The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork Sanctuary: My Orbservatory Prior

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Orbservatory Prior has always been one of my favourite houses. I was able to buy it a few weeks ago, and slowly started decorating it. It took some effort, and about a million dwemer frames (or so it seemed :tongue:), but I’m very happy with the end result. Here are a few of my observations that might be helpful if you are thinking of buying this house:

-Even though it belongs to the notable homes category, I think it’s much easier to decorate in terms of slot space compared to other notables, because of restrictions in architecture; there is a lot of space, but it’s mostly height, which can work wonderfully for taller/narrower structures.

-It has a very unique style that can be tricky to decorate with items other than clockwork/dwemer. That’s not to say other sets wouldn’t work, but I found these two to be the most harmonious. Fortunately, I happen to love clockwork creations, so I didn’t mind. Unfortunately, the decorations come at a steep price--whether you buy the recipe and craft it, or buy the furniture from other crafters.

-I had to trade off aesthetics for functionality somewhat for the main floor, since I intended this to be my primary residence and wanted space for my crafting stations and target dummies. Initially, I wanted to create a more mystical look, with enchanted lights and so on, however, colours in CWC can be harsh on the eyes, so I wanted something I was happy looking at for extended periods of time :smiley:

-I deliberated whether I should buy this in the furnished or unfurnished version, and I’m so glad I decided to go with the former. I ended up using almost all of the furniture that came with the house, and I definitely recommend them if you like the clockwork style.

Here are some photos--my idea was that the house serves as the secluded hermitage of a recluse eccentric scientist, obsessed with everything clockwork :smile:

Main floor:

dMpxX2A.jpg

yeeif8n.jpg

Telescope:

ZpugZ35.jpg

VjbpAdA.jpg

First room and bedroom:

FZIB8Za.jpg

PWVXNK3.jpg

'Laser beam'-protected door to the lab, and operating theatre corridor:

BF691Ea.jpg

syCxmmT.jpg

28SVLgI.jpg

Operating theatre:

MEdebP0.jpg

lQFJn1T.jpg

7GBJquW.jpg

Entrance and transportation means:

tuiiSQc.jpg

yHUN8os.jpg

(@R_K This is the clockwork hot air balloon I made with Immaculate Construction :smile: I wanted to use the scavenged grating panels for the basket portion, but I couldn’t make it work with their dimensions, so it looks a bit too uniform unfortunately :D Also, I’m missing the achievement for the energetic animo cores, which would work nicely as tanks, so just imagine a couple of them nestled inside the basket :smile:)

I hope you liked my decorations, thank you for reading! :smile:
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh beautifully done. I like that you chose to stick with thit style of the home on this one, as you mentioned it, it creates a nice harmony and makes the most sense. You can definitely mix and match more with more traditional homes in the game, but this one needs to be pure. I love some of the creative touches you added too and the fact that they don’t seem out of place. Everything is on point.

Good work!
    The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
    New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
    Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh beautifully done. I like that you chose to stick with thit style of the home on this one, as you mentioned it, it creates a nice harmony and makes the most sense. You can definitely mix and match more with more traditional homes in the game, but this one needs to be pure. I love some of the creative touches you added too and the fact that they don’t seem out of place. Everything is on point.

Good work!

@Thehartclan Thank you so much! :smile: I'm glad you think some details don't look out of place--I wanted to add a few things to make it seem less cold/sterile and more vivid/habitable, but was always questioning whether they fit the overal theme, so that's nice to hear!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaimeh So, I just have to say -- everything from the hot air balloon to the unique interiors is, to quote @Thehartclan, on point...

That gazebo-like structure -- made out of Clockwork Chairs, I believe? -- is awesome, the telescope is a perfect fit and, of course, the Frakenstein-esque scene is epic as well. I literally had to scroll back just to confirm that I actually saw what I saw. Also, if you need help with anything [hot air balloon or otherwise], just hit me up and I can try to help or even meet up.

Again, great work!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @Jaimeh So, I just have to say -- everything from the hot air balloon to the unique interiors is, to quote @Thehartclan, on point...

That gazebo-like structure -- made out of Clockwork Chairs, I believe? -- is awesome, the telescope is a perfect fit and, of course, the Frakenstein-esque scene is epic as well. I literally had to scroll back just to confirm that I actually saw what I saw. Also, if you need help with anything [hot air balloon or otherwise], just hit me up and I can try to help or even meet up.

Again, great work!

@R_K Thank you! The gazebo was totally inspired by the daedric thrones version in your video, so I can’t take credit for it :smile: And yes, it’s made by clockwork chairs! (So… many… chairs :lol:). I’ve been meaning to ask you about the mirror function in Essential Housing Tools, because I couldn’t get it to work on my staircases—I’ll send you a message about it. Thanks again!
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Very creative and cool.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought, that it's impossible to come up with something interesting and pertinent with the Clockwork City furniture, but you proved me wrong. Nicely done indeed!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the clockwork aesthetic, I brought it to my Amaya lake lodge. Id send ya picks but I don't have enough slots to bring it completely into reality
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 14, 2018 7:21AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Woefulmonkey Thank you! :smile:

@logarifmik I know what you mean--sometimes I felt there wasn't enough variety within the clockwork furniture pool, so I kept moving them around and rotating them to find ways to use them differently. And thank you very much!

@Aliyavana Slot space is bane of housing's existence--so many ideas so few slots! :tired_face: If you want to send me what you've done do far, I'd love to see though! :smile: