Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why isn't anyone talking about Sload?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I doubt it'll be nerfed before live. This set is just so good for PvP.

I mean shield breaker gets tons of threads. I feel this is breaker on roids.

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
4 – 129 Spell Damage
4 – 129 Weapon Damage
5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

So it's an easy to trigger proc. It's damage is Oblivion meaning right off the bat it's damage tip is comparable to Overwhelming Surge.

It's unresistable, goes under Shields, is a dot (oh love them triggers)

the damage is Oblivion, it will not be reduced by BS or Resistance or Shields, the value equivalent of 1700 damage tooltip

The 2-4 bonus are really good as well.

I instantly fell in love with this set. When that happens it's usually called OP
Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2018 2:05AM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'll hit like 400 damage with battle spirit, and that's easily out-healable. That's probably why people aren't too concerned.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on April 30, 2018 2:03AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll hit like 400 damage, and that's easily out-healable. That's probably why people aren't too concerned.

It's Oblivion damage buddy! It won't be reduced by Battle Spirit nor armor nor Shields.

It's tooltip in PvP is the equivalent of 1700 before % mods.

I tried to express that in the OP. I'll edit it to be more clear
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shield breaker is over 2k oblivion damage every light attack. This set requires a proc and deals a pretty small amount of damage overall.

Infused Oblivion enchant is probably more DPS than this.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Shield breaker is over 2k oblivion damage every light attack. This set requires a proc and deals a pretty small amount of damage overall.

>implying someone can't use both
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2k against only shield users (a big drawback say against Stam NB)

It'll do about 1k Oblivion damage per sec with 90% up time

And on PTS takes peeps outta cloak

Edit: remember when everyone thought acuity sucked because of how the numbers made it look "small"?

It's a better overwhelming surge for PvP

Let me math it up a bit -

Because it's Oblivion damage, in PvP, the base value damage is equivalent to 1700 dmg per sec.

But because it's Oblivion damage, it also ignores armor resistance, so unless you're fully penetrating your opponent, the value is above 1700. Approximately 4%-25% (higher end means most your damage would come from this, say against a permablocker theoretically) but probably just 4%. Meaning it's equivalent value is that of 1800ish damage per second.

If you saw a set with those 2-4 bonus and had a 10% chance on ANY kind of damage to deal 1800 damage per sec for 6 sec with only a 6 sec cool down you wouldn't like it? Yes you would, and this is as good or better
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2018 2:32AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems fairly balanced to me, I'm more excited about the 2-4 bonuses honestly. I love the hybrid flavor.

The vast majority of the other sets coming in Summerset are utter garbage though, just be glad this one isn't.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only care if this set can stack with itself. If it does that’d be OP asf.

If not, it’s just another strong tool for Xv1, especially vs Magicka builds (mainly Sorc).
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    It seems fairly balanced to me, I'm more excited about the 2-4 bonuses honestly. I love the hybrid flavor.

The vast majority of the other sets coming in Summerset are utter garbage though, just be glad this one isn't.

Fairly balanced to me as well. People forget thick skin will provide legit x% mitigation (assuming most builds don't use projection buffs as well.).

Plus I assume it won't proc if you can't damage with other damage on a shield or that DMG gets dodged lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Fairly balanced to me as well. People forget thick skin will provide legit x% mitigation (assuming most builds don't use projection buffs as well.).

Plus I assume it won't proc if you can't damage with other damage on a shield or that DMG gets dodged lol.

@Minno

All things that proc on damage proc when hitting a shield
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2018 2:33AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion Damage is not mitigated by anything. Not even Battle Spirit, CPs, etc.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

>Implying the only person you'll ever be killing is a Mag sorc doing nothing but spamming ward

Edit: remember when everyone thought acuity sucked because of how the numbers made it look "small"?

Because it's Oblivion damage, in PvP, the base value damage is equivalent to 1700 dmg per sec.

But because it's Oblivion damage, it also ignores armor resistance, so unless you're fully penetrating your opponent, the value is above 1700. Approximately 4%-25% (higher end means most your damage would come from this, say against a permablocker theoretically) but probably just 4%. Meaning it's equivalent value is that of 1800ish damage per second.

If you saw a set with those 2-4 bonus and had a 10% chance on ANY kind of damage to deal 1800 damage per sec for 6 sec with only a 6 sec cool down you wouldn't like it? Yes you would, and this is as good or better

The issue I have is that sets that deal smaller DOT effects like this one are more or less a flat reduction in opponent healing, rather than damage.
    And I am not saying that having access to that isn't strong. Between Defile and this set you could pretty much fully negate a vigor on a low-crit build.

My point is more that if I want Obilivion damage, I'd rather give up a weapon trait and enchant rather than a full 5 piece set.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

>Implying the only person you'll ever be killing is a Mag sorc doing nothing but spamming ward

The issue I have is that sets that deal smaller DOT effects like this one are more or less a flat reduction in opponent healing, rather than damage.
    And I am not saying that having access to that isn't strong. Between Defile and this set you could pretty much fully negate a vigor on a low-crit build.

My point is more that if I want Obilivion damage, I'd rather give up a weapon trait and enchant rather than a full 5 piece set.

Well infused Oblivion + this, is hella strong for a finish.

Personally I'm also pairing it with at least skoria and probably Caluurion on my Sorc.

Using the sload for (as you say pressure on heals) and helping proc skoria

With Caluurion + Curse to apply burst on command.

Using Pulse and Imbue for instant abilities.

That's all the pressure and burst you need with the best execute in game
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'm also pairing it with at least skoria and probably Caluurion on my Sorc.

So many procs. PvP was a lot better when skills determined outcomes rather than how many procs are cast on you. There’s a good reason why everyone wanted Viper’s Sting nerfed after One Tamriel.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me want to cry! :'(

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409692/sloads-semblance-aka-shield-breaker-2-0-should-be-magicka-only#latest

@Waffennacht Sload's is even worse than you think. Watch the @Alcast video linked in my thread. The tooltip gets even higher with CP, and it procs on all damage. Uptime is almost 100%!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sload Duroks Zaan...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

So many procs. PvP was a lot better when skills determined outcomes rather than how many procs are cast on you. There’s a good reason why everyone wanted Viper’s Sting nerfed after One Tamriel.

Yeah, but people talk @#$& when you go with more original ideas. And I gotta make up for bein in PuGs against premades.

Sload, Skoria Cal

Nirn front with double dmg poisons

Wrath Curse imbue, hardened, reach (frost staff) meteor

Power Surge, streak/mist form/boundless/dampen magic (depending on format), meditate, healing ward, rune cage, Panacea

= Pwnage

Edit: infused Oblivion dmg backbar, so when you weave the cage you blast em with that (LA, cage, swap)
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 30, 2018 3:38AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But seriously. So much this.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409692/sloads-semblance-aka-shield-breaker-2-0-should-be-magicka-only#latest

@Waffennacht Sload's is even worse than you think. Watch the @Alcast video linked in my thread. The tooltip gets even higher with CP, and it procs on all damage. Uptime is almost 100%!

Oblivion damage TOOLTIPS scale with CP, but the actual damage done does not.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is way over the top. It's not situational damage like Shield Breaker, or damage you have to focus a build toward like Skoria. Uptime will be near 100% and it will work against every build out there.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oblivion damage TOOLTIPS scale with CP, but the actual damage done does not.

Yep, shieldbreaker tooltip get´s increased by Master-At-arms but the actual damage is no different.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going straight onto my dot Stam Sorc. Hurricane, sloads, rending slashes, axe bleed, gg.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not convinced this is better than Overwhelming Surge.

Even allowing for the 1700 theoretical tooltip, Overwhelming Surge still beats it.

Surge also procs concussion, reveals NBs, will have a higher up-time and better 2-4 stats (at least for magicka builds).

The two advantages Sload's has is the damage follows a target and thus better for a range build (but it can be purge I'm guessing) and targets cant mitigate it by mist form and such.

It's close and I'll try Sload's. Or at least I would as it is on the PTS. If it gets nerfed, couldn't care less.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division it also reveals NBs, as it's Oblivion damage, I don't believe it can be surpressed
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced that its too strong on its own..

Equivalent to a 1800 per sec tooltip you say?

The current viper lists 7800 over 4 seconds = 1950 per sec tooltip. 100% chance to proc and can be constantly up. But then again, its only melee, and doesn't go through shields.

I'm not especially worried about Sloads on its own - but I am worried about it being combined with other oblivion sets. There are people out there who absolutely detest sorcs, use shieldbreaker/infused oblivion and chase down/tbag sorcs every chance they get. I can pretty much guarantee you that there new build will include also add Sloads..

But then, there may be those who don't like the downsides of shieldbreaker and simply switch it for sloads.....

Hard to say if overall it would be a bad thing or not..

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that its too strong on its own..

Equivalent to a 1800 per sec tooltip you say?

The current viper lists 7800 over 4 seconds = 1950 per sec tooltip. 100% chance to proc and can be constantly up. But then again, its only melee, and doesn't go through shields.

I'm not especially worried about Sloads on its own - but I am worried about it being combined with other oblivion sets. There are people out there who absolutely detest sorcs, use shieldbreaker/infused oblivion and chase down/tbag sorcs every chance they get. I can pretty much guarantee you that there new build will include also add Sloads..

But then, there may be those who don't like the downsides of shieldbreaker and simply switch it for sloads.....

Hard to say if overall it would be a bad thing or not..

Well I do get tempted sometimes to equip my shieldbreaker cheese when I see 20k HP sorcs running around with an additional 20k shields.......So far I´ve managed not to do so....but I can understand why some people do it to be honest :/
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surge is still superior, that is all.

Surge is actually buffed by CP, damage buffs, and opponents debuffs so on the builds likely to get the most benefit from slaps surge should perform better.

Plus, that huge aoe reveal...
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 30, 2018 10:37AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it will be OK. But it think it will be just that. OK.

As you mention yourself, it is roughly comparable to Surge. And while Surge is very powerful, it still has the problem of not delivering burst. And it is by now pretty proven, that Procsets with burst damage, achieves kills far easier (Skoria, Caluurion etc.). If this set was 4K Oblivion with a 6-7 sec. cooldown, i would be ALL over this thing.

IF you are going to use this, i would recommend going all in on the design. Combine it with KnightSlayer and/or Torugs with Oblivion Enchants to focus on that unresistable damage.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad, was thinking of bleeds.

This set should be a bleed set :).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Surge is still superior, that is all.

Surge is actually buffed by CP, damage buffs, and opponents debuffs so on the builds likely to get the most benefit from slaps surge should perform better.

Plus, that huge aoe reveal...

Petition to officially change the name of Sload's to Slaps.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone who thinks that this set is fine is crazy. This set needs to be deleted from the game and never be spoken of again.
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on April 30, 2018 12:31PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.