Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congrats On the Upcoming 2-Handed Change

tnanever
tnanever
✭✭✭
It was so dumb for you guys to make 2-handed weapons penalize the player's set completion ability for no reason in the first place, but seriously, glad to see you're finally fixing it. Players were complaining about that design flaw for YEARS. It's literally the reason I'm going to subscribe again when Summerset Isle comes out - so congrats on getting me to pay more money for your improved product.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if only stamina 2h wasn't nerfed so that it can compete with dw on pve.
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 29, 2018 10:50PM
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I'm still likely going to be running around using a two-hander preferably.

Honestly, I find myself doing more damage to things with a two-hander as opposed to Dual-Wielding. And yet Two-Handers are still unacceptable in PvE. Why?
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

Honestly, I find myself doing more damage to things with a two-hander as opposed to Dual-Wielding. And yet Two-Handers are still unacceptable in PvE. Why?

Because community of elitists said so, as 2H pulls a tiny tiny weeny beany less DPS. It's not a game flaw, it's a flaw in the player community being big headed.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because many believe that the all mighty practice dummy is the end all test to complete content.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

Because community of elitists said so, as 2H pulls a tiny tiny weeny beany less DPS. It's not a game flaw, it's a flaw in the player community being big headed.

I often hear the saying that sustained DPS is more important than burst DPS, which I usually would shrug and agree with. But in the case of two-handed weapons, I see a noticeably higher output with a greatsword than what I'd get with two smaller weapons.

And yet people have panic attacks. At that point yeah, I'd put it down to elitists being crap.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some dev apparently thinks that a smaller sword or even a dagger will deal more dmg on a light attack then a big whopping 2h hammer.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Because many believe that the all mighty practice dummy is the end all test to complete content.

Like in every mmo this days. And when you add a mehanic, their damage ends up being bad or they end up dead due to tunnel vision.

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Definitly agree with this here.

2h works in PVE, but it is nowhere near competitive with DW at the top end. Nerfing light and heavy attack damage for it was overkill.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I often hear the saying that sustained DPS is more important than burst DPS, which I usually would shrug and agree with. But in the case of two-handed weapons, I see a noticeably higher output with a greatsword than what I'd get with two smaller weapons.

And yet people have panic attacks. At that point yeah, I'd put it down to elitists being crap.

Because you can't burst down a 3 mil boss. No matter how good your burst is. Simple.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Some dev apparently thinks that a smaller sword or even a dagger will deal more dmg on a light attack then a big whopping 2h hammer.

In the right hands they all do the same, they kill people instantly.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got a little giddy last night when I realized I could wear a 5/5/2 build on my Healer complete with a full Monster Set now. Making Staves count as 2pcs is gonna be SO liberating.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This one gets is! It irks me beyond belief when people talk about their DPS dummy parses. Dead easy to DPS a non-moving, non-attacking, non-healing DUMMY. I would like to see them achieve those numbers in PvP when you are in a 50 v 50 fights or on a Trial boss that one shots you.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I actually got a little giddy last night when I realized I could wear a 5/5/2 build on my Healer complete with a full Monster Set now. Making Staves count as 2pcs is gonna be SO liberating.

Totally! I can't wait! Having ALL of my characters being magicka based this is a welcome change. I could never accept my lore friendly powerful mage characters to wield daggers or a shield, because of 2pc bonus.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good change going to really open up more possibilities for builds and will help promote build diversity.

This and jewelry crafting will significantly shift the way the game is played-- Likely for the better.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one gets is! It irks me beyond belief when people talk about their DPS dummy parses. Dead easy to DPS a non-moving, non-attacking, non-healing DUMMY. I would like to see them achieve those numbers in PvP when you are in a 50 v 50 fights or on a Trial boss that one shots you.

There is no such thing as DPS in PvP. It's all about that burst. You've ever seen someone testing PvP builds on a dummy?

Only stupid people assume that dummy parses are representative of the players perfomance in an actual dungeon/trial. But if you can't pull 30k on a "non-moving, non-attacking, non-healing DUMMY" you are not pulling that in an actual fight. Simple. No matter how good you are at avoiding that one shot. You. Are. Not. Pulling. That. DPS.
    Edited by Royaji on April 30, 2018 12:21AM
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual Wield puts out higher sustained DPS, this is an absolute fact, its not something someone just decided and everyone sheepled along with, it was determined by exhaustive theorycrafting and testing by a large number of players.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Dual Wield puts out higher sustained DPS, this is an absolute fact, its not something someone just decided and everyone sheepled along with, it was determined by exhaustive theorycrafting and testing by a large number of players.

You mean elitists who treat games as their meaning of life.
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 30, 2018 6:38AM
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah certain PVE mechanics can take better advantage of the 2h burst damage and some players may understand the animations better and just do more with it. I wouldn't care if they ran a 2h so long as we weren't going through the dungeon at a snail's pace. That's all that matters to me personally.

The problem is, why is ZOS afraid of their ability to light weave? Like... this whole thing about them going 5-5-2 is just baiting pve players into choosing something completely suboptimal. No average player is going to read PTS sub patch notes. It's not really fair to have people's hope for a viable, competitive PVE dps for 2h get taken away by invisible patching. ZOS isn't honest about their intentions with other players and that's frustrating
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Conduit0 wrote: »

You mean elitists who treat games as their meaning of life.

Exactly.

Well, to be fair, I think it is safe to say that most people have noticed that Dual Wielding does more in the sustained department (Even my girlfriend noticed that), but it is unfair to completely dismiss two-handed weapons from the equation. I mean, most MMO's don't, or shouldn't be doing that, it kinda ruins the purpose of a weapon if one is to say "This weapon is not usable in any shape or form for PvE, do not use it".

Imagine if World of Warcraft (As a popular example) had that standpoint with weapons. Why, half the classes in the game would be considered unplayable then.
    Royaji wrote: »

Because you can't burst down a 3 mil boss. No matter how good your burst is. Simple.

Then why even have Two-Handed weapons around? Might as well remove them, if they are "That Useless".

And no, I don't count PvP as part of their purpose, because let's be honest, a battlefield full of barbarians makes about as little sense as a twelve-man group of assassins (Meaning players who are dual-wielding for their main damage), a warrior or two with a shield, and a few spellcasters of different schools of magic.
    Edited by Kalgert on April 30, 2018 9:20AM
  • DoobZ69
    DoobZ69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tank and DW players always do more dps than 2handers. This may be because theyre usually only have 50k hp and spam vigour..... I need to stop tanking.....
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha ha ha. I always quack up hard when I read or hear someone say 2H (particularly greatsword) is underperforming in PvE. I have 15 maxed toons; 3 are sorcs, 2 are DW and the rest are all 2H in one way, shape or form. There is a reason why only 2 of my toons are DW. It is because I do more damages with my 2H toons.. bottomline.. period. It also depends on how you play; the build, skills and rotations you are using. If you're not making good of any of those, then yes, perhaps, the 2H toon/player can very well be underperforming. Then, again, it is the same with any other toons. DW is good as well, but, no way is 2H any less. Those saying so are, I'm certain, don't often or ever use a 2H greatsword toon.

Oh, by the way.. hell yeah on the 2H finally going to be considered as 2 sets as DW. It's about freaking *beep* *beeping* time. However, hell no to the so-call nerf to its heavy attack; supposedly to come! What are you devs thinking? Where are your mindset going with this nerf or any other toon's nerfs? What is wrong with you guys?! You all need some good beach-slapping. Ha ha
    Edited by GreenhaloX on April 30, 2018 1:08PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait for this change to drop, all my magkica dd's wont have to front/back bar different sets now if I don't want to anymore, plus my healers can have a monster set now....

I cannot wait..... :p
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    Where can I find the changes?
    Incoming negative comment protection due noobness: ON
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you sir get an awesome and agree from me, sick of telling people that the dps test dummy is not the be all and end all to see how good you are.

As you rightly point out, it doesnt move, it doesnt heal and importantly it doesnt hit you back. The sooner elitards understand this the better and then there is more chance players have of getting into trial groups. I'ts about knowing mechanics and not standing in stupid and being able to block when you have to.

Amen
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajintse wrote: »
    Where can I find the changes?
    Incoming negative comment protection due noobness: ON

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/407045/pts-patch-notes-v4-0-0/p1
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh... I’ve heard tell that...it’s not the Size of the Weapon....it’s what you Do with it that matters...lol
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

In the right hands they all do the same, they kill people instantly.

Yes.... People....

Now try to Stab/Hit a giant Daedra Dragon with a dagger... now try it with a 2h cleaver...

Also... its easier to cut big chunk of Wood with a 2h axe then with a 1h axe... Let alone a small Dagger LOL
    Edited by Zordrage on April 30, 2018 6:17PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because an Elitist min/maxxer said so.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2H is a child's toy. Thats why you start the game with it. Time for a lot of players to graduate but with this change they will stay with there security blanket instead. Bad change.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Esquirel
    Esquirel
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    2H is a child's toy. Thats why you start the game with it. Time for a lot of players to graduate but with this change they will stay with there security blanket instead. Bad change.

"a child's toy"??? Really??? Guess, that's why ZOS felt it should lower the LA damage output of my 2H melee weapon to below using chop sticks and lower the resource return of my 2H HA on top of it as well... :/

When I 1st read about the upcoming changes on the PTS forum I just couldn't believe it. There is no rhyme nor reason to this nerf!

Be it as it may, I do not succumb to this "chop sticks for everone" mentality.

My 2H melee weapon is my weapon of choice and I will continue to use my "child's toy"...