The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anybody got a tin of 3 in 1 oil ?

Lunerdog
Lunerdog
✭✭✭✭✭
Well I had a crap load of crown gems laid about, so I bought the Dwarven Horse, think it looks great but man, when you gallop it sounds like a bunch of rampant honeymooners on a 70 year old bed.

That squeaking makes my teeth itch, I have a permenantly ruptured eardrum and the pitch of the squeaking makes it sound like the old fingernails down a blackboard thing.

Could I say, take a copy of the sound file for another horse and rename it so the game would use it for the Dwarven Horse ? Or is it bad doo doo to swap game files round etc ?

• Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be confident enough to mess with the game files, but I might have some WD40 in the shed you could borrow...
    PC EU & NA
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have drum of WD40, your welcome to some
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with the new legendary frost mounts. I got the senche and when I use it, it sounds like a keychain with 600 keys on it rattling. Very weird.

No clue what makes it sound that way but it does.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would have to decompile the respurces, change them and then recompile them, so while possible, would be against just about every rule out there.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    You would have to decompile the respurces, change them and then recompile them, so while possible, would be against just about every rule out there.

Drat, oh well, looks like it's an ear plug job for my right lughole if I want to ride my new mount :/
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I was lucky enough to get a Dwarven Guar when we got our free Dwarven crown crates last year.

I love the Dwarven Guar mount but I don't use it any longer as I swapped it for the Leopard Senche we got for free recently, simply because it is quiet when riding except for the occasional growl.

The Dwarven Guar makes my ears (figuratively) bleed when I mount it.

It would be awesome if we could selectively adjust the volume on these things. :) Please ZOS.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm really glad I saved my gems for the next mounts now :D
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it sound like Laurel or Yanny?
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly some rides makes so much undesirable sounds I don't use them.

And after years of collecting I end up with the regular horses and guars. They still look the best IMO.

I bring out my unicorns for the parades but that is rare these days.

If we could change the sound theme at least locally that would be great.

also #toggleablebattlemusic while we're at it :wink:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow what are the three things this magical oil does
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so these functions exist with the game and I think they can be hooked with the LUA API

[AUDIO_SETTING_AMBIENT_VOLUME] =
    {
    controlType = OPTIONS_SLIDER,
    system = SETTING_TYPE_AUDIO,
    settingId = AUDIO_SETTING_AMBIENT_VOLUME,
    panel = SETTING_PANEL_AUDIO,
    text = SI_AUDIO_OPTIONS_AMBIENT_VOLUME,
    tooltipText = SI_AUDIO_OPTIONS_AMBIENT_VOLUME_TOOLTIP,
    minValue = 0,
    maxValue = 100,
    showValue = true,
    eventCallbacks =
    {
    ["SoundEnabled_On"] = ZO_Options_SetOptionActive,
    ["SoundEnabled_Off"]= ZO_Options_SetOptionInactive,
    },
    onReleasedHandler = function() PlaySound(SOUNDS.VOLUME_DING_AMBIENT) end,
    gamepadIsEnabledCallback = IsSoundEnabled,
    },
    --Options_Audio_SFXVolume
    [AUDIO_SETTING_SFX_VOLUME] =
    {
    controlType = OPTIONS_SLIDER,
    system = SETTING_TYPE_AUDIO,
    settingId = AUDIO_SETTING_SFX_VOLUME,
    panel = SETTING_PANEL_AUDIO,
    text = SI_AUDIO_OPTIONS_SFX_VOLUME,
    tooltipText = SI_AUDIO_OPTIONS_SFX_VOLUME_TOOLTIP,
    minValue = 0,
    maxValue = 100,
    showValue = true,
    eventCallbacks =
    {
    ["SoundEnabled_On"] = ZO_Options_SetOptionActive,
    ["SoundEnabled_Off"]= ZO_Options_SetOptionInactive,
    },
    onReleasedHandler = function() PlaySound(SOUNDS.VOLUME_DING_SFX) end,
    gamepadIsEnabledCallback = IsSoundEnabled,
    },

I am going to do some testing to see if mount noises are sfx or ambient and what else is affected if those noises are filtered out or turned off.

It may wind up being something that isn't possible to turn off only the mount, but I'm thinking ambient sounds may be things like mounts. It could also be native speaking NPC too though, all the chatter you hear in the background.

I'll report back
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so I searched esoui for that function to see if there was something already written I could test.

Turns out there was an addon written in 2015 that handles this for you

Just install this:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/download921-AudioControlDoctor

into your you /documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

and then go into your keybindings and scroll down until you see Audio Doctor

What you are looking for is called "footsteps" just toggle it off and goodbye annoying mount noise. You can also use these functions to toggle and turn down individual layers of the audio, it works as of today may 2018 on the PC NA server.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh you will have to turn off sfx while riding any "apex" mount too, that will remove both the "chattering" and the "special" effects of these mounts. Its easy to put both of them on a function key and hit it after you mount and then again after you dismount, its not perfect but it will work if you want to use these mounts
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so I searched esoui for that function to see if there was something already written I could test.

Turns out there was an addon written in 2015 that handles this for you

Just install this:

into your you /documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns

and then go into your keybindings and scroll down until you see Audio Doctor

What you are looking for is called "footsteps" just toggle it off and goodbye annoying mount noise. You can also use these functions to toggle and turn down individual layers of the audio, it works as of today may 2018 on the PC NA server.

Thanks Yoda

I'll grab it and give it a try :)

PS: Have an awesome on me, for like, you know, being awesome ;)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, by nature I love to solve problems so you gave me something to do!

Hope it helps and you can enjoy the game a little bit more
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    I swapped it for the Leopard Senche we got for free recently

I already purchased the Senche-Leopard back when it was available in the Crown Store in 2015, but I must have missed the event where players got it for free recently. What was the promotion?
    PC NA
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you preordered summerset @ziogio
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    If you preordered summerset @ziogio

Ah, the Nightmare Senche. Gotcha. Thanks, @yodased. I was confused when @MrGarlic said Leopard Senche.
    PC NA
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, No. Nightmare senche and leopard senche are different. The nightmare one was offered for pre-purchase of Summerset and I forget why we got the leopard one. Maybe it was for server problems last year. Dunno, my memory is not so good in my old age. Might even have been in a free crown crate. I really can't remember.
    zgUoCoz.jpg
    MgJeTfI.jpg
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yodased is awesome .
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lunerdog wrote: »
    Well I had a crap load of crown gems laid about, so I bought the Dwarven Horse, think it looks great but man, when you gallop it sounds like a bunch of rampant honeymooners on a 70 year old bed.

That squeaking makes my teeth itch, I have a permenantly ruptured eardrum and the pitch of the squeaking makes it sound like the old fingernails down a blackboard thing.

Could I say, take a copy of the sound file for another horse and rename it so the game would use it for the Dwarven Horse ? Or is it bad doo doo to swap game files round etc ?

Just be thankful you are not riding the Dwarven Bear. Man not only noisy, but like all bears, you lope so lopsidedly, it actually makes one sea-sick! What a combo.
  • GizmoX64
    GizmoX64
    ✭✭
    ...keybindings and scroll down until you see Audio Doctor, "footsteps" just toggle it off and goodbye annoying mount noise.

Nice I saw this before, but never had such an annoying mount.
    Maybe it could be updated to auto detect if one is mounted or not.

Maybe we can hotkey it to "H" as well, which would be perfect, but it will probably say some nonsense about already bound to Mount; even though the game itself multibinds one key to various actions.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Mind Shriven Horse is another mount that has super annoying sound effects.

I think the designers do this on purpose.

"We will give them the most amazing mount and give it horrific sound effects to torture them with. Bwahahaha."
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Theres an addon to fix that as someone posted above but if you want to get rid of the sound just go into your collections; under mounts tab it will display other mounts with nice sound effects...

Millenial problems.