Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why would anyone do DLC pledges on Vet HM?

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
what's the reward for all the suffering we go through specially for HM one extra key?

Why is it so unrewarding, why doesn't it give a gold trasmutation pack or 4 keys??

Other than people who do it without the pledge anyways why would anyone do it??

Just do it on normal and get the same 1 key, specially the only velidrith and zaan are the only 2 monster sets worth anything from dlc dungeons
  • matt.thrall_ESO
    matt.thrall_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Because it's fun.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont sleep on chudan and amberplasm, but I agree though, in the time you would have run through a vet hm dlc you can bang out 3 or 4 normals
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because HM gives a guaranteed motif page also, and besides, if you can do HM, why wouldn’t you? HM might be very hard with a PuG, but if you’re lucky and are with a good group, it’s entirely doable.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    +1 to @Feanor
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just the risk reward of pugging vet hm dlc is not worth it.

I already know both motifs, have all gear and helms. Have 100+ keys for chests, so why would i waste 30-40 minutes on a dlc pug when i could be done with all 3 pledges by then.

If someone needs skin or mptif, sure ill help, but pugging? No thanks in general. Sure you could get a group that squads up immediately and it meshes. But thats jappened to me maybe 10 times in 4 years
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's the reward for all the suffering we go through specially for HM one extra key?

Why is it so unrewarding, why doesn't it give a gold trasmutation pack or 4 keys??

Just do it on normal and get the same 1 key, specially the only velidrith and zaan are the only 2 monster sets worth anything from dlc dungeons

Skins
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Its just the risk reward of pugging vet hm dlc is not worth it.

I already know both motifs, have all gear and helms. Have 100+ keys for chests, so why would i waste 30-40 minutes on a dlc pug when i could be done with all 3 pledges by then.

If someone needs skin or mptif, sure ill help, but pugging? No thanks in general. Sure you could get a group that squads up immediately and it meshes. But thats jappened to me maybe 10 times in 4 years

Sure. More often than not a PuG won’t even be able to do the Vet Version without HM. That’s why I don’t PuG the DLC dungeons at all, as my experience with pugging the non-DLC ones hasn’t been very encouraging mostly.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skins

Have
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. because you have to be on vet to do HM and get 2 keys.
    2. If you actually do it regularly vet becomes much easier. There was a time vCoH and vCoA were challenging. We did it regularly and they became easy fast.

Why would anyone question why people would do DLC pledges on vet?
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    1. because you have to be on vet to do HM and get 2 keys.
    2. If you actually do it regularly vet becomes much easier. There was a time vCoH and vCoA were challenging. We did it regularly and they became easy fast.

Why would anyone question why people would do DLC pledges on vet?

beacause even exp players fail at them sometimes cause they have a lot of factors and mistakes can be so easy, thing is if you want skins, motifs, monster helms and you don't pug then whether its a pledge or not doesnt matter do it whenever you want. But as a pledge why would you do it on HM if the only reward is just one extra key?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun, learning them, achievements.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Achievements.
    2. Were the people selling those Motif pages to you guys who don't run it for at min 10K+
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    1. Achievements.
    2. Were the people selling those Motif pages to you guys who don't run it for at min 10K+

IC and DB dungeons dont drop motifs, and besides you can gey those motifs anytime since you don't pug you can do it whenever doesn't have to be a pledge.

Also I occasionally run them on HM just to challenge myself, but most days I skip them
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on May 16, 2018 3:57PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Achievements.

IC and DB dungeons dont drop motifs, and besides you can gey those motifs anytime since you don't pug you can do it whenever doesn't have to be a pledge.

Also I occasionally run them on HM just to challenge myself, but most days I skip them

IC doesn't, but IC dungeons are much easier then the others anyway. So not much reason not to.

Dragon bones will have motif pages soon.
    Edited by karekiz on May 16, 2018 4:07PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify i came into this assuming pug because if you have a squad how is this an issue?
    Edited by yodased on May 16, 2018 4:09PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because it is fun.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC pledges on Vet HM is for the Adrenaline Rage Players so stay out of their lane or get owned
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Achievements.

IC doesn't, but IC dungeons are much easier then the others anyway. So not much reason not to.

Dragon bones will have motif pages soon.

But they weren't at one time. Once people refused to do IC dungeons on HM Now that people have done them enough most PuGs can do them without a problem.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But they weren't at one time. Once people refused to do IC dungeons on HM Now that people have done them enough most PuGs can do them without a problem.

Well he isn't talking about a year ago. I assume OP means right now on why *some* people would like to do it.

Let me clarify:

If your group isn't getting through vet DLC easily enough then of course you can skip HM, but there are certainly reasons to do it on HM.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys you are missing the point, I'm not saying why should people do Vet DLC dungeons HM I'm saying why would people do DLC pledges HM. You can do the dungeons for achievements loot and challenge, but as for me for example I got all the achivements if IC and SoTH dungeons so why would I ever do them as a pledge again?

Also my point is that they need to be more rewarding
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on May 16, 2018 4:20PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming that you're just doing the DLC dungeon for the pledge and NOTHING else (no motifs, achievements, etc. needed) it calls to question, why are you doing pledges at all? If you don't want the extra key, you clearly don't need anything from the Chests and you have everything from the dungeon already so why run it in the 1st place?
    Argonian forever
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming that you're just doing the DLC dungeon for the pledge and NOTHING else (no motifs, achievements, etc. needed) it calls to question, why are you doing pledges at all? If you don't want the extra key, you clearly don't need anything from the Chests and you have everything from the dungeon already so why run it in the 1st place?

Well I do them for keys and transmutation crystals, if it wasn't for that I probably wouldnt be doing pledges. The one extra key is not worth the effort though unless it is more rewarding than the standard non dlc dungeon
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I can. And it's fun. If you guys don't have fun without special rewards, I would say you need to quit and play other games.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because why not? It’s fun.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys you are missing the point, I'm not saying why should people do Vet DLC dungeons HM I'm saying why would people do DLC pledges HM. You can do the dungeons for achievements loot and challenge, but as for me for example I got all the achivements if IC and SoTH dungeons so why would I ever do them as a pledge again?

Also my point is that they need to be more rewarding

They will be soon(tm). I believe they are upping the minimum crystal amount.

Point is though, all the reasons to do HM still stand if it's a pledge. Why not try to hit multiple birds (achievements, fun, learn the dungeon AND the pledge) with one stone?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I‘m still looking for the Scalecaller HM and Vet Fang Lair clears myself. It’s not easy when play time is limited.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs not the best argument since ZOS handing them out by the dozen during events, basically killing their own incentive.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the rewards for HM DLCs could use a small buff, but other than the most recent DLCs and maybe COS, they dont take that much more time and arent quite as much of a faceroll. Plus, you get an extra key, so why wouldnt you? Pretty much all Vet DLCs (non hardmode) are essentially a stack and burn fight at this point. Also, some of the vet DLCs give guaranteed motif drops on HM, so you know, GOLD!!!

WGT can be essentially be nuked on regular vet. You can get so far ahead on that fight that the boss just stands there and half the mechanics dont even happen. At least HM makes the burn phase interesting, and you just might see an atro.

ICP is a joke on regular vet. I havent seen that boss go up in the air in like 2 years. Nuke, split, nuke split, repeat. At least HM keeps you on your toes with meteors.

ROM, I honestly dont even notice the difference between these two fights. A few more adds and a slightly more troubling burn phase. Nuke, kill the big add, nuke, kill the big add, dance for execute.

VCOS, Yep, this one I will admit that I skip the HM if I dont know the group. HM is a CF on this fight, but perfectly doable.

VBF and VFH, again, I dont notice a lot of difference here. Both of these dungeons I cleared on HM before regular, but these two are relatively easy. I think for these fights, most important thing is your tank is on their game. BF is the harder of the two, but both are perfectly doable.

Scalecaller and Fang Lair - Again, wont do these new ones on HM unless I know the group. The big thing on these, is that they simply require some coordination and planning. The regular versions, not so much. Like any of these dungeons, the latest ones should be the hardest and the mostly likely where HM will be skipped. These will be facerolls like the rest in 6 months. On regular vet, they are already facerolls. Neither are the hardest fight in their respective dungeons if you dont activate HM.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on May 16, 2018 5:24PM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugging them on pledge day, noo Noway never.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU