Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you all feel about 2h weapons being changed to count as 2 set pieces?

ReverseVenom
ReverseVenom
✭✭✭
Personally I think this will just completely kill what little dualweild builds we see in cyro save for the niche bleed build. Also not looking forward to all the 2h stamdens that'll have a selenes on top of their beetles, uppercut, executioner combo.

I'm assuming many of people are happy with this change but personally I'm not looking forward to the new breed of cancer it'll bring.

Also slightly salty of all the time/gold it took to get certain weapons to do a 5/5/2 build and now have it all be given to 2h as well. But anyways how do the rest of you guys feel about it?
Nerf mudcrabs
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the death of MagDW which I'm sad about it

Makes staffs stronger for PvE (who cares, easy enough anyway)

I know its needed, and I wanted it in the past but u less they do more for other setups its going to really pigeon hole builds I think. Wizards with wands is dull.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I know its needed, and I wanted it in the past but u less they do more for other setups its going to really pigeon hole builds I think. Wizards with wands is dull.

but now you can run around with a 2h sword and cast spells :open_mouth:
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was about damn time !!!!
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Even though everyone will get stronger along with myself.. I think it's awesome.

The build I run currently is going to get a massive boost in the dps and resources department.

Moreso than others since honestly I don't think anyone shares my same playstyle or build.

Except for 1 other dude that loves it.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long overdue. It's not as if you couldn't run 5/5/2 setups with 2 hand weapons in the past, it mostly just adds more options.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »

I did that in the past - nirnhoned it did more dmg than DW (and the build just didn't need the extra slot from DW).. Used the Necropotence 2-hander which is Huuuggee!!!

Thing is though - it isn't just that which will kill mag DW - it's that and the combination of the light-attack buffs.
    Staff + weaving will be much more damage - sustained AND burst than DW with higher spelldmg but no weaves.
    Edited by Biro123 on May 1, 2018 8:32AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm extremely stoked
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for the chances of new builds and increase in power, I am sad it comes in a way I personally see as odd. Why can't a hold a sword with 2H and get the bonus?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a terrible idea. The game has been balanced around 2h counting as 1 set piece for so long that this change is going to break some classes and builds. Destro staff has received numerous buffs over the course of the game to account for this. This, along with the buff to light attack damage, jewelry crafting, and a new skill line, is too much too fast.

I predict Cyrodiil will become a menagerie of 2 shot builds and block tanks.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. On one character; it means I can move some abilities around for convenience as I won’t have to keep them “back barred” or “front barred” to hit the sets.

Having good abilities on the weapon lines that have 2 pieces will make them worthwhile for a change. Really what should be the determining factor all along.

Master, asylum weapons etc will need to be worth while and watched closely. I do have a build in mind for a niche where I will essentially backbar asylum 1h shield for a defense bar but it’s kind of just me screwing with things more than thinking it will be a great build.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »

So now dw sorcs will run 2h instead... we went back in time a few years it seems hahahaha
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about it, but I'd be more excited if ZOS didn't make big changes like this in a bubble without taking a look at the potential problems it will create.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I'm excited about it, but I'd be more excited if ZOS didn't make big changes like this in a bubble without taking a look at the potential problems it will create.

Yeah; I have to admit to having my reservations on having this, plus light attack heavy attack formula change, plus a new skill line anyone can use, to go along with new proc sets. There's a lot of opportunity to find something ridiculously OP or push a new homogenized meta.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a great change
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better than nothing and it will definitely benefit me, but it doesn't make much sense, I have to admit. I mean, at the end of the day it's just one item. It should count as just one.

What would make sense would be to make stuff like in Morrowind - each glove and pauldron and boot is an individual item, so it should count as one, not like a pair being one item. That would make combinations much more flexible and open - but perhaps a bit too flexible, which I guess is partly why ZOS hasn't gone for it.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely one of the best changes made
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a dw and bow build for my stamden, I give two *** about the boringness that is uppercut+ shalks + dawnbreaker.

It'll allow me to run Spriggans and Seventh legion on both my bow bar and dw bar, I am happy about that.

I dont think DW will die off because of this, I think it'll allow more leeway and set usage.

All they have to do is return attack speed increase to rapid strikes on top of everything else :3
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. The game has been balanced around 2h counting as 1 set piece for so long that this change is going to break some classes and builds. Destro staff has received numerous buffs over the course of the game to account for this. This, along with the buff to light attack damage, jewelry crafting, and a new skill line, is too much too fast.

I predict Cyrodiil will become a menagerie of 2 shot builds and block tanks.

ZoS counter in the past to 2h counting as 2 pieces of equipment was that 2h was stronger to compensate. I won't be surprised at all if they do the dirty to uppercut, reverse slash and/or momentum.

When they do, it's sure to turn those smiles upside down.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel pretty good about it, thank you for asking.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best change to combat since this game launched
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think this will just completely kill what little dualweild builds we see in cyro save for the niche bleed build. Also not looking forward to all the 2h stamdens that'll have a selenes on top of their beetles, uppercut, executioner combo.

I'm assuming many of people are happy with this change but personally I'm not looking forward to the new breed of cancer it'll bring.

Also slightly salty of all the time/gold it took to get certain weapons to do a 5/5/2 build and now have it all be given to 2h as well. But anyways how do the rest of you guys feel about it?

God yes its about time. So many monster helms just sitting
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About dam time, should have always been that way.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is stopping you from running your DW build it hasn't changed. However its finally fixing an glaring balance issue that stam had over staff users.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

No one is stopping you from running your DW build it hasn't changed. However its finally fixing an glaring balance issue that stam had over staff users.
    Not for PvP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think its a great change that we have needed for a long time and been asking for this for a while.
    it also means Zenimax listened and did as we asked which is Great :smiley:

the only part i'm scared about is that some builds might get overpowered from this, buut .. lets wait and see before making final judgements.

overall i think its a Great move.
    well done Zenimax.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for build diversity and a great change overall.

However, the game wasn’t balanced for this. It was balanced around 2H/Staff/Bow being 1 set piece. So next patch will likely feature some really OP setups and/or general imbalances, but that’s natural though ofc.

The only thing that I really dislike is that DW Mag builds are now 100% totally dead. My favorite playstyle for a very long time was a highly mobile DW Mag Sorc (and without Overload).... so rip all of that. Oh and fun fact, my second favorite playstyle is an Ice Mage PvP Warden in no-CP BGs, but probably rip that too because I lose my only non-Ult stun next patch. Things really aren’t going my way :lol:
    Edited by Vaoh on May 2, 2018 6:05AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    The only thing that I really dislike is that DW Mag builds are now 100% totally dead.

The only reason people will stop using them is they were a band-aid build to begin with. You also could not effectively LA or HA Weave with a DW Magic Set up.

However, nothing about this upcoming change is a Nerf to the DW Magic Build. So you can still do it if you want. And, even if you go Stick or 2H on your Magic Character, you can still be Mobile with Gap Closers in those weapon and class lines.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    However, nothing about this upcoming change is a Nerf to the DW Magic Build. So you can still do it if you want.

A buff to other builds is the same as a nerf to your own build if nothing changed about it. The strength of a build/set/skill can only be considered relative to others. That’s where “balance” comes into play. Now that 2h/staff users get the same set bonuses as dw, many people are wondering what the point of using dw in pvp will be. (At least in PvP- I don’t know much about end-game pve) It’s not like dw skills/passives are very powerful.

This change is also going to hurt SnB but I think that will still be in a good place because of its defensive capabilities.

I’m torn on whether I like this change though. I agree with others who say that this is too much of a change after too long of the game being balanced around the assumption that staff/2h count as 1-piece. It will break lots of current builds because there will now be better builds available. Once again, we will have to do more research and farm new weapons and armor to stay competitive. I don’t know if I have the patience for that anymore.
    At the same time, it will at least be intersting to see how builds and gameplay changes.

Also, it’s possible that snb and dw get their own buffs after testing or 2h/staff get other nerfs.

If uppercut gets nerfed, I would LolololHAHAHAHAlmaolmaoroflroflHAHAHA at all the people who use that skill for all of their builds. I agree, that would turn some smiles into frowns
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel GREAT about it.

HUdm2E3.jpg

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    The only thing that I really dislike is that DW Mag builds are now 100% totally dead.

The only reason people will stop using them is they were a band-aid build to begin with. You also could not effectively LA or HA Weave with a DW Magic Set up.

However, nothing about this upcoming change is a Nerf to the DW Magic Build. So you can still do it if you want. And, even if you go Stick or 2H on your Magic Character, you can still be Mobile with Gap Closers in those weapon and class lines.

There was a time when going DW with Mag was truly effective in PvP, and even on some builds in PvE. This has been slowly stripped away each patch for awhile now. In Summerset you will see some Mag builds running 2H for Forward Momentum but that’s it - no more DW.

You are correct that DW was not nerfed, but rather the alternatives were heavily buffed. Destro Staves in particular will now count as two set pieces and hit way harder on light attacks. 2H is the same as DW but with better passives and an extremely strong active skill.

Again, not saying Summerset changes are bad. They’re good imo. It’s just sad to see an *option* get made totally obsolete.... even moreso when it happens to completely kill off my favorite playstyle in this game. Maybe it doesn’t affect you but I know you’ll care quite a bit if something like this happened to your own favorite playstyle :unamused:
    Edited by Vaoh on May 3, 2018 3:18AM