bit strange. It would be nice however, if it were possible for a toon to maintain a pose upon logging out, like sitting on chair for example, so when one logged in with toon #2, they could see toon#1 sitting in the chair. Not sure how this could be implemented though.
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Would be nice to have all your toons in a home, that way it wont look so empty.
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I like the idea they live in different houses I own already, It'd be great to actually see them there when I visit.

If you are offline and people visit the house, they could still see you there - and you can show off skins and gear/costumes without having to be online.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    By doing this they can increase sales of emotes, outfits, and personalities, if you could log out your characters in specific poses, personality, or places. I would have my stamina chars standing guard around the place in matching outfits. My two love birds will sit in the throne room together and my main would kneel before them like the knight he is.

More furniture purchases for more RPG centric layouts like having my casters standing in a circle channeling a ritual. Or make them look like they're sparring in a training room. The khajiits would be lying around lazily with the senche mounts and pets.
  • Quicknez
    Quicknez
    Yes (and why)
    Because we are family, sort of
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I would love to have em all together for a screenshot and make homes look more realistic
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Just because that's awesome .
  • pastygamer
    pastygamer
    ✭✭
    Great suggestion!

Would also like to be able to have the NPC sweeper guy, entertainers, guards, etc to place around my house.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Be nice to make any home a base for my characters, like that is there meeting place/den.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Yes
    Why? Because our estates just look like DEAD places already
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Homes wouldn't feel so empty
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    Imo, it would give me incentive to get one of the larger houses
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    pastygamer wrote: »
    Great suggestion!

Would also like to be able to have the NPC sweeper guy, entertainers, guards, etc to place around my house.

Im surprised Zos hasnt thought of this...
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I would love to be able to place them!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make houses feel less empty.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    We have beds, we have sleep emotes, why not combine them, and let characters not currently in use sleep in the beds? Especially in the larger homes, it provides a reason to have more than one.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I would love to take it one step further. The ability to log into an alt by interacting with them in your house. Instead of having to log off and then back on, you could just choose the Alt and the game does it for you.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I would love to take it one step further. The ability to log into an alt by interacting with them in your house. Instead of having to log off and then back on, you could just choose the Alt and the game does it for you.

That would be an interesting thing to impliment, perhaps a dialogue option to swap toons without logging out (of course there would be a load screen) I'll even 1 up you on that, to allow you to directly trade items and gear with your alts
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

That would be an interesting thing to impliment, perhaps a dialogue option to swap toons without logging out (of course there would be a load screen) I'll even 1 up you on that, to allow you to directly trade items and gear with your alts

Trading gear directly to Alts would be the the best.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    I say you should be able to go into House edit mode with each of your toons and Set your charecter with an emote, such as /sitchair or /lute where ever you want them to show up. And once you are logged off of them they show up that way. So you can do this with each of your toons, or maybe limit it to 8 slots as that is what the Game shipped with
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought this would be a great thing to do as well. And maybe assign your toons emotes so when so go into your house if feels like there's something going on there rather than having them just standing around
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Lol missed the post above mine
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    it will probably get abused with naked characters doing strange things in beds or dungeons or whatever.

A big no
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could sell profession based personalities for the NPCs. You could get one cooking, one cleaning the floors, one scantily clad and loung... Anyway.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    it will probably get abused with naked characters doing strange things in beds or dungeons or whatever.

A big no

Well if thats a problem for you why even go to that house? LIke no one is going to place a Naked toon in your house...
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • mjstevenson1.msb16_ESO
    It is a great idea to have your own toons in your house acting with emotes when they off line. An have purchasable NPC toons like suggested is appsolutely brilliant. Unfortunately ZOS does not read too many of these ideas and have not got the imagination to think of it unlike all the players who really get involved with the game.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes (and why)
    this would be so awesome.

and, it would also allow you to put armor on them like they were maniquins.
    and, it would make me feel not so lonely allways seeing no one is at my house, having my alts there would make it feel alive and awesome.