The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't add storage chests to my house due to full Collectible Furnishings

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    The answer is pretty clear from ZOS' perspective.

Buy another house.

I shouldn't have to! You say.

ZOS generally doesn't make things inconvenient for no reason, I say. They want you to participate in housing. If you don't have the space for storage but you want to display all your shiny things, you have to buy another house.

And if you buy another house, and you furnish that house, then you participate in housing and help out with the economy's gold sinks, and ZOS wins.

Inconvenient for players? Yep, totally. Inconvenient for ZOS? Nope, that's exactly how they want it (until they decide they can make more money from making you use the crown store or ESO+ to make things more convenient for you.)

VaranisArano, I have the biggest house in the game (max space possible) and I'm and ESO+ member.

Yep. My point is that while ZOS might add whatever you want to the game, they will almost certainly charge for it either through ESO+ or the Crown Store. Because that's what ZOS does.

Okay, then why wont they charge for extra slots or something?
    If you're right, then its a very counter productive tactic. I dont want 10 half-empty houses, I want 1-2 fully furnished ones...
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 20, 2018 10:17PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Buy another house.

ZOS generally doesn't make things inconvenient for no reason, I say. They want you to participate in housing. If you don't have the space for storage but you want to display all your shiny things, you have to buy another house.

And if you buy another house, and you furnish that house, then you participate in housing and help out with the economy's gold sinks, and ZOS wins.

Inconvenient for players? Yep, totally. Inconvenient for ZOS? Nope, that's exactly how they want it (until they decide they can make more money from making you use the crown store or ESO+ to make things more convenient for you.)

VaranisArano, I have the biggest house in the game (max space possible) and I'm and ESO+ member.

Yep. My point is that while ZOS might add whatever you want to the game, they will almost certainly charge for it either through ESO+ or the Crown Store. Because that's what ZOS does.

Okay, then why wont they charge for extra slots or something?
    If you're right, then its a very counter productive tactic. I dont want 10 half-empty houses, I want 1-2 fully furnished ones...

This. I want to clutter up my houses, dang it! Though I would prefer not to be milked yet again through Crown Store purchases to do it...
    Edited by GreenHere on February 20, 2018 10:36PM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should release a patch for housing; among other issues (not gone into here) the separate allocation system is fairly clunky.

Personally, they could increase the base furniture capacity of all homes (e.g. double it) and have all items (furniture, chests, busts, trophies, services etc) count towards filling up that base capacity. There is no need for the extra code and allocation of the various pieces in to different categories.

Doing so would make a lot more sense, and be easier for all concerned, and would actually increase some creativity options: Something that should always be in the forefront of the developers minds when it comes to housing I believe.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on February 20, 2018 10:46PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I place all the veteran and normal Undaunted trophies (dungeons, trials and arenas) in my house (that are meant to be displayed), I don't have enough Collectible Furnishings space to add the new storage chests in my manor.

I was going to place a chest and got that message, that I don't have more Collectible Furnishing space (80 spaces currently).

ZOS, please change the category for the storage chests OR increase the amount of collectible furnishings for houses.

Thank you.

Could have sworn, I could fit everything in my home. That said, I am missing a few undaunted trophies (and more than a few busts)... give me a sec to do a headcount.

This is dependent on the house type, some get 20 slots, others get 40 and so on. Even if storage were handled in a similar way, medium house gets 4, notable get 6, large or mansion gets 8, it will still be better than having to choose what to remove to use the new feature.

Yeah, right now there's 88 collectible furnishings in the game. So we've just gotten to the point, with this expansion, where you'll need to pick and choose as a subscriber.
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried placing the trophies in the storage chests!?

:joy:
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

:open_mouth:

Put storage chests in other storage chests! INFINITE STORAGE BUG!

Quick, exploit it! What's the worst that could happen?!

:trollface:
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I tried putting The Engine Guardian normal trophy inside and it broke the chest. Now I have one chest less. :D

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »

:open_mouth:

Put storage chests in other storage chests! INFINITE STORAGE BUG!

Quick, exploit it! What's the worst that could happen?!

:trollface:

Well, I wanted to find that Divinity; Original Sin 2 crash you could trigger by putting a container inside itself, but apparently it's gone. :(
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I place all the veteran and normal Undaunted trophies (dungeons, trials and arenas) in my house (that are meant to be displayed), I don't have enough Collectible Furnishings space to add the new storage chests in my manor.

I was going to place a chest and got that message, that I don't have more Collectible Furnishing space (80 spaces currently).

ZOS, please change the category for the storage chests OR increase the amount of collectible furnishings for houses.

Thank you.

Could have sworn, I could fit everything in my home. That said, I am missing a few undaunted trophies (and more than a few busts)... give me a sec to do a headcount.

This is dependent on the house type, some get 20 slots, others get 40 and so on. Even if storage were handled in a similar way, medium house gets 4, notable get 6, large or mansion gets 8, it will still be better than having to choose what to remove to use the new feature.
    Think count was updated with Morrowind because the normal dungeon trophies. An notable home with eso+ give you 80 i think so the issue of huge houses is more the number of standard items.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    But only ZOS can look at how many players have how many collectible furnishings, and on average how many of them players place in their housing. They may have reason to believe the current 40/80 cap is well above average.

In which case upping the allowances wouldn't have a large effect on server performance ...

Regardless, I agree with those arguing that storage units should comprise a separate category.

• playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS really does need to increase the furnishing limit, hell I'd take it even if they made it like bank/inventory space you could increase with gold.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    You can put your storage in a sub house

That's exactly what I'll do, they are so fugly would ruin my interiors in the best houses (for me at least those styles aren't fitting at all), so they will rest in any case in a very secondary house.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

No kidding. I can now have a grand total of 2 undaunted busts, lovely.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity...
    And it's the question for the OP.
    Do you stare at these trophies in your eso house? How much time does it take?
    I am asking because, while I do love visiting houses of my guildies, "the wall of fame" is the least of what I am interested to see. I am more interested in the player's creativity as to what they can do with the place...
    So, I am genuinely curious.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they would do it that way it’s the easiest thing for them to do.
    They could of made one chest and give it to Eso plus members just like the craft chest.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could of made one chest and give it to Eso plus members just like the craft chest.

But then they couldn't charge everyone $$$.

Besides, ESO+ players already have double storage space in the bank.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But then they couldn't charge everyone $$$.

Besides, ESO+ players already have double storage space in the bank.

I meant add an extra chest as a Eso plus chest
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Out of curiosity...
    And it's the question for the OP.
    Do you stare at these trophies in your eso house? How much time does it take?
    I am asking because, while I do love visiting houses of my guildies, "the wall of fame" is the least of what I am interested to see. I am more interested in the player's creativity as to what they can do with the place...
    So, I am genuinely curious.

Do you stare at ALL art in a big museum? Do you check ALL food listed in a restaurant menu?

And it's all a matter of likings. We, people, don't have the same likings, priorities, hobbies, interests, etc., so, the wall of fame is not of interest to you, well, it is for me, and, I can tell you, it is also for a LOT of people and achievement and trophy collectors, like I am.

I bought te biggest house in the game for that mostly; to display my collection of stuff I achieve/collect/get in the game.

That's why I ask for more space, because I don't want some trophies to stay forbidden, and unseen, in the player inventory.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They made pets/mounts/assistants into a separate category of "special collectibles" so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with these and make them "storage collectibles".

Regardless, in order for them to function as they do, they have to remain collectibles of some sort and not be normal furnishings. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to put the same chests in all of your houses and have access to the same items in all of your houses.

Eventually, there will be more trophies/busts than even an increased limit to 90. Even if storage were separated out, eventually, one would need to make a choice as to which trophies/busts were displayed, or just continue to ask ZOS to increase it periodically to accommodate. I understand the desire to display all trophies and I think it's fair to have the storage in it's own separate collectible category, but it still won't address the issue of not having enough space for trophies/busts, as that number will continue to grow as they add more, so I don't think ZOS want to start a trend of increasing that cap every time it gets reached.

In case you didn't know, you don't actually have to have the chests on display all the time. If you don't really care about having them displayed, you can take down one trophy, put out a chest, fill it, then put it away. You can do this with all 8 storage containers - fill them all up, label them, then keep them stored away. When you need access to one, put it out and get what you need.

Of course, for those wanting to use one as a way to transfer items between characters, that wouldn't really be that convenient, but it's an option if you want to keep all current trophies/busts on display.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy another house.

Oh the horror of a company making money. How did this happen?
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_Beard wrote: »
    The notable houses currently don't even have enough slots to display every normal and veteran versions of the busts. As an ESO+ member, you get 80 collectable slots with a notable house. However, with all the trophies combined, you need either 81 or 82 slots (I can't remember)

I tried adding the veteran and normal busts of the 2 new dungeons, and ran out of slots, even before trying to add a storage chest.

As a workaround, I had to remove a handful of normal bust trophies in my basement, just to be able to fit a couple of storage chests. This issue could be solved easily by upping the limit by 10 for notable houses. I suppose maybe ZOS intended for each house to display only normal, or only veteran versions of the busts, but it does seem odd that as of last patch, the number of collectable slots being at 80 seems right on the money for available normal and veteran busts combined.

Another issue that still hasn't been fixed (and was pointed out in the PTS last patch) is that the Veteran bust for St Olms still does not have a base, as all other trial busts do. It was given the treatment of a dungeon, and has no base.

This could partly be because when housing for a came out regular dungeons didn't have trophies. Only vet busts were available. I agree they should up the collectible limit when adding stuff to the game. Actually they should up the limit anyway.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We just need more space over all
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was an oversight. Perhaps it was intentional. Either way, one doesn't really need ALL trophies displayed. If one wants to, then sacrifices must be made. All choices in life have consequences. Take down a couple of your trophies and insert storage containers. Seem obvious.

Why does everyone seem to make analogies about eso to real life. Ah no storage should be left as a seperate catagory and no i dont think on a house if spend 60 or 99.99 dollars to purchase this house in eso i should have to make sacrifices or be forgiving i still baffles me how people defend and try to put logic to the missteps and sometimes apearing intentional practices of Zos come on people i love eso but when something is wrong lets not just look the other way or bend over
    Edited by Luciferazazell on May 1, 2018 10:01PM
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chests should have their own limit, no excuse for what they did and kind of dumb if you ask me because they are reducing the sales of the chests