Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DW Ultimate Shouldn’t be purged

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This falls into the same reasoning as soul assault.

An ultimate shouldnt be completely negated by regular moves. This was stated in patch notes or Eso live and can’t find it.

Edited by Koolio on April 26, 2018 10:36PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree'd. Make Duel Wield great again.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. And make it a radial effect, so that it's kind of a Big Time Steel Tornado. This would be like how Soul Tether is a Big Time Sap Essence.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Absolutely. And make it a radial effect, so that it's kind of a Big Time Steel Tornado. This would be like how Soul Tether is a Big Time Sap Essence.

or if anything extent the range so it makes up for not being radial. its like a 2x2 square in front of you and its pitiful.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    Okay! I agree to this and it makes sense since its an ult.. but we need to look at the duration of the DOT... i think it needs to be reduced to be balance for pvp ,but for pve... reducing the duration will definitelly make the ult useless. Now since we are on the topic of making DOTs from some ults unpurgeable.. DB dots shouldnt be purgeable aswell.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then the one morph of the bow ultimate shouldnt be reflectable....
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry, but no thanks. I hate the new idiot proof ultimates, like unbashable soul assault, or unreflectable meteor.

It should be purgable, and what checkmate said above, bow ult should be reflectable. (also imo. Soul assault should be bashable and meteor reflectable, but eh.)
    Edited by ak_pvp on May 13, 2018 6:05PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity during channeled ults is absolutely reasonable, otherwise they are too inviable and everyone will only spam Dawnbreaker.

I think they all need counterplay though, so purging ults like DW and bow are fine by me.

With that said, DW ult and Toxic Barrage are terrible, please buff.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    CC immunity during channeled ults is absolutely reasonable, otherwise they are too inviable and everyone will only spam Dawnbreaker.

I think they all need counterplay though, so purging ults like DW and bow are fine by me.

With that said, DW ult and Toxic Barrage are terrible, please buff.

Does the dot effect still land even if you dodge the rest of the damage? if so, they should just make it so that there is a poison dot at the begining which is also unavoidable (but purgable) but then at the end you are slapped with the higher dot.

IDK how to fix DW ultimate. I think it should be lower in cost for the amount of avoidance it does.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

An ultimate shouldnt be completely negated by regular moves. This was stated in patch notes or Eso live and can’t find it.

So are you down for making Ballista undodgeable and reflectable?

Edit: Actually I think the better comparison is launching Ballista at a NB who promptly cloaks.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on May 11, 2018 5:47PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    then the one morph of the bow ultimate shouldnt be reflectable....
    I think Ballista os being reflected on the PTS. Been killed twice after putting Ballista on a mag DK spamming wings.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pls make Overload undodgeable, unreflectable and ignore Ball of Lightning, Meridia's Blessed Armor and anything else I missed as well, thx.

On a serious note, the notion that ultimates shouldn't be fully countered by non-ultimate tools is entirely ludicrous and not truly reflected in current game mechanics at all. Rather, it leads to ultimates arbitrarily having functional counters or not.

We could talk about whether DoTs in general should be considered debuffs for the purpose of specific purge options. But Lascerate's DoT should still follow the same mechanics as any other DoT.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is a channeled ability. DW ult is not. It just is quick often unnoticeable 'X' visual effect during intense combat with bleed dot. It is already better than Soul Assault for not being channeled which greys out skill bars. And it is already better in that bleed in general are unmitigatable damage other than through shields. Next best damage to Oblivion damage. It is pretty strong, making surviving against proper bleed build a lot more difficult than it already is. So, makes sense to be purged.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on May 13, 2018 3:06AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm...

Well, let me ask you this, @Koolio , if your Ultimate shouldn't be purged... then should ultimates be negated?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm...

Well, let me ask you this, @Koolio , if your Ultimate shouldn't be purged... then should ultimates be negated?

That’s would be ultimate countering an ultimate.

I can’t remember if it was a patch note or on Eso live. It was said along the lines of “ultimates should feel ultimate and not be countered by regular moves”. I’m pretty sure this was said around dark brotherhood or theives guild. Then they made soul assault unbashable ( that I don’t agree with) but then they made soul assault not cleanse able for that same “reasoning”.

I really want to find a good way to use this in pvp. But it costs a little to much to be a 2x2 hitbox that is removed immediately in group fight scenarios with 1 button press that also removes from almost everyone.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

I agree.

Just like overload should not be able to be reflected.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing: ground-based Ultimates (Veil, Standard, Nova, etc) can be erased by Negate AND Earthgore (which isn't an Ultimate). Earthgore definitely shouldn't render an Ultimate as moot. I also don't think Negate should, either. Afterall, you can't Negate a Negate...

...also, I wonder which takes precedence: If you Earthgore a Negate- which cancels which?

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Sorc's atronauch (ground based) or a Warden's Grove (ground based) negated or erased by Earthgore. Perhaps I just haven't noticed it in PVP. Have you?
    Edited by Savos_Saren on May 16, 2018 2:41AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren