The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Yet another over-sized mansion? *strokes non-existent beard*

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like Dawnlight.

I agree they should consider expanding slots (for all sizes of homes).

They could stand to add some mid-size dwellings all over the place. I'm not sure we need more 'small' dwellings. Very few of the small dwellings are nice to look at. Think about Mara's Kiss, it is practically a broom closet. Broom closets aren't particularly useful or give enough space for creativity.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I feel like the focus on the giant mansions stems directly from the limited time only, crown exclusive purchase option. Would people be willing to pay for crown exclusive homes that were medium or small? Even if people would buy them, ZOS certainly couldn't charge in excess of 10,000 crowns for smaller homes.

I just don't see why every limited-time home has to cost in excess of 10K crowns. Tel Galen was 8k/10k and is closer to the size of a large home, so they priced it accordingly. I don't see why a small or medium home couldn't be released for a limited-time that is appropriately priced.

But, do they even have to be limited-time? We've only had 2 medium homes added since Homestead launched (Ald Velothi and Exorcised Coven Cottage). We've also had only 2 large homes added (Surreal and Amaya). Plus, we're not even getting a small/medium home w/SS - just a large one. Would it have been too much trouble to add a small/medium home to SS as they did with MW? Are we even going to get ANY more small or medium homes? If SS is anything to go by, the answer may, unfortunately, be no.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 3, 2018 7:03PM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dawnlight.

They could stand to add some mid-size dwellings all over the place. I'm not sure we need more 'small' dwellings. Very few of the small dwellings are nice to look at. Think about Mara's Kiss, it is practically a broom closet. Broom closets aren't particularly useful or give enough space for creativity.

ya mara's kiss is rather sad.

imo the free homes should be something like autumns gate size and those in range. It gets people interested in the housing part of the game. Mara's kiss does not. It becomes storage.

At least the apt in vivic city is not a bad size.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I feel like the focus on the giant mansions stems directly from the limited time only, crown exclusive purchase option. Would people be willing to pay for crown exclusive homes that were medium or small? Even if people would buy them, ZOS certainly couldn't charge in excess of 10,000 crowns for smaller homes.

I just don't see why every limited-time home has to cost in excess of 10K crowns. Tel Galen was 8k/10k and is closer to the size of a large home, so they priced it accordingly. I don't see why a small or medium home couldn't be released for a limited-time that is appropriately priced.

But, do they even have to be limited-time? We've only had 2 medium homes added since Homestead launched (Ald Velothi and Exorcised Coven Cottage). We've also had only 2 large homes added (Surreal and Amaya). Plus, we're not even getting a small/medium home w/SS - just a large one. Would it have been too much trouble to add a small/medium home to SS as they did with MW? Are we even going to get ANY more small or medium homes? If SS is anything to go by, the answer may, unfortunately, be no.

Yeah I was half expecting them to do as they did for Morrowind, and add a variety of homes in Summerset. Pretty disappointing, but here's hoping it won't be too long before they add more houses to it.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

The palace has a private beach? Where?! O.o

The bottom of the big stairs used to have a small beach area. It's gone now
    On PTS you could also get over to a small beachy area to the left of the stairs, pretty sure it's invisi-walled now.

No I just checked the beach with the palm trees are still there. I'm talking about that beach area that you go when you fall from the left wall next to the main port. The only downside is that its just a small beach and you need to either build stairs to go there from the palace wall or build platforms to get there from the main dock.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

On PTS you could also get over to a small beachy area to the left of the stairs, pretty sure it's invisi-walled now.

No I just checked the beach with the palm trees are still there. I'm talking about that beach area that you go when you fall from the left wall next to the main port. It is not barred off by invisible walls. They also made the water near the beach swim-able as it was previously filled with slaughterfish The only downside is that its just a small beach and you need to either build stairs to go there from the palace wall or build platforms to get there from the main dock.

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dawnlight.

Broom closets are really only useful for two things: to store brooms and frustrate narrators.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a smaller thief home in Hew's Bane also. Obviously, they couldn't sell smaller homes for as much as the mansions, but I suspect they'd sell to players who wouldn't buy the larger homes from the CS, anyway. Growing your market via variety doesn't sound to me like it would necessarily be a losing proposition.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    They want money but keep making bad decisions by putting out overpriced and oversized homes when they would make a lot more money putting more focus on the medium size market.

I have no idea who is running the show over there but they really need to get a reality check and visit these forums.

That and they need to up the player count on the regular homes to 24, same as the notable ones. They say they know this number is not high enough and are "working on it" but still refuse to do the ONE thing that would make the situation better within the present restriction. Don't tell me Forsaken Stronghold, Hunding's and Strident Springs were designed with only 12 people ever being in them in mind.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• CyborgJiro
    CyborgJiro
    ✭✭
    i just want nice medium sized homes with a backyard. Or more variety, just less mansions. I wanted a ship home, I didn't need that entire cave area that new home has.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

They don't need to cost that much (ever, but different conversation) but now that they've made it A Thing™ that all CS exclusive houses are these extravagant dwellings that are supposed to "set you apart from the crowd" and make you the envy of lesser players, how can they go back on that? They've set precedent, by golly! /sarcasm

In other words, I completely agree.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's certainly not invisi-walled. It's 100% accessible and you can also swim out quite far in the water.

You can preview the home on live if you're curious about any features (it's been in the game for weeks/months).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 8, 2018 6:30AM
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'd love to see the furnishing cap increased like everyone else, for me the real issue is the PLAYER cap.

There are a lot of absolutely huge classic homes available yet they still have the 12 player cap, which makes them all but useless for me. I make houses for RP... and average 10-20 people in one house at any given time. That means I'm really only limited to notables. And even then, the 24 player cap is appalling when virtually every other game with housing allows at least 50 or so.

So, while I'd love to see smaller houses... I wish the cap would be increased to 24 for all, at least, so I can actually use them. There's absolutely no reason to justify Hunding's only holding 12 players, for example.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    Or they could just, you know, remove the caps. Better yet, have them be pretty high up. Probably not enough to the point of Cyrodiil in terms of player size, but maybe like 50 or 60 or so. 40 at minimum. As for homes, I would say that they should remove the caps. So what if the house lags every time you visit? Surreal Estate is supposed to be a house we can create, and we should have the freedom to do so without being tied down by limits. The other houses aren't any different. Dawnlight Palace is only half full with all of the furnishings available, we should have the freedom to design our houses in the way that we can truly say they are complete.
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need both smaller home options and larger furnishing capacity.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on May 9, 2018 6:39AM
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure the datamine recently showed a small apartment (The Golden Gryphon Garret) for Summerset as well as the Terraced Alinor Townhouse and the Aldemeri Grotto. I'm rather hoping it's like the free Vivec Penthouse, or the Nix Garret, something cozy for those who want something in the city that's not HUGE.
    Edited by WhiteNoiseMaker on May 9, 2018 2:22PM
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! These super huge homes are prohibitively costly both to buy and decorate, not to mention the furnishing limit. I would love to see more homes like the Witches Coven Cottage tied to events and special achievements for more reasonable prices and sizes. They never seem to release anything but apartments, large houses, and manors now.
    PC NA
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    I really love the variety and selection of housing in this game.

Another MMO I played for years we begged even to have room and nothing..
    then they throw a museum at us as our private space.... *Crickets* and we have to grind and grind to use the exhibits.. so wtf. We ask for homes and get a museum ??? yeah thanks

I love the new houses, and I agree more small houses would be nice..
    I would love to see the Thanes house in the style / floor plan of the one in Nimalten as a option .