Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why isn't anyone talking about Sload?

• Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody is allowed to talk about certain content because that would break the NDA, yet they go and name a set after a thing called a Sload....
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really a great up time? I'd imagine on force pulse or jabs/sweeps it could be, even dot builds, but for anything else i can't imagine it being that high. I guess vs groups you could just drop 1 aoe and have near 100% though.

For solo/ duels, sure you can get lucky, but I've seen surge proc after ~15 rune casts and it's a 15% chance. That's 15 seconds between procs. That type of unreliability is what made me go those where.

It's a decent dot being oblivion, but it's strength probably comes from most players inexperience vs oblivion dmg than any thing else.

Also it only effects 1 target, so vs large groups where you're using aoeto proc it, you have no control over it. That's bad.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll hit like 400 damage with battle spirit, and that's easily out-healable. That's probably why people aren't too concerned.

Oblivion damage is not reduced by battlespirit home skillet.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Calling it right now, the Cloak-breaking property will be removed next PTS update. They'll call it a bug or something.

Then we'll see Shieldbreaker Sloads in Cyrodiil, mostly zergblades spamming Poison Injection and light attacks, with Cloak to avoid any serious threat. They'll call it skillful play and ask for sorc nerfs if they get killed once.

Nah, I'm not salty. I think unavoidable Xv1 damage is super duper good design, especially when the gank class becomes immune to it. In my mind I have that image of ZOS combat team sitting around a table, all wearing cloaks and having Ezio and Altaïr statues littered across the place.
    :trollface: :
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    It seems fairly balanced to me, I'm more excited about the 2-4 bonuses honestly. I love the hybrid flavor.

The vast majority of the other sets coming in Summerset are utter garbage though, just be glad this one isn't.

Fairly balanced to me as well. People forget thick skin will provide legit x% mitigation (assuming most builds don't use projection buffs as well.).

Plus I assume it won't proc if you can't damage with other damage on a shield or that DMG gets dodged lol.

Oblivion Damage is not mitigated by anything. Not even Battle Spirit, CPs, etc.
    It seems fairly balanced to me, I'm more excited about the 2-4 bonuses honestly. I love the hybrid flavor.

The vast majority of the other sets coming in Summerset are utter garbage though, just be glad this one isn't.

Fairly balanced to me as well. People forget thick skin will provide legit x% mitigation (assuming most builds don't use projection buffs as well.).

Plus I assume it won't proc if you can't damage with other damage on a shield or that DMG gets dodged lol.

My bad, was thinking of bleeds.

This set should be a bleed set :).

Do bleeds not go through shields?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, just aren't mitigated by resistance or block
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nothing goes through shields except oblivion damage.

...and Take Flight. :trollface:
    EU | PC | AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, just aren't mitigated by resistance or block

This. And I was thinking about specific things like status effects not procing through shields.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt it'll be nerfed before live. This set is just so good for PvP.

I mean shield breaker gets tons of threads. I feel this is breaker on roids.

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

So it's an easy to trigger proc. It's damage is Oblivion meaning right off the bat it's damage tip is comparable to Overwhelming Surge.

It's unresistable, goes under Shields, is a dot (oh love them triggers)

the damage is Oblivion, it will not be reduced by BS or Resistance or Shields, the value equivalent of 1700 damage tooltip

The 2-4 bonus are really good as well.

I instantly fell in love with this set. When that happens it's usually called OP

People aren't talking about because they plan on beelining to the crafting location and making it.

Is it OP? I recall the cries of torug's + infused + Oblivion damage enchant WILL DESTROY PVP. I recall the cries of Knight Slayer set being OP. Turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Now if they go and make a monster set with burst that's oblivion damage... Maybe. But a not so hard ticking dot, even with great uptime isn't likely to be so broken.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

So it's an easy to trigger proc. It's damage is Oblivion meaning right off the bat it's damage tip is comparable to Overwhelming Surge.

the damage is Oblivion, it will not be reduced by BS or Resistance or Shields, the value equivalent of 1700 damage tooltip

I instantly fell in love with this set. When that happens it's usually called OP

People aren't talking about because they plan on beelining to the crafting location and making it.

Is it OP? I recall the cries of torug's + infused + Oblivion damage enchant WILL DESTROY PVP. I recall the cries of Knight Slayer set being OP. Turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Now if they go and make a monster set with burst that's oblivion damage... Maybe. But a not so hard ticking dot, even with great uptime isn't likely to be so broken.

Well the OG Oblivion Torug was gonna destroy it, that's why it got nerfed lol! (Also why I said anything more than 30% Nerf to O damage glyph would make it only a niche glyph and I was right)

I personally don't think sload is OP (just when I like anything it's called OP)

Maybe slimecraw in conjunction with sload?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

Well the OG Oblivion Torug was gonna destroy it, that's why it got nerfed lol! (Also why I said anything more than 30% Nerf to O damage glyph would make it only a niche glyph and I was right)

Well I can imagine sload, Caluurion’s + skoria being pretty much the pinnacle of humor.

Any nightblade gaining minor berserk already has what slimeclaw grants. And it does increase the damage of oblivion.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

Well I can imagine sload, Caluurion’s + skoria being pretty much the pinnacle of humor.

Any nightblade gaining minor berserk already has what slimeclaw grants. And it does increase the damage of oblivion.

I, um, purposely don't use my NB for PvP. There's just too many of them.

I'm going back to my OG Sorc.

I was surprised, though, to prefer winterborn over skoria on live.

Thing is. Sload, skoria and Cal are all single Target. Of course I'll try it, but liking the idea of Craw too (for sorc)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Calling it right now, the Cloak-breaking property will be removed next PTS update. They'll call it a bug or something.

Then we'll see Shieldbreaker Sloads in Cyrodiil, mostly zergblades spamming Poison Injection and light attacks, with Cloak to avoid any serious threat. They'll call it skillful play and ask for sorc nerfs if they get killed once.

Nah, I'm not salty. I think unavoidable Xv1 damage is super duper good design, especially when the gank class becomes immune to it. In my mind I have that image of ZOS combat team sitting around a table, all wearing cloaks and having Ezio and Altaïr statues littered across the place.

Since Sload breaks Cloak... RIP nightblade. No wait... RIP everything.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Since Sload breaks Cloak... RIP nightblade. No wait... RIP everything.

Same goes for sorcs. It's the same in green. I would honestly just havecthis set deal poison or magic damage, depending on what's higher.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh not really convinced. People are getting too hung up on the 5pc. You cant compare this to surge or viper for example simply because of the way hybrid sets like these are budgeted. An entrire set bonus provides a non primary resource (pvp / utility benedits i understand but this ties directly into the complaints about its damage potential).

Its not really overkill and im just waiting for the day some dolt posts a screen shot where sload has just the right amount of uptime to show as credit on a death recap, and its tallied amount on full display followed by vitriol and rage about imbalance
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 30, 2018 9:59PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

No, it doesn't. It increase tooltip, like cp's, but actual dmg stay same. Not sure how many times it must be reapeted.

About the set i just hope it will stay like that, breaking cloak, so we can see those cryposts from nb's about it. A bit like shieldbreaker vs sorcs :D
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a duelist will run this or something, but let's remember: DoTs can be purged. Use a cleansing set, slot efficient purge, templars can drop a ritual, and magdens can netch it up.

Also, bear in mind that while it won't be reduced by resistances or battle spirit, it will be reduced by debuffs and buffs like maim, protection, and other percentage-based reductions from sets and CP. Of course it would be increased by vulnerability, but that's where purge comes in.

Honestly, this strikes me as a permablock/permashield killer, and not much else. It will be effective against the two classes that usually run those builds, the tripot DK and the magSorc, because the DoT puts pressure on their resources and time allocation to recoup health, but anyone with any cleanse is in the clear.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing affects oblivion damage. No protection, no vulnerability, no CP. Nothing.

And usually you have more than just one or two debuffs on you, which makes purge way too unreliable and a huge resource waste. Only templars will be able to counter this set.
    Edited by Rianai on May 1, 2018 12:39AM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Nothing affects oblivion damage. No protection, no vulnerability, no CP. Nothing.

And usually you have more than just one or two debuffs on you, which makes purge way too unreliable and a huge resource waste. Only templars will be able to counter this set.

I stand corrected on the reductions, but as a stamblade I'm not worried about this. In large group your healer will heal through it if you can't. In small group you will not have as many debuffs and simply will have to slot and use a cleanse. Wyrd Tree's Blessing comes to mind as well.

The 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses aren't particularly strong either, and it is exclusively single-target. People freaked out about Defiler and it came to nothing.

If this set ends up being a problem, it will be a problem for the same people who already have problems with shield breaker, namely non-mobile, high defense builds like the perma-blocking tripotDK and the shield-stacking magsorc. In large-group you are totally covered by any healer around. In small group--in which healers do exist--you'll just want someone running purge and you'll need to keep the pressure up on the person wielding it to force them to play defensively.

The set will do well in protracted fights, since it is, again, ultimately about the green and blue bars rather than the red one.
    Edited by waitwhat on May 1, 2018 12:55AM
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bring more people to counter it. Great argumentation ...
    Guess everything is balanced then, because bringing more players always works vs everything.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Just bring more people to counter it. Great argumentation ...
    Guess everything is balanced then, because bringing more players always works vs everything.

That's only one part of what I'm saying.

In small group, the counter is to have someone slot purge and keep the pressure up on the person wearing sload. Scroll up and read please.

Being disadvantaged by a set when you play solo doesn't make that set unbalanced in and of itself.

"30s to eval"
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

It's actually the third 5-piece that deals oblivion damage, but you can obviously only wear two of them at a time. You have Shieldbreaker and knight slayer already. So if you were going to do a stack oblivion build you can already do it. Now you just have a little more flexibility with a DOT instead of upfront damage.

In fact the real change is going to be jewelry crafting, not the set itself.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

It's actually the third 5-piece that deals oblivion damage, but you can obviously only wear two of them at a time. You have Shieldbreaker and knight slayer already. So if you were going to do a stack oblivion build you can already do it. Now you just have a little more flexibility with a DOT instead of upfront damage.

I've ran knight Slayer, it's very slow and is only reliable with lightning and resto staff - meaning it's slow af.

Knight Slayer is super effective against those huge health builds when combined with defile.

Sload is much much more practical. Shield breaker, despite it's nicheness, still gets OP threads.

Sload works against everything. Sload in a vacuum isn't knocking anyone over. Thing is, when a player is already reeling from burst sload keeps a massive amount of pressure
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

Nothing goes through shields except oblivion damage.

...and Take Flight. :trollface:

Note to self.... Use oblivion dmg front bar, poisons backbar.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a strong set if you combine it with DoTs and/or oblivion damage. Oblivion damage and damage proc sets are two things I don't like so of course I wish this set didn't exist. It won't be as bad as Shieldbreaker even if combined with Oblivion Torug's, even if it continues to break Cloak Shadowy Disguise (which it shouldn't).
    That being said... just why is this set in the game? What purpose does it serve, exactly? Was oblivion damage in DoT-form really what anyone was missing?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

I've ran knight Slayer, it's very slow and is only reliable with lightning and resto staff - meaning it's slow af.

Knight Slayer is super effective against those huge health builds when combined with defile.

Sload is much much more practical. Shield breaker, despite it's nicheness, still gets OP threads.

Sload works against everything. Sload in a vacuum isn't knocking anyone over. Thing is, when a player is already reeling from burst sload keeps a massive amount of pressure

4800 damage over 6 seconds is manageable though, and it drastically impacts burst potential you can give bc of its 2,3,4 bonuses. 230 effective spell/wpn dmg isn't much at all. It's not a great chance to proc on single target without dots or attacks with multiple hits per second. For instance, a light attack force pulse weave or if all jabs connect has a 35% chance one of damage instances will proc it. That's decent. But for a typical light attack skill weave it's only 19%

In alcasts video he uses aoe to test it with 6 dummies. That's a 47% chance on the first tick of his aoe to proc the set. Of course he'll have good uptime.. however he cannot dictate which dummy it procd on, making it much less manageable and reducing its effectiveness imo. Procing it and procing it against the right opponent in small scale are different beasts.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

4800 damage over 6 seconds is manageable though, and it drastically impacts burst potential you can give bc of its 2,3,4 bonuses. 230 effective spell/wpn dmg isn't much at all. It's not a great chance to proc on single target without dots or attacks with multiple hits per second. For instance, a light attack force pulse weave or if all jabs connect has a 35% chance one of damage instances will proc it. That's decent. But for a typical light attack skill weave it's only 19%

In alcasts video he uses aoe to test it with 6 dummies. That's a 47% chance on the first tick of his aoe to proc the set. Of course he'll have good uptime.. however he cannot dictate which dummy it procd on, making it much less manageable and reducing its effectiveness imo. Procing it and procing it against the right opponent in small scale are different beasts.

It's 5,142 base my friend :tongue:

I prefer the mid to late sload proc on a sorc.

Let's see...

For me in a BG it's usually: LA (for enchantment) Cage Swap, Blockade (in summer this may become imbue...) La, Reach, LA, Curse, LA, Wrath (say I don't have to use reach etc multiple times)

That's 10 x 10% before wrath (so Sload really should proc mid or late combo) meaning if Caluurion or Born, Curse etc get them low, that Oblivion keeps mad pressure. ESPECIALLY on fellow Shield users (keeping them in execute range)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

Let's see...

For me in a BG it's usually: LA (for enchantment) Cage Swap, Blockade (in summer this may become imbue...) La, Reach, LA, Curse, LA, Wrath (say I don't have to use reach etc multiple times)

That's 10 x 10% before wrath (so Sload really should proc mid or late combo) meaning if Caluurion or Born, Curse etc get them low, that Oblivion keeps mad pressure. ESPECIALLY on fellow Shield users (keeping them in execute range)

If blockade ticks each second after you cast its 12 instances of dmg right? That's a 72% chance that at least 1 of those damage sources will proc sload.

I see what you mean about its strength vs shield users, but you think it's more effective than upping your burst damage to begin with?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage

Let's see...

If blockade ticks each second after you cast its 12 instances of dmg right? That's a 72% chance that at least 1 of those damage sources will proc sload.

I see what you mean about its strength vs shield users, but you think it's more effective than upping your burst damage to begin with?

I'm focused on BGs and in no CP proc dmg is huge. So with these builds I'm using proc dmg to make up for lower stats.

I'm also running mage Mundus because with these sets mag pool is too low without.

Again though, Cal, winterborn, skoria, zaan, sload all make up for any mediocre dmg stats

Edit: no 3 ticks of Blockade, 2 from reach edit again! Btw you can run poisons for 30% ish more chance?

Imo I have two build ideas. One with caluurion and elemental weapon and another with winterborn and blockade
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 1, 2018 6:55AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Summerset (wearing Sload). I did one LA on a mudcrab and luckily Sload proc'ed. I stood there, expecting the mudcrab to die from the oblivion damage tics ... but no, the mudcrab did not die. I did one more LA and lucky for me the set proc'ed again. I stood there and watched the mudcrab, but even after a second round of Sload's oblivion damage, it didn't die. It was then that I realized Solad isn't OP, but the drama over the set IS.