The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pricey I mean Princely Dawnlight Palace needs more slots

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
So I bought the house unfurnished because ZOS does a mediocre job at decoration (understandably so for budget reasons) which even with ESO plus, doesn't have enough slots for decorating. Now I am not trying to be a baby about it but simply because of how dark (limited natural lighting) and open it is, it's hard to decorate it with a reasonable amount of lightning, fill "empty" space and decorate the outside.
    Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • jkolb2030
      jkolb2030
      ✭✭✭
      I totally agree with you...

I also bought the house unfurnished and have run into the same concerns... The main room is so dark, but no matter how much lighting i put in it, it just stays dark because of the massive size of the room as well.

I'm also finding that until ZoS increases the limit cap, you have to pick and choose the focal point of this house.. Meaning, I am only "filling" a portion of the outside where as the rest of the outside court yard will only sport some colorful trees and a statue here and there compared to the other half that will be heavily populated with target dummies, crafting stations, self made structures, an overall theme etc..

The same goes for the inside... You have to pick and choose your heavy focal points of the inside and have the rest just appear to be decorated.

It's very unfortunate, but its the horrible system we are stuck with
    • Aurie
      Aurie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The lighting is one of the main problems here. The Palace is like a black hole as far as lighting is concerned...it doesn't seem to matter how many lights you put in, the place remains dark.

However, I'm finding ways around this by adopting a different approach. And so far I'm quite pleased with the effect.

There are lessons to be learnt here. Because it's so huge, large furnishings work well.

In the main hall I've put decorative trees around the raised back of the room creating a massive garden backdrop, and kept the middle section clear apart from a fountain in the centre. The over all lighting is blue, which looks quite effective with the bare floor tiling.

The courtyard is easy, as you can simply use trees and some of the structures that came with the Dibella pack. I'm not planning to have flowers as they are just too insignificant in those massive spaces, but flowering trees do the job and save massively on the item slot restrictions.

Still a long way to go, but I'll post pics when it's all done. :)

• irstarkey57
      irstarkey57
      ✭✭✭✭
      Pro tip. Sink Varla stones into things.

This being said, I totally agree that this place needs more slots.
    • MLGProPlayer
      MLGProPlayer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This house is way brighter than my last primary home (Strident Springs, which was literally a dungeon). You don't actually need a light on every single wall to see (in fact, you can even see without any lights!).

But yeah, I'd love it if all the houses were brighter. Why not make them all like Mathiisen or Hundings inside?

And we definitely need more furnishing slots. 700 is insulting.
      Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 15, 2018 8:57AM
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit is at about 520 slots and feels she is not too far off getting things how she wants at the Claws Temple Spar Resort - just waiting for some imported marble items from Summerset yes.

Images here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfLjmSw

However the nature of a garden temple is such that large open spaces are part of the intention. Were this a traditional home Khajiit would struggle to make it feel as such, indeed this is an issue at the actual home of this one Castle Claws - which is now full.

This one is sure our voices are heard and that there are technical limitations beyond the understanding of a humble khajiiti ambassador temple keeper. This is though a true frustration for those of us who own property in Tamriel.

Khajiit would also like to mention another frustration which she hopes it will be possible to address - the permissions system.

Why is it not possible to have a property that is open and accessible to all?

Khajiit has a home yes - one home that is home. All the rest of the property portfolio of this one is designed to be open and used by anyone who wishes - however this is just not possible given the present permissions system. A theatre, a tavern, a temple - these are all meant as public spaces but the public must first be on the friends list or in the same guilds. No one can just call in as they wish which is what this one she wants and intends.

Let us use the buildings we have to create an open and infinite Tamriel for all other travellers to enjoy.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
      Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    • Aurie
      Aurie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love what you've done with the Palace, Santie. Especially the temple in the main hall, which is beautiful. In fact the interior architecture really lends itself to that, as it's almost cathedral-like. Have you decorated the other rooms, or does the item limit not allow that if you want things just right elsewhere?

First thing I noticed was you'd removed all the tall pillars round the pools...that's exactly what I did, and doesn't it open up the whole grounds amd give a feeling of space with better vistas!

I agree about being able to give permission for everyone to visit. As housing is instanced, I wonder how they would deal with picking the house you want to visit when a thousand other players have the same one. I'm sure it's been done in other games, and when you travelled to a house a list of owners appeared (scratches head and Black Desert springs to mind), and you clicked the one you wanted to visit. I'm sure ZO$ could find a way to do it too.

And regarding the main purpose of this thread, if ever there was a property that screams for more item slots, Princely Dawn Palace is it.

Also, I bought the furnished version, as I always do. In this instance, while there are some pieces which are definitely worth having, and others that are reasonable standard items in the Redguard style, there is also an awful lot of rubbish...the kind of random cheap items you instantly remove, and they never see the light of day again. It also struck me that in spite of the number of furnishings that are provided, which is similar to that of other notable properties, the whole place looked so empty.

I think the main hall is a terrific space, and I love all the pools and waterfalls. But, as Santie has done, it benefits from a definite theme. Traditional furnishings look lost in there, and also in the staircase halls. But there are normal rooms too, which is great.....or would be if there were a decent item slot limit. As things stand, the current limit will not stretch to decorating it in any way satisfactorily without leaving areas looking bare. And this must be a frustration not only to us the players, but also to ZO$ who have designed such a great property but won't see any instance of it decorated completely as it should be.
    • SantieClaws
      SantieClaws
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aurelle1 wrote: »
      I love what you've done with the Palace, Santie. Especially the temple in the main hall, which is beautiful. In fact the interior architecture really lends itself to that, as it's almost cathedral-like. Have you decorated the other rooms, or does the item limit not allow that if you want things just right elsewhere?

Khajiit has a Hall of Ancestors and a basic kitchen downstairs and a scriptorium and basic acolyte accommodation upstairs. This one does wish the oven in the kitchen could be removed so she had a choice over the nature of that room.

All but the Hall of Ancestors are fairly basic so far - after all this is a temple and those that choose to reside here choose a simple life of devotion, study and endless sweeping. Also pool cleaning.

There is also guest accommodation - a bathroom, bedroom and private veranda - right at the end of the walls.

This one is expecting a shipment of marble items from Summerset - basins, plantpots and such - and does not want to get too close to the item limit until she has received and placed these things.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on May 15, 2018 11:35AM

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Khajiit is at about 520 slots and feels she is not too far off getting things how she wants at the Claws Temple Spar Resort - just waiting for some imported marble items from Summerset yes.

Images here:

However the nature of a garden temple is such that large open spaces are part of the intention. Were this a traditional home Khajiit would struggle to make it feel as such, indeed this is an issue at the actual home of this one Castle Claws - which is now full.

This one is sure our voices are heard and that there are technical limitations beyond the understanding of a humble khajiiti ambassador temple keeper. This is though a true frustration for those of us who own property in Tamriel.

Khajiit would also like to mention another frustration which she hopes it will be possible to address - the permissions system.

Khajiit has a home yes - one home that is home. All the rest of the property portfolio of this one is designed to be open and used by anyone who wishes - however this is just not possible given the present permissions system. A theatre, a tavern, a temple - these are all meant as public spaces but the public must first be on the friends list or in the same guilds. No one can just call in as they wish which is what this one she wants and intends.

Let us use the buildings we have to create an open and infinite Tamriel for all other travellers to enjoy.

Yours with paws
      Santie Claws

I must just put too much in but I don't want to change how it looks now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158299014@N08/?

I still have the other bedroom to finish, the main entrance, the upstairs lounge on the other side, and sections of the outside and I have less than 20 spaces left.
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on May 15, 2018 12:31PM
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • SantieClaws
        SantieClaws
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I must just put too much in but I don't want to change how it looks now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158299014@N08/?

I still have the other bedroom to finish, the main entrance, the upstairs lounge on the other side, and sections of the outside and I have less than 20 spaces left.

That's lovely. The glowing flowers in the pool are most nice. Maybe Khajiit will put just one or two of those in the fishpond ...

The swimming pool this one will leave clear until inflatable pool items are available yes.

A nice idea to use the ends of the most upper stairs as rooms - Khajiit is also doing this but as small viewing galleries that overlook the main temple area.

Yours with paws
        Santie Claws

• Jaraal
        Jaraal
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

Images here:

Yours with paws
        Santie Claws

Absolutely agree with this. Why can't all our homes be available to anyone at anytime if we so desire? So silly to only be able to have a single open house which is only available for guild mates to view, unless we have to jump through the hoops of manually entering names on the permissions list. And if we had a lighting interaction filter, there would be absolutely no issues with this. People who don't want their houses seen could opt out of the open house setting, and everybody would be happy.

I've seen so many complaints about the permissions system, and it would take almost zero effort on ZOS's part to fix it. Why not do it, and be done with it?
        RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
      • CaffeinatedMayhem
        CaffeinatedMayhem
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Pro tip. Sink Varla stones into things.

This being said, I totally agree that this place needs more slots.

You don't even have to sink them - I have Culanda stones hidden behind the wooden railings, windows and ceilings, the lovely yellow light is perfect. Only needed 8-10 stones to completely light the big room, and 1-2 for foyers.
      • SnackyPackChamp
        SnackyPackChamp
        ✭✭✭
        I believe the Clockwork lights work best for the Palace. They are bright and the gold/brass color works well with the Redguard theme too.