The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would you want to have entrance/exit place-able porals/doors for your homes?

rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
If ZOS introduced portals or doors that you can place in your houses to teleport you from the entrance side to the exist side would you buy them. For example you get a large home like the Princely Dawnlight Palace, you place an entrance portal in a random location and when you activate it it teleport you to the exit poral that you also placed.

This will be very handy for large homes where you want a fast route to get from point A to point B in your home at your convenience. Please vote and share your thoughts if you would like to have such an item added to furnishing

Would you want to have entrance/exit place-able porals/doors for your homes? 25 votes

Yes, I would love entrance/exit place-able locations to be added to furnishing because...
96%
krisor67_ESOCatsmoke14Vehlirdaniel.13b16_ESOHrogunrosendoichinoveb17_ESObadmojoG1CountdownArcirisNovaMarxWreuntzyllajad11mumblerComboBreaker88fireraptureWhiteNoiseMakermmogamerpersonMLGProPlayerTonyRockaroniflamesingTelvanniWizard 24 votes
No, I don't care about that feature because...
4%
Aurie 1 vote
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I would love entrance/exit place-able locations to be added to furnishing because...
    My thing is building structures. I want to be able to use portals like an elevator.

Because of the housing cap, the 50-100 slots taken up by the ramps or stairs I make to travel between levels is a huge cut to what I can make and how well I can furnish it. Replacing that with 3-4 portals would be HUGE.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nce utility.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thing is building structures. I want to be able to use portals like an elevator.
    This. Although an actual elevator, as used in several places like Clockwork City, would be just as good.

However, I thought from title that you were actually asking for interior doors. I want those, too.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    This. Although an actual elevator, as used in several places like Clockwork City, would be just as good.

However, I thought from title that you were actually asking for interior doors. I want those, too.

Entrance/Exit custom peaceable locations can come in a very large variety like placing an entrance and an exit door, or an entrance and exit portal like the one in Tials and dungeons, or as suggested actual elevator contraptions with an activation lever like in clokwork city.

Programming wise this should be quite a simple task as those already exist in the game but have not been implemented in housing, yet.
  • Aknunsus
    Aknunsus
    Interesting idea. I didn't vote because I'm neither for nor against this. I know I probably wouldn't use it, but I can see the utility.

I would rather be able to place a wayshrine in my home, so that when I was done I could fast-travel to where I wanted to go immediately (and for free), rather than spending a bunch of money to do so from my open map, or have to run 12 miles to the closest wayshrine. I guess I'm lazy.