The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reshade make game crash (not even loading) [SOLVED]

ArvenAldmeri
ArvenAldmeri
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,
so I wanted to take some amazing screenshots from my game but I failed at the first step in this. I tried to get a reshade that I really liked from my bf using it, but when I installed it my game would just instantly stop working with the cursor being of a 5cm size just like the error message saying "ESO stopped working". I tried different directx verisions, I removed all the eso client files and repaired the game but nothing seems to work, the game crashes the same way each time and I cant load it with reshade. Anyone else have this issue and resolved it somehow? Because neither me or my bf knows what could be making it go wrong like this.

EDIT: To make it even less understanding for me is that reshade works for the pts...

Solution:
As advice in ESO graphic extender (even when not using this reshade) works for me even for other reshades:
Crash on Startup - Rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll
Edited by ArvenAldmeri on May 4, 2018 2:42PM
Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addon stuff goes into a file in My Documents in Elder Scrolls Online/Live

Not sure if that is where shader injectors go or not.

You might also try system restore and put your machine back to yesterday or whenever you tried this thing. That won't work on anything in My Documents though.
    Edited by Nestor on May 4, 2018 1:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Not reshades. Reshades are instructed to go into client.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Not sure if that is where shader injectors go or not.

You might also try system restore and put your machine back to yesterday or whenever you tried this thing. That won't work on anything in My Documents though.

First time I tried a reshade was many months ago, it worked. Then some patch hit and my reshade stopped working. Even after I tried to reinstall it. Since then I had no reshade, I removed it completely and even reinstalled my game at least twice. Yet reshade still not working now for whatever reason.
  • Nepiarim
    Nepiarim
    Soul Shriven
    Solution:
    As advice in ESO graphic extender (even when not using this reshade) works for me even for other reshades:
    Crash on Startup - Rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll

It works like a charm! I had to rename dxgi.dll as well though.
    Thanks for saving my life (in Tamriel).