Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impact of mage champion point rebalances

• GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Asayre is the below chart still correct? I was adjusting my points in Thaumaturge today and 51 points = 19% and 52 points = 19.24%.

Thank you so much! You are a genius and I appreciate all you do!

Jump points apply to most percentage based stars except for those that apply a cost reduction. List of current jump points
    7c86a11903b3c9df1d9b3526c58b2bff.png
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GCVDJ11T wrote: »
    I was adjusting my points in Thaumaturge today and 51 points = 19% and 52 points = 19.24%.

I believe it's because 51 points is not acutally 19% but more like 18.9something rounded up in the UI. So you need to go to 52 to get the jump point.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even understand.

me neither, can we get a dumb dumb translation please? could use it
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    I don't even understand.

For champion points calculated in percentages, only the whole number counts. So the term "jump point" refers to when you spend enough CP in a star to change up to the next whole number. You "jump" or ignore the numbers after the decimal point. For example, 12.04% or 12.68% should be read only as 12%. You need to spend a certain number of CP to "jump" to 13%. Due to diminishing returns, you might have to spend a lot of CP to get only another 1% increase in that star. The jump points chart shows how many CP it takes to get from one whole number percent to the next.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    51 points is 18.9975, assuming the formula is (2*x-x*x)*25 where x is 51/100.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    I don't even understand.

For champion points calculated in percentages, only the whole number counts. So the term "jump point" refers to when you spend enough CP in a star to change up to the next whole number. You "jump" or ignore the numbers after the decimal point. For example, 12.04% or 12.68% should be read only as 12%. You need to spend a certain number of CP to "jump" to 13%. Due to diminishing returns, you might have to spend a lot of CP to get only another 1% increase in that star. The jump points chart shows how many CP it takes to get from one whole number percent to the next.

oh! so my guessing over the years was right, i never trust .x% values because most games round them, glad that still applies
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.