Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Its healers job to rezz dead people in vet dungoens , followed by DPS and finally tank.

Priyasekarssk
Priyasekarssk
✭✭✭✭✭
Every now and then its argued , that dps should rezz dead , because of some noob healers not understanding mechanics of the game and just want to watch what dps and tanks doing ? This game have passives only for healers for rezz people. No dps or Tank passives have that bonus. Templars has passive. Support passives from PVP. Followed by Lord in champion system. DPS has nothing do with lord champion tree. Its specifically meant for Tanks and healers. In hard dps race fights only healers have privilege of time in vet dungoens. No one needs heals all the time.

Is healer / Tank are meant only for fake healers not understanding their role just look what dps is doing ? At least tank has to hold aggro. Healer has plenty of time , excluding time to time debuffs. Even passives are meant only for healers. I literally hate fake healers just doing nothing in Vet dungeons ( mazzatum, falkreath , Direfrost ) , its hard dps race & healers have no contribution and loot monster sets , because of others hardwork.

Topic is only limited to Vet dungoens.
Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 17, 2018 5:58AM
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, tell this to the hundreds of leet DPS that dies as soon as i stop healing them and start rezzing someone
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healers rezzing means someone else could die so it's dps, tank, then healer in order of rezzing.
    Edited by Tasear on May 16, 2018 3:47PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS rez first because everyone dies if healer stops healing. IF the dungeon/trial is light on damage and everyone is comfortable with the mechanics then the healer can rez and the DPS can go about their business. But this should be agreed upon with your group ultimately. Imo DPS rez first, then I’d the situation gets really dire, the healer rez or the tank if the dead is close to them and they can hold taunt. Granted always expcsptions but this is general.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really depends on the situation.

As a templar healer though if people stay in my AoE heal and Mutagen is up it's normally fine if i do the rezzing. I also use to run with Kragenroc I always tried to since it cut the time in half.

That being said it does make it easier and more effecient if DD do the rezzing.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every now and then its argued , that dps should rezz dead , because of some noob healers not understanding mechanics of the game and just want to watch what dps and tanks doing ? This game have passives only for healers for rezz people.

I had no idea that it was impossible to gain AP and level up the support skill line.

I had no idea it was impossible for templars to be DPS or tanks.

I had no idea that so many DPS-relevant passives existed in other red-CP lines, and none in the Lord line. I guess no DPS ever receive heals or use damage shields.

Short version: lol it's the DPS's job to rez in most situations.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on May 16, 2018 3:12PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always assume I should resurrect as DD. It’s just less stress for everyone that way.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The passive for rez time reduction is class specific, not role specific. Any templar will have this passive.

The pvp passive is only functional in pvp areas, try to read the tooltip. It is also not limited to roles and is something every pvper has specced.

The only other source for rez time reduction is the set Kagrenac's Hope, which although being a solid set, is not used by many outside of pvp due to much better options for each role available.

This, in addition to what others have stated above, makes the whole original post.... wrong.
    Edited by Leandor on May 16, 2018 3:14PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop healing and someone else will die.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDs and everyone else can get the rez passive from PvP, my magsorc has it. If we're talking the same passive where it makes rezing someone a lot faster.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DPS in most cases when it comes to dungeons it is 100% better for me to stop and rez sombody while the healer keeps me and the other one alive.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it's the other DDs job, since not having a healer heal during difficult mechanic will most likely lead to a wipe. Also Master Ritualist is a Templar passive, and Templars can be DDs as well. For example most trial groups will bring a stamina Templar as buff *** support DD for Power of the Light skill (Minor Fracture & Breach -1320 physical and spell resistance) and Illumination passive (Minor Sorcery 5% spell damage). Often he's also on resurrecting duty.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Just tell me, how to stop DD's from rezing and force them to keep damaging and dodge red?
    My main wears SPC and Kagrenac's. She can rez really fast, but no, dumb DD's always try to stand in stupid and rezing.
    I'm tired of this.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really specific to what is happening in the moment. If it is a fight or phase where the damage incoming is relatively small or minimal the healer probably should rez if they are closest. However if it is a fight with lots of incoming damage it's dumb to have the healer stop healing to rez.

It's all situational. This isn't a black & white issue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly OP is not talking about challenging content or his comments would be very different.

Additionally,
    1. Templar Master Ritualist is available to all Templars, and all should take it. It is certainly not healer role specific.
    2. PvP res passive is only available in PvP. iirc it does not affect anything outside of PvP. Again, this is not healer role specific.
    3. Lord CP Bastion is not bad for magicka DPS (and healer) but besides that there are no healer specific.

For the most part the OP really seems like a rant vs offering advice and could explain why so much information provided in it is incorrect.

As for actual challenging content DPS are often mostly required to rez since Support roles are generally more critical. Heck, some top teams had a templar DPS in the group specifically to help rez players in vAS +2 progression when it first came out. I remember Alcast on his templar for that reason. It would have not been so bright making healers primary rezers.

Hope this helps @Priyasekarssk
    Edited by idk on May 16, 2018 3:29PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you just haven't played a healer in any reasonably difficult content OP.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the fight, in Zhaj'assa's shield phase (70% and 30% health) the off tank will most likely have nothing to do, (same thing when you hide behind the pillars). So Off tank will have plenty of time to rez someone. But in this very same shield phase, (half) the group is going to wipe if one healer suddenly stops healing to rez a noob DD who died earlier.
    In general it's DD -> Healer -> Tank. In many fights DDs can just place their dots and rez quickly without losing extensive amounts of DPS.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats wrong. Healers job is to heal, thats why he is called healer. If his job was to rez dead, he would be necromancer duh
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often I rez as healer in PUG dungeons because the DDs usually focus on their rotation or learning to play the game, and with the lack of voice comms we cant quickly inform them that somebody went down and needs a rez. As healer I am the one noticing it immediately so I am in the best position to get them up quickly. That said, when I start the rez I focus on the other group members and will not hesitate to stop rezzing and throw out some heals if needed.

But DDs should be the one rezzing, because wipes often happen if the healer dies trying to rez someone. As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.
    [DC/NA]
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Thats wrong. Healers job is to heal, thats why he is called healer. If his job was to rez dead, he would be necromancer duh

:D this needed to added to necromancer line xD. Instant res but at a cost.
    Edited by Tasear on May 16, 2018 3:43PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the situation.

As a templar healer though if people stay in my AoE heal and Mutagen is up it's normally fine if i do the rezzing. I also use to run with Kragenroc I always tried to since it cut the time in half.

That being said it does make it easier and more effecient if DD do the rezzing.
    This, as healer I see is part of our job to rez and if some fail on mechanic and dies healer rez, if group damage is very high, yes it might because tank is weak and dd stay in stupid but its still require constant heals so you can not pause.
    As DD if your health go up and down as crazy you know healer is busy.

Also waiting an few seconds, note that in some areas with lots of junk on the floor it might be hard to see the bodies, even on last boss in WGT it can be hard as they tend to be ash piles. If healer is running around he can not find body so if you see it rez.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Often I rez as healer in PUG dungeons because the DDs usually focus on their rotation or learning to play the game, and with the lack of voice comms we cant quickly inform them that somebody went down and needs a rez. As healer I am the one noticing it immediately so I am in the best position to get them up quickly. That said, when I start the rez I focus on the other group members and will not hesitate to stop rezzing and throw out some heals if needed.

But DDs should be the one rezzing, because wipes often happen if the healer dies trying to rez someone. As DD you arent actually needed, you simply speed up the process, tank and healer are everything and should not be put in the vulnerable position of having to rez.

I dont think so. All hard vet dungoen content, healer is the best choice for rezz. Healer will be in back, he has full view of all people. Healer have plenty of time . No one needs heals all the time except vet trials tricky situcations. If dps is going to rezz in tough dungoens like falkreath , good luck . What healer will do during same time ? Heal all the time !!! Adds will kill entire group in no time. DDs are not needed ? Good luck in clearing dungeons. I put a dps in healer slot when its dps race . Many dungeon group are already doing that.

Good luck with myth that when I stop healing some dies.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 4:05PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Lol, tell this to the hundreds of leet DPS that die as soon as i stop healing them and start rezzing someone
    This. It works best when the DPS does the rezzing, despite what the O.P. says.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Healers rezzing means someone else could die so it's dps, tank, then healer in order of rezzing.

I agree. DPS should be the first to start reviving.

Sadly, 99.99% of pug DPS with a dead teammate=

attack the boss, attack the boss, attack the boss, attack the boss.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    Well anyway it's always going to be the healers fault, tank keeps shield down dps with 12k health getting oneshotted but it's the healer that needs to rez them cause they're standing in the red
    :D
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good DDs don't die even without a healer. And the bad, dead ones, are not worthy the time spend on res, they would die again anyway :)

On the serious hand, in dungeons it's healer's job to res, in vet trials it's off-tank/DDs job.
    Yes.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Enslaved wrote: »

:D this needed to added to necromancer line xD. Instant res but at a cost.

Then DPS job is to DPS. Tank job is to tank. Is this an argument ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 4:01PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    ascan7 wrote: »
    Lol, tell this to the hundreds of leet DPS that die as soon as i stop healing them and start rezzing someone
    This. It works best when the DPS does the rezzing, despite what the O.P. says.

Works only in trials. That too, healer should heal the person while rezzing. you will have plenty of DPS, you wont notice huge difference. Vet dungeons ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on May 16, 2018 4:04PM
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the tank should res, as they can take much more damage and the healers should stay healing so that the tank does not die while rezzing someone.
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it does't make sense for the healer to stop healing the team for a rez, I get the logic that Templars have a slight passive that gives them a rez bonus, (but not all healers are templars).

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP