Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to become a Werewolf/Vampire

• Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    Cutekhaos wrote: »
    For EP you need to be in the rift, and you need to find the rare spawn, I need to confirm they are in the same place until, I'll answer pm's as to locations, I don't know anything about the werewolf bit as I was only a vampire at prior to launch.

Rift is confirmed, so far with help of others I have confirmed 2 locations in Rift. But also Vamps spawn in Rift too.

• Reckquiem
    Reckquiem
    ✭✭
    Draconythe wrote: »
    Cutekhaos wrote: »
    For EP you need to be in the rift, and you need to find the rare spawn, I need to confirm they are in the same place until, I'll answer pm's as to locations, I don't know anything about the werewolf bit as I was only a vampire at prior to launch.

Rift is confirmed, so far with help of others I have confirmed 2 locations in Rift. But also Vamps spawn in Rift too.

So would you be able to tell me the rare spawn locations and at what Level it is possible to complete the quest after you get infected ?
  • Draconythe
    Draconythe
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I am going to be revamping my post
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/506990#Comment_506990
    More details and possible locations etc etc but primarily be focused on Ebonheart Pact unless others give into for other factions.

Also before you do, keep in mind even though it is posted in the guide section, it is not a guide but just a bunch of information put together in detail.
    Edited by ZOS_RobinsonE on April 4, 2014 7:06PM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »
    They allowed early access without allow vampire and werewolf skill lines?Thank the Gods.

Fixed that for you.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone does become one, please add me on your contacts. I'd like to know more if possible, and where to hunt for the best chances to get bitten. Got a couple that are interested in turning in my guild and I'd like to work out a plot embracing it. @DragonMother on the NA megaserver, Ebonheart Pact.
    Edited by DragonMother on April 3, 2014 8:13PM
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    murpf wrote: »
    guys, the only way to become a werewolf or a vampire is a late game rare spawn that triggers the quest chain. so don't worry we will all get there sooner or later. normal spawns for werewolves and vamps will not infect you.

But don't make a toon and immediately decide you want to be a WW or a Vamp, its just flavour on top of a class. i know i want to as much as you guys but it needs to be known that its impossible early game unless you have someone to perform the ritual on you.

Also there are people who have reached level cap already and i haven't heard of anyone becoming a WW or a Vamp yet so i don't think anyone has found the spawns yet.
    probably at least 5 exist now. On late night launch day I saw werewolf spawns and I did not want to get infected but my friend did the quest line and then cured himself haha. He was North Americas first I am pretty sure. As for Vampires I am 99% positive no person has yet. Also he was able to solo the quest at lvl 18-19 as a tanky build. I am pretty sure you can get people to help you with the quest as long as they are infected also. Being at least lvl 15 will help for it but you can have others help do what needs to be done.
    Edited by BloodStorm on April 2, 2014 10:08AM
  • Angua
    Angua
    ✭✭✭
    These are only in the starting areas beyond the initial 1-15~ level areas, correct? i.e. Stormhaven and not Glenumbra for Daggerfall?

I found a weird statue in Daggerfall that had a scroll next to it that couldn't be read. The statue had the god of death/grim reaper on it (I think so at least--it was a faceless man in a coweled robe) and looked like some sort of shrine. It was pretty much out in the middle of nowhere--not too far from the border to Stormhaven but still inside Glenumbra. Made me think it had some importance, but I couldn't interact with it in any way.

The scroll wasn't interactable but looked like it should be glowing. Found it really odd.

Also--I assume you get an alert when bitten? Or does it only appear on your character info screen without any notification?
  • parangea
    parangea
    ✭✭
    My main character is currently infected, yet i cannot fully turn into a vampire yet because the quest to becoming an actual one is quite hard and involves killing lvl 42 npc's. My char is now lvl 18. I recommend getting the blessing at lvl 23 and up, and having a strong survivability build.

[edit] AD. Should've mentioned that!
    Edited by parangea on April 3, 2014 8:23PM
    -The herd shall bleed to feed their masters, House Nyssara shall reign supreme-
    ~For the Dread Father and the Night Mother~
    Dunmer Vampire Sorcerer. Aldmeri Dominion
  • 1337VV4ff135
    1337VV4ff135
    ✭✭✭
    parangea wrote: »
    My main character is currently infected, yet i cannot fully turn into a vampire yet because the quest to becoming an actual one is quite hard and involves killing lvl 42 npc's. My char is now lvl 18. I recommend getting the blessing at lvl 23 and up, and having a strong survivability build.

Did you run with us in The Rift last night? :P
  • parangea
    parangea
    ✭✭
    Did you run with us in The Rift last night? :P
    nope, i'm AD. Should've mentioned that. Why didn't i mention that?!
    Edited by parangea on April 3, 2014 8:22PM
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    Just would like to say that the quest is doable at level 14. I killed 6 mobs before the server went down and I am melee no bow trickery was used. I'll give you a hint on how to do it.

Hint: In world of warcraft what was the most annoying thing about fighting rogues before the burning crusade launched?

When you understand the answer to this you will understand how to beat the 42's At a reletively low level.
  • parangea
    parangea
    ✭✭
    Just would like to say that the quest is doable at level 14. I killed 6 mobs before the server went down and I am melee no bow trickery was used. I'll give you a hint on how to do it.

Hint: In world of warcraft what was the most annoying thing about fighting rogues before the burning crusade launched?

When you understand the answer to this you will understand how to beat the 42's At a reletively low level.

cuz we all played wow! What a useless hint
  • Sarahyuki
    Sarahyuki
    ✭✭
    Just bring a bow for sneak attack get a knockdown/stun/root skill in any tree then if you get low on hp use the vamp skill drain essence. should be fairly easy to do around and after 20, bring some hp potions if you feel you need or just wana be safe.

Edit: thats my tip atleast talked and seen a few people do it that way, me i was lucky enough to be 28. :)
    Edited by Sarahyuki on April 3, 2014 9:40PM
  • jody.roaneub17_ESO
    But... but... wow was the first mmo.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is how you do it:
    Find a NPC named Edward (can be easily noticed, he's sparkling) and he'll transform you upon request. Only works for female characters though.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      p_tsakirisb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just an FYI.

Werewolves & Vampires, might seem "tempting" choices given their skill line, however you should know the drawback.

Which is that you are completely toasted if you encounter player that has opened all the passives from the Fighter's guild.
    • johndogb14_ESO
      johndogb14_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      I just got a message saying "You cannot do this while in Werewolf form" when trying to fish. WTF. I don't recall being beit or fighting a werewolf. LOL
    • Seravi
      Seravi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just got the werewolf message trying to fish as well. I am only level 8 so I need ot get rid of this. I don't want to be one and can't find how to cure it. I really hate to abandon this character but I will need to unless I can get rid of this. I did help someone in Glenumbra fight a werewolf so I guess that is where I was infected but I didn't get near them. I shot them off the bridge.
      Edited by Seravi on April 5, 2014 3:03PM
    • Pucel
      Pucel
      Kendaric wrote: »
      This is how you do it:
      Find a NPC named Edward (can be easily noticed, he's sparkling) and he'll transform you upon request. Only works for female characters though.
      Where is he?
      Or just a joke? :>

• Monkeyshoeslive
      Monkeyshoeslive
      ✭✭✭
      Xnemesis wrote: »
      This will become a very lucrative business for the person who gets the disease to turn people

It's on a 7 day cool down I think. Not that lucrative.

• Brittany_Joy
      Brittany_Joy
      ✭✭✭✭
      Xnemesis wrote: »
      This will become a very lucrative business for the person who gets the disease to turn people

It's on a 7 day cool down I think. Not that lucrative.

Actually the business will be great. The werewolf and vampire disease are in high demand. and we should know that once something becomes high demand the prices will rise.
    • Medwin
      Medwin
      ✭✭✭✭
      I have a guide on how to become a vampire, currently only have the DC and EP location. But my guide covers pretty much everything you need to know, feeding, stages, where to get it, when they spawn, skills, how to be cured, bugs with being a vampie, and some feedback. There are also lots of pictures. Anyway, you can go read my guide here if you want.
      Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
      Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
      RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
    • Brittany_Joy
      Brittany_Joy
      ✭✭✭✭
      Medwin wrote: »
      I have a guide on how to become a vampire, currently only have the DC and EP location. But my guide covers pretty much everything you need to know, feeding, stages, where to get it, when they spawn, skills, how to be cured, bugs with being a vampie, and some feedback. There are also lots of pictures. Anyway, you can go read my guide here if you want.
      But there are so many guides already for the DC and EP. We need Aldmeri Dominion guides!

Edited by Brittany_Joy on April 6, 2014 1:10AM
    • Medwin
      Medwin
      ✭✭✭✭
      @Brittany_Joy‌
      I plan to update my guide to have the AD locations once I befriend someone who knows them and will mark them for me. Till then @Samiri‌ did an awesome video on how to get it in AD. You could probably go to her thread and ask questions along with watch the video.
      Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
      Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
      RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
    • macinley1ub17_ESO
      I know of one spot for the AD side but that's it, i have heard of others but so far haven't been able to check. Last time i tried with vampires the person claimed some one killed them right after i got there.

I have seen two vamps in a row out side of the dune wayshrine though. So far that's it. The video mentioned above is in that area.
    • Locksoli
      Locksoli
      ✭✭
      Ok, so from what I've read, the werewolves and vampires that infect you are found in high level areas of the faction one is in. that means that for me, it would be bangkorai, for ebenheart it would be the rift, and almeri dominion, No idea. but I know its bangkorai for me. so I'm all set
    • liquidhope
      couple of people in my guild are vamps already and 1 at least is able to infect others
    • Sarenia
      Sarenia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Level 50 PvP will very likely be "TES VI: The Vampires vs. Werewolves Wars".

Not saying that's good or bad. It just _is_ and we should probably accept that.

I really wanted my character to be one. It fits her perfectly, in her RP personality and background. But there's going to be so many running around, I decided against it, just for the sake of not being trope.

What would really make sense is if Alliances shunned undead and beasts like vamps/werewolves, leaving them into their own separate faction -- Kill On Sight by NPCs in any alliance, and players in any alliance, so they have to survive out in the wilds (but can only attack or be attacked by players within 5 levels of them).
      Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 12:29AM
      [beta_group_85b_9]
    • sexgodapocalypse
      someone told me that your level had to be high 30s to become a werewolf, is that true?
    • Azsheyal
      Azsheyal
      Soul Shriven
      No, you can get the infection at really low levels, last night my lvl 14 got the disease in Reaper's March, the problem is when you go to do the quest line, the very first enemies you need to fight are lvl 42.