Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is burning spell weave hard to get?

crooksy80
crooksy80
I've been chest farming COA1 chests currently opened 100 chests with treasure hunter and I've to to get a single sword, staff or shield?

Best Answer

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more than any other dungeon set that you want. Its all RNG, but sometimes you'd swear that ZOS knows what you want and is hiding it.

Maybe try running the dungeon with guildies who are willing to give you the pieces you need, to maximize your chances?
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 17, 2018 2:46PM
    Answer ✓
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chests are very inefficient. Pug COA1 on normal, there are almost always people farming it. You can normally finish a set in a day or two, unless you're looking for a really specific weapon.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not got any weapons from chests yet either...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep just rng unfortunately. Iirc there’s a unique resto staff that can drop from one of the bosses in coa1 but I’m guessing that’s not the staff you’re looking for. There aren’t any unique inferno staves, swords, or shields that I know of. If a dagger would suffice, the fire maw in coa2 can drop a unique one.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as others have said.... should be the same rng as other dungeons .... from the chests ive gotten sword, shield, inferno staff, ice staff, lightning staff, and resto staff ... so they ARE out there .... its all just rng
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last boss of the dungeon is your best chance. They are the only boss guaranteed to drop weapons, shields, and jewelry. Unless there is a named piece, those drop from specific bosses.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, if you do not yet ( dont see it mentioned at all ) its always a good idea esp when farming chests ) to have the treasure hunter passive in the green shadow tree
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons are hard armor and jewelry is not. Best way is pre made group one vet one normal and repeat, drops seem better on normal use group find for damage buff.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not difficult until you need a specific piece.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crooksy80 Depends on the parts you're after, in chests the loot table is full (Armor, jewelry, weapons from the 3 sets or well, nothing at all) when you kill a specific boss, like say the last one, youre guaranteed a weapon or a jewelry piece.

In short, chests make RNG worse, its better to focus on the bosses and have some friends to share loot.
  • crooksy80
    crooksy80
    Thanks for the replys guys I've been fighting the bosses to, I get usually 2 chests and complete the dung with a friend and no luck :/ been here for like 5 hours haha
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    farmed this for...1 month easy before Morrowind. Took me that long to get all pieces I needed.

2x sharp 1h swords was painful, but IIR getting the pants in divine (prior to transmute station) was horrific.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that the legs in a good trait (moot point now with Transmutation) and the weapons are elusive. I had a BSW Inferno drop in training last month. The first BSW Destro I ever saw drop in at least 50 runs or more over the years. Haven’t been farming that hardcore.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • crooksy80
    crooksy80
    Yeah I'm looking a sword and an inferno staff dont care what trait but it seems impossible haha
  • Black12Jack44
    Good luck. Know this can be frustrating. I pretty much have just started focusing on sets you can craft just because I got tired of farming and often found it not very fun.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have a hard time getting it at all when I went through CoA with my group.

We have an understanding of what armor type each player wears, or we will discus with each other what we are looking for in the dungeon before going in. If we find a weapon/armor piece for the set someone wants, when we are out of combat, we will just give it to the person who is looking for it. For example, on my DK, I was looking for Burning Spellweave, I only found one piece of it. Two friends in my group found about 3 pieces each of it, so they gave it all to me. Now, what I did find were pieces of the sets they were looking for, so I gave the pieces to them.

With just our first run and the pieces they game me, I had 5 out of 5 pieces needed for the set.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • crooksy80
    crooksy80
    I didn't have a hard time getting it at all when I went through CoA with my group.

We have an understanding of what armor type each player wears, or we will discus with each other what we are looking for in the dungeon before going in. If we find a weapon/armor piece for the set someone wants, when we are out of combat, we will just give it to the person who is looking for it. For example, on my DK, I was looking for Burning Spellweave, I only found one piece of it. Two friends in my group found about 3 pieces each of it, so they gave it all to me. Now, what I did find were pieces of the sets they were looking for, so I gave the pieces to them.

With just our first run and the pieces they game me, I had 5 out of 5 pieces needed for the set.
    I'm doing it with my friends same problem tho rng is just terrible
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't gotten the shield to drop for me.The game has been quite cheeky though and I have a shield from almost every other set.. :|
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chests are very inefficient. Pug COA1 on normal, there are almost always people farming it. You can normally finish a set in a day or two, unless you're looking for a really specific weapon.

Don't random queue though, you will likely not have a full group of cp 160+.