Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

15min Penalties due to other's improper use of Group Finder

• Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Let's wrap this up; I'd appreciate some concise answers, I'm actually determined to set a change in motion here.

So does everyone agree to some extent that the best resolution to all of this would be: Removal of the 15 minute timer for requeuing?

• swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    I que as a tank or healer on my DD magsorc.

Why? Because I can tank/heal and DD the dungeons better on my 1 toon then 3 scrubs can do on theirs.
    Tho, was it normal or veteran? =)

Imagination...
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players should be free to leave without penalty.

What currently happens is people abuse the queue system knowing youll be punished with a time penalty unless you carry them in their fake role selection.
    Edited by swirve on May 3, 2018 7:44PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    clareno88 wrote: »
    Let's wrap this up; I'd appreciate some concise answers, I'm actually determined to set a change in motion here.

So does everyone agree to some extent that the best resolution to all of this would be: Removal of the 15 minute timer for requeuing?

Then you will end up with the same group you just left xD
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I queued for a random vet dungeon recently. Coh1. Easy. I load in to find that the dungeon had been completed already and the previous party or at least what was left of it just teleported out of the dungeon so the instance never closed. I left the grou pobviously and of course I got the penalty for leaving the group "early".
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    clareno88 wrote: »

Then you will end up with the same group you just left xD

And if that happens, that's okay, in that situation I would just leave again or queue for a different dungeon I felt like doing, they can't be in two places at once after all. And in the midst of that, I won't be facing any penalty to inhibit my ability to do so.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vote to Kick. Especially for fake tanks.. have no mercy.

If it fails and you're unhappy with your PUG results, log a different character in and PUG again.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dislike fake tanks, but am not innocent of queueing as one myself.

It really comes down to <can the person perform that role adequately> not <does it conform to my perception of a tank> Someone earlier posted about someone not tanking properly because they were not chaining in mobs - this is not a requirement of tanking, in fact 4/5 classes cannot even do this! (currently)

So my 'requirement' for the tank role, be it fake or otherwise is to make the dungeon go easier than not having a tank. One of the biggest issues for any tank is the group often speeding ahead. Agro is predominantly 'first hit' so let the tank go hit things before you do. and that should include staying back somewhat.

So when will I queue as a fake tank? On dungeons I can solo, so anything easier than vMA. This is pretty much any normal '1' dungeon. I won't intentionally do it on II's or DLC. I will also only do it if I can perform that role adequately, and that means taking in my CP capped stamblade, and swapping round some skills. I would not take in anyone else in a fake role, or as a healer.

When do I beelive fake tanks should be booted? When they are a lvl 10 DPS. These people aren't even pushing out DPS, if they were it might not matter so much. at that level, if you want to queue as a tank, slap on some heavy armour.

The issue can be resolved quite easily. By making tanking and healing more attractive. There are three very underplayed classes in each role because they simply lack fun, effectiveness or a combination of both. Once this is resolved (and Summerset may help a bit) there will be enough tanks & healers to make the tank role not worth faking.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re the 15 minute penalty, I can see pro's & cons for it. I've been kicked from a group before we even killed one mob because I wasn't italian once... I felt getting a 15 min penalty was pretty rough having waited 45 mins to join that group. I dread to think how many 15 minute penalties they dished out before they found an Italian... I'd certainly want to reduce serial kickers/leavers.
    Edited by aeowulf on May 4, 2018 10:40AM
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vote to Kick. Especially for fake tanks.. have no mercy.

If it fails and you're unhappy with your PUG results, log a different character in and PUG again.

Doesnt work whem say the fake tank brings a friend.

The 15 min penalty is only wanted by those who like to control others and how they play.
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of off subject, but I saw that they're adding a minimum cp requirement for the dlc dungeons this update! I believe it was like 300cp or so, it's not huge, but it is something. And I'm sure that it will be elaborated upon by the developers through witness of what's working and/or not working through further trial and error by the community of the new system. Wishful thinking perhaps? :P
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny you bring this up because someone talked my SO into doing Fang Lair norm with them so she could get some of the Caluurion's Legacy gear. They grouped up and then they told her to queue as a healer since Fang Lair norm is easy. She was on a Magplar but was in PvP gear and she has never tried to heal dungeons before. She felt bad and had to explain after a few deaths that she is no good at healing (they did finish the dungeon in a timely matter though).

I was on pins and needles watching as she made it through the dungeon.. wondering if the other two randoms would complain or get mad. For the record she was not happy about being talked into queuing as a healer as she did not want to be held responsible for the lives of others.

Anyways there is no real point to my story.. it just kind of fits the theme of this thread. :p
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »
    Funny you bring this up because someone talked my SO into doing Fang Lair norm with them so she could get some of the Caluurion's Legacy gear. They grouped up and then they told her to queue as a healer since Fang Lair norm is easy. She was on a Magplar but was in PvP gear and she has never tried to heal dungeons before. She felt bad and had to explain after a few deaths that she is no good at healing (they did finish the dungeon in a timely matter though).

I was on pins and needles watching as she made it through the dungeon.. wondering if the other two randoms would complain or get mad. For the record she was not happy about being talked into queuing as a healer as she did not want to be held responsible for the lives of others.

Anyways there is no real point to my story.. it just kind of fits the theme of this thread. :p

No way, I get where you're coming from completely! And it's totally fine to share an experience. Yeah, your SO's situation isn't the type of situation me and others were discussing on the thread prior, what she did, or rather was pushed into doing, is a different story as the other group members were all on board. But to get back to your specific experience, I feel for her. I wouldn't want to be in a role that I knew I couldn't meet the requirements for either; even if everyone was on board, I'd find it hard to loosen up and trust it wouldn't get turned around on me as well. I'm guessing they wanted to queue vs just travel in there for the dungeon buff. It's too bad that one of them couldn't just slot healer instead, since it was merely for meeting queue requirements. If she needs to farm anymore Legacy gear, I'd be happy to run her through! I actually have been working at hard mode, we've gotten to 20% now. So running normal for gear would be a piece of cake for us! We'd do traditional roles and everything so she'd feel comfortable. Are you guys on the PS4 North American server?
  • Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    I believe we are finished discussing the subject of this thread. If you are able to find time, I'd be appreciative if you'd glance over it briefly. Thank you.

@ZOS_EveP @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fake groups are the worst

Fake Tank: "You don't need a tank for this dungeon, it's faster with 3 DPS." Proceeds to kite enemies everywhere, making ground based AoEs worthless and making the whole run more difficult

Fake Healer: "Nothing here hits hard enough to need much healing." Proceeds to die because mechanic burned thru their health like a hot knife thru butter

Fake DPS: "Ya'll are all scrubs, I've cleared this countless times before." Proceeds to die to the same mechanic over and over again.

Me: "..." Proceeds to leave group.
    Argonian forever